Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Default Re: Whiskey Creek at Sumter Landing

Some of our neighbors and friends have been there several times and have been happy every time. I would hope others would give it a try and a chance. The magic formula of opening a new restaurant is just that! Skill, luck, talent, all of the above??
Old 04-21-2007, 04:10 PM

The 1st time we went to Whiskey Creek, which was about a month ago, I ordered a combo of St. Louis style ribs and chicken. The ribs were ohhhh sooooo delicious. They were meaty and tender (falling off the bone) and absolutely delicious!!! My husband had ordered a steak and said it was just OK. I let him taste my ribs and he agreed they were delicious. The chicken was OK...but I've not found good chicken down south yet!! (The color and consistency of all the chicken I've had since moving to FL leaves MUCH to be desired...but THAT is another story!!!) Anyhow, we could hardly wait to go back because I was going to order just the ribs to get more of the good stuff and my husband wanted the ribs as well. We went back with neighbors and 3 of us ordered the St. Louis Style Ribs. 2 of us had good ribs but 1 of us...ME...got the worse order of ribs imaginable. I looked across the table at our neighbor's and next to me at my husband's order and realized I had been cheated!!!! > It was the end cut with little bones, tons of grizzle and no meat to speak of and what meat there was had been burned crisp because of the small size of the ribs. Anyhow, I told our server who asked if I wanted to see the manager. I said, "no", but she insisted on telling him. He was immediatel at our table and when I showed him what I had, he said, "I am so sorry...that piece of meat should never have been served...it should have been tossed" He said he was VERY sorry and immediately authorized our server to take the price of my entire dinner (even though I ate the sides) off our bill. I was very impressed with their attentiveness to my situation when they became aware of it. We'll definitely give them ONE more chance and go with the best 2 out of 3 decision on future visits is. I think you need to be assertive and TELL them what you want and what you don't want.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:05 PM

Had a GREAT dinner at Whiskey Creek tonight. 2 out of 3 ain't too shabby!! :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM

I took a group of friends to Whiskey Creek for dinner the other night and we had a enjoyable expereince again. They were on about a 15-20 minute wait, which was fine. We all sat outside and chatted away. When we got our table it, our server took our drinks and appetizer order and had them out very quickly. When it came to our food, most of us had steaks and they were very good, except for one in our group who had prime and they said it was the best they have ever had. I think this new Whiskey Creek is doing a good job. So far they have been meet our expectations when we have visited them. 3 for 3. Great Job! We will definetly go back again.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM

Whiskey Creek can be summed up in one word: NIGHTMARE !!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Laura, do you work for Little Joey's?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Gave Whiskey Creek a second try after our 1st bad experience 4 months ago. We got there at 9:30 PM, was ushered to a table that needed to be cleaned. Decided to sit at an adjacent clean table. The hostess tells us "I don't know if we have a server assigned to this table, I'll go check." We wait for a good 20 minutes, hostess never comes back, no one comes to our table or even looks in our direction. We get fed up and leave. We'll NEVER go back!!
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Whiskey Creek

We had a similar experience. We were there on opening night so it was crowded. But calling our food "ordinary" would be pressing it. We won't purposely not return. But there are a whole lot of other restaurant choices to try before we'd feel that Whiskey Creek is a place we should return to.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Went there yesterday for the first time. We decided to wait untill the "birthing pains" that ALL new resturaunts seem to have when they first open. Had lunch service was great and speedy, it should have been as there were only 3 tables being used at the time. The meat was very good the real big downer was the sauces that we were given for the brisket. The hot was hot but had no flavor, the others had no flavor or anything else. Ieven mixed the hot and the "Legend" which didn't come out too bad. Return plans: none in the works but would not rule it out
Thanks for the forum to pass out opinions
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 PM

Went to Whiskey Creek Wendesday night with family that was in from out of town and took them to Whiskey Creek. We had a great time and good food. It is becoming a regular weekly place for my wife and I. They have a special going right now that is a great deal. Everyone should go check it out.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:39 PM

We went there a couple of weeks ago for lunch and were VERY DISAPPOINTED. Tasteless food, slow service and dirty restrooms.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:30 PM

My husband and I have gone to Whiskey Creek about 5 times now. We simply loved it. We had a waiter named Randy, and he just added to the great time we had. The ribs are excellent, drinks are two for one all the time and the service just can't be beat. No restaurant is perfect. We dine out often and see people become demanding and critical the minute they walk in. Keep a positive attitude, keep your comments positive and perhaps you life will improve along the way.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Platinum member

Will a positive attitude overcome "tasteless food" and "dirty restrooms" or is this just another form of denial? But I agree with you, most life experiences are tempered by our feelings or attitude at the time. If you're dining with negative people (and we all probably know at least one,) the odds are that it will be less than a perfect night.

I've never seen a restaurant in TV generate such inconsistent opinions.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM
Veteran member

Yeah gr....the inconsistency with regard to Whiskey Creek is rather strange.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP
The 1st time we went to Whiskey Creek, which was about a month ago, I ordered a combo of St. Louis style ribs and chicken. The ribs were ohhhh sooooo delicious. They were meaty and tender (falling off the bone) and absolutely delicious!!! My husband had ordered a steak and said it was just OK. I let him taste my ribs and he agreed they were delicious. The chicken was OK...but I've not found good chicken down south yet!! (The color and consistency of all the chicken I've had since moving to FL leaves MUCH to be desired...but THAT is another story!!!) Anyhow, we could hardly wait to go back because I was going to order just the ribs to get more of the good stuff and my husband wanted the ribs as well. We went back with neighbors and 3 of us ordered the St. Louis Style Ribs. 2 of us had good ribs but 1 of us...ME...got the worse order of ribs imaginable. I looked across the table at our neighbor's and next to me at my husband's order and realized I had been cheated!!!! > It was the end cut with little bones, tons of grizzle and no meat to speak of and what meat there was had been burned crisp because of the small size of the ribs. Anyhow, I told our server who asked if I wanted to see the manager. I said, "no", but she insisted on telling him. He was immediatel at our table and when I showed him what I had, he said, "I am so sorry...that piece of meat should never have been served...it should have been tossed" He said he was VERY sorry and immediately authorized our server to take the price of my entire dinner (even though I ate the sides) off our bill. I was very impressed with their attentiveness to my situation when they became aware of it. We'll definitely give them ONE more chance and go with the best 2 out of 3 decision on future visits is. I think you need to be assertive and TELL them what you want and what you don't want.
YOU MUST WOK THERE

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.