Why do some roundabouts have these markings?

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2022, 07:55 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Old 08-17-2022, 04:06 PM

While studying details of that Morse photo, and without reading all the responses... I'll guess that the ones without the yellow lines allow drivers to stay in either inside or outside lanes while entering or exiting the roundabout on the left. (You can send the free cookie coupon to this account.)
Old 08-17-2022, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The markings are place where a road being exited onto is one lane.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:35 PM
Default Roudabout

I love roundabout, got very used to them in Europe years ago. I do scratch my head as to why the design engineers put what we have here in The Villages. I have been here for twelve years and have made many observations of accidents, close encounters and people stopping in the roundabout unsure what they have gotten into. . We have a population of senior to very senior residents, many of whom should probably not be driving due to eyesight, reflex and other cognitive shortcomings. Couple that with a good percent that find it difficult to transit them and it seems to be to be a recipe for problems, I always felt that a one lane roundabout made more sense here. You get in when traffic is clear and get off at the exit you want. No worries about the vehicle next to you wondering if they are getting off or continuing on around. Just my two cents.
Closed Thread

Tags
lane, roundabouts, attached, picture, traffic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.