WHY SO MANY RESALES LISTED THAT SAY BARELY LIVED IN?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Default Re: WHY SO MANY RESALES LISTED THAT SAY BARELY LIVED IN?

We originally bought a Villa and put it on the rental program, living in So Georgia at the time we thought weekends during the off season would be enough. Wrong!!!!!! We became full time residents a year ago. Now we have a BIG dog down here full time so we found a house (rarely used LOL) with a huge yard. Here is my personally WHOOPIE for the management of the Villages......huge yard on a hill. We had serious bogging problems at the base of the hill with even a minor rain. The house itself was built up so there wasn't any water there. We called ????? and he came out the next day. He said that the Villages shouldn't have sold the lot THREE years ago with a drainage problem like that so The Villages put in a french drain all the way around the house for free. This was a resale!!!!!! They won my heart, The Villages ROCKS!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Sage

We're here full time. We live in a Designer neighborhood. Of the 50 homes on our block/circle, I would guess about 15 are occupied by other than full-timers (my definition of a full timer is someone who is here at least 10 months a year). Of these 15, only a couple are available for rent.

In a villa neighborhood, the percentage of non-full-timers and rentals is probably higher.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman
WOW! We love the enthusiastic replys to our question. Thank you all for your replys and lengthy explanations.
To the people who replied please answer one more question. tell me if you live in TV full time or are snowbirds.
When we come we plan to be full timers.
DISKMAN

When we get down to TV (as soon as house sells) we will be there full time too. That's why this site is sooo valueable!!!! ;D It answers even the questions you didn't know you needed to ask!. Keep posting so we all know how your doing with your move. You may find out something we all need to know. (And light a candle for us up here in Colorado while we try to sell our home!)
Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM

This has been great to read and answers our questions on resales also. I really like this website and being able to hear what Villagers have to say is very helpful. Can't wait to be a Villager. Our house ???will be on the market soon up North and hopefully it will sell in our timeframe. Anybody from Central NJ?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Full-Time Or Not?

When we moved down in October, 2006 our plan was to depart TV for our summer home in Michigan in time to arrive for the Memorial Day holiday, then return a week or so after Labor Day. After our first 6 months in TV, our late May departure date was NOT a happy day. We had no idea how much we would like The Villages. Next year, it'll be "up north" from the Fourth of July until after Labor Day. Frankly, if not for the grandchildren being close to our summer home, we'd probably be full-timers and just vacation for August in Michigan. I can't tell you how many people say that the only thing standing between full-time in The Villages or not are "the kids up north".
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curry
hi we had a villa in the villages we well retire in 5 years the cost to keep it up is to hi a we do not want to rent it if you rent it for 2,000 it well not pay for all you have to pay we sold it a well go down and rent and let others pay for it
what are you including in your words "cost to keep it up" are you referring to the gardener and such? how many sq feet was it and what was your monthly cost to keep it up?
thank you for your replies
Larry & Bev
Wanabee future TVer
Old 07-17-2007, 03:42 AM

Hi Diskman,

I'm a snowbird (or a rain bird) from the UK limited to only 6 months in the USA by Federal Rules. I would love to be full-time but have to maintain 2 homes ..so I bought a manufactured home on the east side of 27/441 - I have visited lots of folks who have bought new homes and I'm continually surprised how little they get for their money - a standard courtyard is very small in comparison to my place - as for being looked down upon ..I seriously don't think that happens - I have lots of parties and folks come from as way down south as Liberty Park and they love it in my house - they sit out on the rear deck and watch the golfers go by and really enjoy the views of the golf course ....golf course veiw lots on the south side are eye-wateringly expensive ..my last party before we left in the spring we had 50 people ...try doing that in a courtyard villa.

I guess what I'm saying is ..check out all the options and really evaluate what you get for your hard earned bucks ...to get the facilities and space and view that i've got would cost you 3 times as much on the south side.

A UK friend of mine just bought a lake view villa ..just off Morse and his place cost him 2.5 times what mine did for less space - OK so its a stick built ranch...but thats only wood !! has about the same strength as a manufactured (not mobile trailer types) block and stucco homes are stronger but the tornado that came thru ripped those guys to shreds too - what about the church on 27/441 - that was a hurricane shelter - I've been here 4 years and never experienced any serious problems with hurricanes ..my neighbour across the street has been here more than 20 with no problems !!

Good luck with your move to the Villages - you are gonna love it - pop up to the Tiki Bar at the OBH pool and buy me a beer sometime.

Cheers
Old 08-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
mike1946, we just made an offer on a home east of 441. It is beautiful inside and out and our lot is incredible. 1200 sq. ft, no bond and all for $50,000 to $150,000 less than the newer side of things. Glad you are happy, hope we will be too. Take care. :bigthumbsup: 8)
i will be curious what the asking was and what they accept. is it construction or manufactured home
if it was listed in the properties of the villages what was the listing nbr. although we are not ready yet I'm trying to get a handle on negotiations
Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-12-2007, 11:28 AM

NO BUYERS..... All staled out up north trying to sell the homes... and not getting enough to buy the big homes here. Currently over 560 homes for sale and growing.....
Old 08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Veteran member

I came to The Villages under protest. I am a Yankee that bleeds New England blood and wanted to retire in Maine or New Hampsire. BUTTTTTTTT, my wife did not! ;D Soooo, we came here two years ago. Trust me, I am a changed man. This place is awesome. Eveyone seems to check who they were and their egos at the door and you start over. It's a bit like going to college all over again. We are very happy here and after all my grumbling I am very pleased that we are here....and dat's da truff. :#1:
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Eternal Member

All of the reasons I have seen posted are good. One reason that I have not seen is that the spouses (wives) missed the kids and grandkids and do not want to be that far from them so they sold and moved back to where they came from. And this was not just one or two couples that moved here - but many.

I would suggest that you are very sure that you don't mind the separation mileage before you make the move. It could get expensive.

For the rest of us, there are summer trips and winter trips to keep the homefires burning.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Sage

In Mar 06 we bought a home in Mallory on the spur of the moment. We figured we'd use it several months in the winter. Wrong!!! We ended up loving The Villages and wanted to be here full time. We bought a larger home in Dec 06 because the kids and grands love to come visit. We needed the room! Our Mallory home ( a Bridgeport on the golf course) is still for sale but I have no regrets. Had we not bought it ,we would never have moved down here full time. 8) The Villages are wonderful!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.