Whose watching the money?

Old 04-05-2024, 06:43 PM
Default Whose watching the money?

Over $1.5 million dollars each to repair several exec golf courses?
$1 million dollars to dump stone to stabilize the foundation of the Morse Blvd bridge?
$250k for a traffic light on Colony Cottage?
Who is getting this money?
Why isn't the present grounds company paying to repair the courses they were responsible for?
Why isn't Sumter County paying for the Morse Bridge and traffic signal?
Please help answer these questions.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,336 Times in 391 Posts

I wake in the middle of the night worrying about oir golf courses and all the money we spend
Old 04-05-2024, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,433 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I wake in the middle of the night worrying about oir golf courses and all the money we spend
Oh my……….!
Old 04-05-2024, 08:36 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,908 Times in 3,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoisR View Post
$1 million dollars to dump stone to stabilize the foundation of the Morse Blvd bridge?
Why isn't the present grounds company paying to repair the courses they were responsible for?
Should probably engage, educate and learn.

This is not the place.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
As you can see by previous posts, most Villagers do not care to spend their days worrying how their amenity fees are spent. Most simply want to enjoy their retirement. Going to county or CDD meetings, speaking to an attorney, organizing a boycott or similar, fighting the cause in court.... Too much for those who just want to enjoy their final chapter of life. Unfortunately, some may take advantage because they know there is a slight chance of recourse.

But! Every now and then, there is that ONE who will take the time to fight back. Some have been successful and our community is better thanks to them.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-05-2024 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
If you truly want answers, and are not just ranting, then I urge you to attend the next PWAC meeting and ask your list of questions there. Here, you will get discussion. There, you will be talking to those who make decisions. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,524 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
If you truly want answers, and are not just ranting, then I urge you to attend the next PWAC meeting and ask your list of questions there. Here, you will get discussion. There, you will be talking to those who make decisions. Let us know how it goes.
Exactly.

From districtgov.org -> committies -> Project Wide -> Agendas, the next meeting is Monday morning (4/8) at 8:30 in Seabreeze.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-06-2024, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
I would like to hear more about this. Where and when was this discussed? Do you have a link to the information?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-06-2024, 07:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,657 Times in 971 Posts

Quote:
I honestly think the $1.5 million for the golf courses is not enough - golf course renovation is expensive.

I think they are doing more than dumping stone.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,050 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I would like to hear more about this. Where and when was this discussed? Do you have a link to the information?
https://www.**************.com/2014/...oogle_vignette

The Developer paid the first $100,000 to install the light, the District paid the balance.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
https://www.**************.com/2014/...oogle_vignette

The Developer paid the first $100,000 to install the light, the District paid the balance.
I took this to be a new expenditure, not the light that was put in place in 2014.

I believe that light is on District property so neither the State nor County would be involved.

Hopefully, the District and County are looking into a similar light near St Catherine.

EDIT: I just read the article about a supervisor arguing against the light on Colony Blvd. It turns out his prediction was wrong and the light is helping the situation. I travel through there often and am thankful for that light. Again, I hope they find a way to install one down near Sawgrass.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 04-06-2024 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Clearly sarcasm
Old 04-07-2024, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Should probably engage, educate and learn.

This is not the place.
Ditto!
Old 04-07-2024, 06:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,563 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:
Yes, the cost of everything continues to rise, so $1.5M, depending on the level of work to be done is no longer unreasonable, this is one of the reasons why we have the R&R funds in the SLAD & RAD budgets. After 15 years of heavy play and usage, there will be a need for refurbishing the courses, the companies can only do so much before nature wins. And yes, all of this work is competitively bid.

Glad to see you’re an engineer, NOT, there’s a lot more that goes into stabilizing the island shoreline than just “dumping rock”. The island is CDD property not the county so the CDD/PWAC is responsible for the cost, not the county. There is and never has been anything wrong with the bridge, the issue is island shoreline erosion.

The traffic light at Colony is a project from 10 years ago. The horse is dead, stop beating it.

All of these projects are competitively bid work, so the money goes to whoever was most responsive and had the best bid. Your obvious insinuation is that the “developer” is getting the money and you would be wrong. The developer owned companies rarely bids on work for the district government or county projects, they have more than enough work in house to keep them busy, they don’t need to chase low bid work. The largest expenditure by the District and CDD governments with the Developer is for IT services and maintaining the tee time system, and even this is a very small percentage of the total budgets. Yes, it was all competitively bid.

The county does not do golf cart/multimodal paths and doesn’t fund these project (traffic light) and doesn’t fund work on property they don’t own/have responsibility for (the island resentment - it’s NOT the bridge).

Taking a little time to educate one’s self would go a long way in answering your own questions, but then again, finding answers wasn’t the point of your post now was it, it was more about stirring up an issue where one doesn’t exist.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 04-07-2024, 06:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,735 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
My wife and I live in a beautiful place, surrounded by nice folks, enjoying the benefits of a reasonable (cheap, by some standards) cost of living. I'm not up to my armpits in snow for half of every year. None of the roads I drive on are covered with ice. I pay far fewer taxes than I did before we moved here. Everything we could possibly ever need is within a 15-minute golf cart ride. I don't feel the need to carry a gun here: most "crime" in and around TV is pretty picayune compared to that where many of us hail from. I can enjoy outdoor recreation NOT defined by XC skiing or drilling through two feet of ice so I can fish, and I can do it for 12 months out of every year.

The track record of those in charge around here speaks (thunders) for itself. And I would far rather have those in charge CONTINUE to be in charge, and doing it their way, than I would the ax-grinders and nitpickers who find fault with them.

Tags
paying, bridge, courses, repair, traffic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.