Wish Us Luck!

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Default Wish Us Luck!

We met with the realtor today to begin the process of putting our home up here in IL on the market. . .yikes! This is a big step for us since we have lived here for 25 years and never sold a house before. But we are so excited that we are at this point. We both will retire from teaching in June, 2010 and our TV home in St. Charles is waiting for us! ) I will be so nervous for our first showing. Maybe it will be when we are out of town. We are heading down to TV this Sunday to spend a couple of weeks.
I would love to hear from others who are currently trying to sell their home up north.

Marilyn
Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Good luck. My wife and I know the drill. Don't forget St. Joseph,

Yoda
Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 AM

Thanks for the reminder about St. Joseph. So where and how is he supposed to be buried to bring the most success???
Old 07-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Veteran member
Smile Good Luck Junebug!!

Congratulations on your new home! Showings usually arent fun hehe, I was going to say "dont be nervous", but I get nervous too hehe. But...as you are cleaning, polishing and waxing floors hehe.....just remember your new beautiful home in Paradise. .
I live up North and the market has been very very slow , but I wish on my lil wishing rock from Ireland every morning . And lots of praying too that I wont be here another winter! .
Best of luck to you!
Jeanne
Old 07-14-2009, 07:58 AM

Good Luck Junebug7....wishing the best for both of you. One more year until retirement from Kaneland...YIPEE!!!! Hope your house sells immediately.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:33 AM

Our home went on the market yesterday. Looking forward to a quick sale and then on to TV. We have more or less settled on the Designer series and the wife insists we get one with the golf cart garage for the extra storage space.
Semper Fi!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Good Luck to you captgeo! Our house will be officially an active listing on Thursday. We are hoping for a quick sell also, but we are realistic. It only takes one buyer though! Our TV home is one of the designer series and we love it when we are there. Can't wait to be full-timers!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Sage

Good luck, junebug7... from a little bit south of you - St. Joseph IL. We're planning to FT in TV in 2012.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:18 PM

We put our home on the market 2 weeks ago and yes, it was exciting and sad for us too. We built our home 20 years ago and so many memories! However, I try to keep my eye on the ball meaning TV. After we sell this, we will move to our condo in Florida and then sell that. Not so many memories at the condo so I don't think that will be the same thing as selling our home in PA.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We are painting and fixing and sprucing here in Cincinnati thinking to put our house on the market next Spring. We already have a Camellia in Hadley and we too have mixed feelings. It is senseless to be in one house and worry if everything is o.k. in the other. I hate to leave our daughter and grandchildren, but you know what? This is not the dress rehearsal!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug7 View Post
Thanks for the reminder about St. Joseph. So where and how is he supposed to be buried to bring the most success???
We did not follow the directions to bury him upside down. I placed him in a baggie with a piece of last years palm leaf, buried him in the ground. Said our prayer. It works. No faith needed. Just expect it to.

We got our final offer in 45 days and there was no lack of showings. Picking the right broker helps.

Best of luck

Yoda

Last edited by Yoda; 07-14-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:28 PM

Yoda, one more question . . where exactly do you get a St. Joseph statue?? Hope that wasn't a stupid question.

Graciegirl: I have been amused by your postings here on TOTV for awhile now and hope to meet you in person someday soon. We spent most of last year taking down wallpaper, painting neutral colors, cleaning, decluttering, purging etc. So I know how it feels. We had a 2-page "to do" list and I am so thrilled to say that almost everything has been crossed off. We are almost DONE!

We also built our house 25 years ago and this is where we spent most of our time raising our family. BUT, we are ready for the next phase. We are torn leaving our 2 daughters that live close to here and our precious grandsons, but we will travel and they will have a blast visiting us in TV. Who knows they are even talking about relocating to warmer climates too. Our son lives in Knoxville, TN so we will be about the same distance away.

Thanks so much to those who have replied. It makes us feel like we are making some new friends already.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Best of luck. We too are fixing up to sell but in 22 months with 36 months of things on the to do list. I ripped out a wall this week so I can't turn back from the fix up now. Oh well once more into the breach.

Last edited by TrudyM; 07-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Gold member

[QUOTE=junebug7;214640]Yoda, one more question . . where exactly do you get a St. Joseph statue?? Hope that wasn't a stupid question.

Ours was a part of a manger set that we had. Any religious store or on line will have them.

Yoda
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 AM

I'm with you graciegirl! Life is too short.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.