Who governs The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
. . . In the end, the only difference I see is that in TV, we don't actually have a single "City Hall" to march on with torches in the nights when we're energized about an issue! Cheers!!
Here is an example of how public meetings are handled.

Multi-Modal Path Discussion Group meeting.
Tues. May 9 at Eisenhower Rec. Center

Village Community Development Districts
Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,348 Times in 560 Posts

OP, my best answer to your question "who is in control" is and it's my final answer: ITS COMPLICATED. I'm not the brightest bulb in the ceiling so Ive got to keep it simple. The Developer is in control of the commercial properties of TV and also the residential until the Districts are complete. The various municipalities are in control of policing activities, streets, building codes, etc. in their juristiction, and the three counties are in control where there is no municipal juristiction.

This,as I said, as simple and complicated as it gets. It all works!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:32 PM

OMG, GG, I can't wait to meet you!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Graciegirl
And she governs with patience, humor and exceedingly good grace.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default When you do meet GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursebarb1 View Post
OMG, GG, I can't wait to meet you!
Don't forget to kiss her ring!

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I don't feel like reading everything.
Is there a name or names?

I promise not to ask any questions or make any comments.
You're kidding, right?
Old 05-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I don't feel like reading everything.
Is there a name or names?

I promise not to ask any questions or make any comments.
you did ask a question, and made a comment
Old 05-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Default Ccd's

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I want just the facts as Joe Friday would say and as suggested by Ms. Tutt. So, who runs/controls The Villages? I know that The Villages is a wonderful place with great people. The developer started the community and continues to build new houses, recreation centers, golf courses and other amenities. The Developer also manages the commercial CDDs by appointing associates to the board of supervisors for these CDDs. All residential CDDs will eventually be governed by elected district supervisors. And then there are inter-local district agreements that must be followed that allow someone to control all? Are all CDDs created equal? Who is in charge and where does the buck stop?

It has become apparent to me in comments made by many in the thread “Janet Tutt doesn’t like us?” that there is a general lack of understanding of the organizational structure and who has the final say. Let’s use Janet Tutt as an example. Some say “Managing day-to-day affairs for the developer is her job” while others say “Janet Tutt does not work for the Developer”. I am confused. The Village leadership structure should be public knowledge.

Many people have suggested that the developer runs TV as a personal business as is suggested by the IRS in the Bond case. Our Village attorneys and others claim that The Villages are operated under CDD rules that allow elected and or appointed officials to govern with very little control by the developer. Please go to the districtgov web site to read the various descriptions of governance in IRS updates.

The operational structure chart for The Villages can be found on the districtgov web.

Village Community Development Districts

It’s as clear as mud to me after looking at this chart!

When talking to some Villages employees or in a welcome orientation, people tend to beat around the bush as to who is in ultimate control. They may not know.

I am trying to understand what form of governmental structure we do have in The Villages and who is in control. It looks like CDDs plus something else. Some might say don’t ask as everything is perfect. I say enquiring minds need to know to help stop the misinformation and rumors. If the developer doesn’t control The Villages then stop saying the developer does and vice versa.

Can anyone point to official documents that explain the governance of The Villages and who then controls the same?
We all pay two fees.The monthly ameity fee and a yearly assessment on our real estate tax bill.Follow the money.
Who controls each fee?I do not have a good answer.
What are the expenses paid by each fee?I do not have a good answer.
If someone could answer these questions,I can have a start on how the CCD'S operate.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I need to go to the master to request that all golf cars be painted the same yellow color for visibility and safety sake.
Oh for THE LOVE OF GOD, why stop there?

Every person in a golf cart should have a 5 point harness seat belt, If it is a gas cart everyone in the cart should be wearing fire retardant clothing (including balaclavas and footwear!), all automobiles should be painted the same color yellow, all lawn equipment should be painted the same color yellow, all golfers should wear head protection and safety glasses, everyone should put out orange cones when they are parked, no extension cords should be used unless they have GFCI protected, hearing protection should be mandatory for attending entertainment in the squares and restaurants, there should be salt tablet dispensers and eye wash stations on every corner, all residents should attend a safety meeting at least once a week, condom dispensers should be installed anywhere that more than one person could gather (ie: safety meetings!), everything sharp should be dulled...Please remember; Safety is not supposed to be fun!
Old 05-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Default Who Governs The Vllages

If you read the Front Page story Daily Commercial Saturday May 2nd
it will provide you with all the information you need regarding who governs and controls The Villages Development.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
If you read the Front Page story Daily Commercial Saturday May 2nd
it will provide you with all the information you need regarding who governs and controls The Villages Development.
There is an article in The Daily Commercial, but you have to read it carefully.

