Winn Dixie pharmacy

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Default Winn Dixie pharmacy

I was at Winn Dixie at Sumter Landing yesterday and was speaking with the pharmacist, and I asked why they are not the primary carrier for United Health Care drug program. She stated that, The Villages United Health Care Insurance has been blocked by The Developer for two years. She got this information for Winn Dixie Corp. They do take all United Health Care Prescriptions as a primary expect for The Villages United Health Care HMO. No one understands why The Developer would block Winn Dixie from using UHC because he gets a percentage of all sales out of the store. According to Winn Dixie, The Villages UHC HMO is owned by The Developer and he can do as he pleases.
Thank goodness I have UHC through AARP and can us it anywhere.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp000 View Post
No one understands why The Developer would block Winn Dixie from using UHC because he gets a percentage of all sales out of the store.
Not sure this is true, I thought recently there was a thread that stated that he didn't received a percentage of sales, only rent??
Old 07-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,559 Times in 1,931 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I only believe positive rumors from the pharmacists around town.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp000 View Post
Thank goodness I have UHC through AARP and can us it anywhere.
Just to be accurate, I don't think you have UHC through AARP, but rather you have UHC that just happens to pay AARP for the use of there name and indorsement.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:11 AM

Just stating what the pharmacist said. She would most likely would know. As far a the UHC insurance, it was bought through AARP.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Email Reported As Spam

When it comes to the issue of health care coverage I am not pleased with either the Developer who monopolizes every aspect of living in TV or AARP who sold senior citizens down the river so they could get a top spot in the ACA programs by pushing out Medicare Advantage

ACA is having a direct negative affect on all insurance. I had a satisfactory supplement plan with my employer and in 2015 they will pay me a certain amount after i purchase a supplement on my own. The largest health care insurers announced that they are taking upward of 25% hike in premiums.
something tells me my fellow retirees and me are going to be taking a beating

Given the dismal prospect for future health insurance coverage people will be saying thank God he had a sudden death and his family didn't have to suffer all those unpaid medical bills.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
....AARP who sold senior citizens down the river so they could get a top spot in the ACA programs by pushing out Medicare Advantage....
Since I have had UHC's AARP Medicare Advantage Insurance since long before the ACA came along (and other insurance companies Medicare Advantage insurance programs since the 1990's), I don't think their was any "pushing out" to gain a top spot!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.