Who knows anything about the "no dog leash" permit from the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.
Default Re: Who knows anything about the "no dog leash" permit from the Villages

I agree with Redwitch, it would be fabulous if there were fenced dog parks at TV, I for one would not mind paying extra for the convenience of not having to leave TV to exercise my pooches when we move there.

And yes, it really is a hoot seeing all the dogs riding in Golf Carts and hanging out at the Town Squares. I don't know too many people who don't like cute, well behaved dogs.

Well I thought I was done. lol
Old 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Default Re: Who knows anything about the "no dog leash" permit from the Villages

Old 11-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkpup
I don't know too many people who don't like cute, well behaved dogs.
What about cute, well behaved grand kids?

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Sage

They need ropes on them too
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Linda, I like them, too, even if not exactly well-behaved! Chuck, be nice before these Easterners begin to think us Westerners don't like anything!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Veteran member

Sorry, how could I pass up an opening like that?

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Sage

It is interesting isn't it .... that with 62,000 residents, there is no fenced dog park! :dontknow:
I am told that the Village by-laws allow two dogs per household. I am also told (I don't golf) that the developers have provided a golf course for each Village. And yet they don't provide even one dog park for 58 Villages.

Could this be the solution to everyone's problem? ;D

Old 11-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Gold member

To have a fenced in dog park to serve all 58 Villages is not very practical. Where would it be located? While the dog park in Lady Lake is golf cart accessible, it is a bit of a trip for folks from all over the Villages however.

I would guess the Developer's reaction to the idea of doggy parks to serve all Village residents would be negative. More money can be made by putting homes and commercial establishments on land owned by The Family.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 AM

if you are bitten by a loose dog, call the police, then a lawyer,, bottomless pocket..
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Sage

same with a cute grandkid's bite
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
To have a fenced in dog park to serve all 58 Villages is not very practical. Where would it be located? While the dog park in Lady Lake is golf cart accessible, it is a bit of a trip for folks from all over the Villages however.

I would guess the Developer's reaction to the idea of doggy parks to serve all Village residents would be negative. More money can be made by putting homes and commercial establishments on land owned by The Family.
The Doggie Doo Run Run is a centrally located about 10 acre dog park just outside of the Villages perimeter. It borders a Villages golf course on two sides. It borders Fox Run Golf Course on this golf course's SW and part of its S side. It's between the Village of Summerhill and the Village of Glenbrook. West of Glenbrook on CR101 near where CR104 junctions with CR101.

Costs $3 a day per dog (check the web-site though) or $25 a month for members. Last I looked the directions on the web-site were a little wrong too as CR104 runs into CR101. CR103 runs north-south parallel to CR101. http://doggiedoorun.homestead.com/home.html
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM

Thanks Taltarzac for the info about Doggie Doo Run, the website is very informative.
That sounds like a great place.
:bigthumbsup:
Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Veteran member

The leash law applies to ALL of the Villages and the only place you can let your dog off the leash is in a specified Doggie Park. I know there is one near here but don't know exactly where. We have a courtyard villa and our dog runs around her own yard at her own will. I prefer it that way.

I am a doggie lover but I'll be darned if I would put up with dogs not on leashes regardless of whose dog and what kind it is. I would get some names and report it to the county sheriff pronto!

People who walk their dogs at the post stations tick me off when they don't have any poopie bags in hand. I find it all very disgusting.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
The Doggie Doo Run Run is a centrally located about 10 acre dog park just outside of the Villages perimeter. It borders a Villages golf course on two sides. It borders Fox Run Golf Course on this golf course's SW and part of its S side. It's between the Village of Summerhill and the Village of Glenbrook. West of Glenbrook on CR101 near where CR104 junctions with CR101.

Costs $3 a day per dog (check the web-site though) or $25 a month for members. Last I looked the directions on the web-site were a little wrong too as CR104 runs into CR101. CR103 runs north-south parallel to CR101. http://doggiedoorun.homestead.com/home.html
If I can find Doggie Doo Run Run, anyone can! I lucked out, it is really close to Belvedere where I live. DDRR is on CR 101 about 5 minutes north of 466; and you can NOT get there by golf cart. It is right beside the tower, easy to find. Right now there is a detour when you take CR 101 north from 466, (marked with signs). That detour will end Nov. 19.

I do go to DDRR often with my two dogs .. second dog is practically free. They have a fenced area for dogs over 30 lbs, and one for dogs under 30 lbs. Large dogs cannot go into the small dog area. So I take both my dogs to the big dog area, even Biggins who weighs 10 lbs. People who work there are great. They won't let you pick up your doggie poop, they do that for you! And they keep the place very clean. There are shaded areas for humans to sit and visit while the dogs play. Very pleasant. I have met very nice people there. :bigthumbsup:

Old 11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Founder

Would somebody please tell Doggie Do Run Run that they need to be advertising on TOTV? ;D
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.