I will copy my post on The Charter School thread; The article is about The Villages Charter School. You can link it by just typing The Daily Commercial into your browser.

The gist of it is that the state will enforce class size in The Charter School..

And my guess? The school will probably not be expanded...as the developer appears to be phasing down in building.

The article focuses on the fact that the Charter School only takes kids whose parents are employed by The Villages. Not just employed IN The Villages. I find the title inflammatory. But that is me.

This is quoted from the article.

"It’s a wonderful testimony to our teachers and faculty that so many folks want to send their kids to our school,” Principal Randy McDaniel wrote in an email. “However, just like other Florida schools we are restricted by the law limiting class sizes and our facilities have reached that capacity.”

I think the rest of that article is hype, but that is my opinion.

I don't get The Daily Commercial, because I am satisfied with The Sun and the online news. Some people get the Orlando Sentinel or the Commercial perhaps in part because the editorial page of the Sun bothers them.

Disclaimer. I don't work in any way for The Villages or anybody. I love it here. I think it wise that we all try to quell rumors, and correct misinformation for no other reason but to protect our investment. But I sincerely love this place, JUST THE WAY IT IS.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

It seems that the developer does have a great influence on the direction and decision making for The Villages through his control of all of the commercial CDDs that apparently exercise more control over policies than any of the residential CDDs. Just being the only developer in The Villages would have made any Developer quite influential. I am not debating whether this is good or bad. It just the way I understand how things work in The Villages which seems so far to be a great place to live.

MS Tutt must be a fantastic administrator to work for us and also receive directions from the Developer. The resolution for most issues would take a common path with a few needing to go the way of the stronger push.

What the future will hold as more and more people come to The Villages can’t be foretold. We need to enjoy this time and place as it is now because changes in life are enviable.

Now, if only someone would let me land my Yellow Piper Cub in The Villages. I would rather fly than drive a golf car. It's safer.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflynn1 View Post
If you read the Front Page story Daily Commercial Saturday May 2nd it will provide you with all the information you need regarding who governs and controls The Villages Development.
No it doesn't.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Oh for THE LOVE OF GOD, why stop there?

Every person in a golf cart should have a 5 point harness seat belt, If it is a gas cart everyone in the cart should be wearing fire retardant clothing (including balaclavas and footwear!), all automobiles should be painted the same color yellow, all lawn equipment should be painted the same color yellow, all golfers should wear head protection and safety glasses, everyone should put out orange cones when they are parked, no extension cords should be used unless they have GFCI protected, hearing protection should be mandatory for attending entertainment in the squares and restaurants, there should be salt tablet dispensers and eye wash stations on every corner, all residents should attend a safety meeting at least once a week, condom dispensers should be installed anywhere that more than one person could gather (ie: safety meetings!), everything sharp should be dulled...Please remember; Safety is not supposed to be fun!
Yes, and everyone should be required to drive the same year and model automobile . Each will also be painted the same bright yellow color . In addition to license plates they will have large numbers painted on the front , rear and sides so that they can be easily identified in the event that the driver somehow offends someone else . Said automobiles will be adjusted so that they may not drive any faster than 30 MPH .

Each New Year`s Day and May Day anyone who wishes may impose a new regulation on the entire population by simply posting it on TOTV . This will ensure that everyone feels " validated " and " empowered " to eliminate any felt " injustice " or simple " irritation ".
Perhaps someone who is " energized " by this " enlightened and progressive " approach to self-government might be willing to open a new thread so that we may start a list of the new regulations that will be imposed beginning on 1/1/16 as we have just missed the May-Day " window ".
Old 05-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Sage

I don't know or care who is in command. TV runs like a well oiled machine and I am a happy camper.

I've read all of the responses and I need to take two aspirin and lie down as my head hurts!

Why mess with something, if it ain't broke.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.