Woman at pavilion incident wants jury trial

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
This subject has been discussed many times in the past and you can search for it at the top of the page under search.

There is proof that it is a lie by looking at the Board of Health reports which list Sumter county as one of the last in terms of STD's.

As a side joke someone said to just say that the Developer made it up to get people to move there hahahahaha.
I like your sense of humor. I guess it's the same people who make up stuff about Mountaineers, huh?
Old 06-22-2014, 05:06 AM
Sage
Default You care for all the right reasons

[quote=gerryann;896***]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NottaVillager View Post
It's her right to ask for one..according to other stories she's obtained the services of a lawyer and I'm guessing the mouthpiece thinks the chances are better with a jury. Why does anybody here care?[/QUOTE]

I care because I live here. It's embarrassing. When I first talked of moving here, a lot of friends and family talked of the STD "study"......that was embarrassing as well.

Why do folks feel sorry for this woman?? She chose to remove her clothes in public. She chose to perform sex in public. She chose to drink and drive. So now she's choosing to have a jury which will bring further attention to TV......before too long its gonna be discussed on all the talk shows.

By your name it appears that you do not live here....well I do and its embarrassing......so don't ask why we care.

You care for all of the right reasons. As would we. More power to you.

My own personal opinion:
Not all the "bad press" or "rumors" can be attributed to the book "Leisureville".

One only has to read TOTV long enough to see that many think of active adult community in a totally different way than another might think of active adult community. It's so obvious why some move there..........vs. the reason others might decide to relocate to a 55+ retirement community. It takes a bit of research to come to a proper conclusion or decision. Unfortunately, the quieter ones rarely speak up........and the blatantly rude ones overpower the meeker ones.........

In reality all communities have a sleezier side, which is usually kept hidden.......we all go about our normal lives without even coming in contact with it.........but in the public squares? That is not quite normal.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:12 AM
Sage
Default It's all MARKETING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Sometimes it seems that the only way we know who we are is by listening to those who carefully craft our image. We are told that we are The Friendliest Hometown, The Healthiest Hometown, the most charitable hometown, and the wealthiest hometown etc. And all of that has to be defended, that's the true agenda: Defending an image.

I say, "we are who we are and no one has to prove anything." We are a cross section of America, period.

It's all "MARKETING" another word for advertising or promoting.
Our little town in Vermont, which has done o.k. for the longest time, now has hired a marketing firm to promote our beautiful mountains, our fall foliage (what???), our covered bridges and meandering dirt roads.........our simple way of life. They hired a firm from Denver, Colorado......of all places........to "market Vermont".

You are right........people will judge based on those they come in contact with......the friendly average Joe's.......not the party animals nor the brazen ones acting out in the squares. Public exhibition is a mental issue.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I have said all of this talk of TV is ridiculous. Thursday night made me begin to scratch my head and wonder. Only it wasn't the old folks. We were at LSL listening to music when about 6 young women who were in same sex relationships began dancing and behaving in a rather provocative manner. I spoke with one of the young women and she introduced her partner as her wife. I have no problem with it being her wife but I did have a problem with their behavior as it was getting a little raunchy. All were obviously rather intoxicated. Then I walked across the street to Panerea when I saw a deputy sheriff running toward a Community Watch representative. The watch rep said there he goes, a bald man in ablue shirt. Then a few minutes later there were EMTs, fire truck, community watch vehicles and law enforcement. A man had caused a disturbance and had to be tasered. In the DAily Sun his age was listed as 51. Thursday was quite a night at LSL.
perrjojo: what you describe above is very very disturbing and is going to have a real negative effect. What concerns me as much is that several posts followed yours and I am the only one who responded. If there isn't better policing the town squares won't be fit for family visits

I am asking myself exactly what kind of people is The Villages attracting?
Old 06-22-2014, 07:54 AM

There seems to be an epidemic of over-editing quotes in this thread so that they loose the attribution, and therefore the ability to track it back to the original post. Please be cautious when excerpting a quote.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,676 Times in 1,779 Posts

If this case goes to a jury trial not only will it burn a lot of taxpayer money but it will no doubt be well publicized by the media. Such a threat of exposure might convince the prosecution to think twice before proceeding. Else, The Villages might become known world wide as "America's Horniest Hometown" or as a "A Sexually Active Adult Community"

Might not this request be viewed as a tactic by the defense to abort any further consideration of prosecution?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If this case goes to a jury trial not only will it burn a lot of taxpayer money but it will no doubt be well publicized by the media. Such a threat of exposure might convince the prosecution to think twice before proceeding. Else, The Villages might become known world wide as "America's Horniest Hometown" or as a "A Sexually Active Adult Community"

Might not this request be viewed as a tactic by the defense to abort any further consideration of prosecution?
It's her right. If you're going to arrest them, they get to defend themselves in whatever way the justice system allows.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
if this case goes to a jury trial not only will it burn a lot of taxpayer money but it will no doubt be well publicized by the media. Such a threat of exposure might convince the prosecution to think twice before proceeding. Else, the villages might become known world wide as "america's horniest hometown" or as a "a sexually active adult community"

might not this request be viewed as a tactic by the defense to abort any further consideration of prosecution?
quite possible. The best way to shut down political attacks is to threaten to reveal the same sins about the attacker.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaus View Post
Sorry, my bad. I'm a member of other forums where this occurs somewhat regularly due to user error; where folks excerpt portions of quotes to respond to, instead of quoting the whole thing.
My bad too. I got the wrong person. Very confusing, the quote attributes at the top in non-bold, followed by the bold quotes in the green part. Sigh.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abster
I think it's totally out of control to keep these comments going. The lady used some very poor judgement. WTH knows what's going on in her life and how it's effected her mental state. I seriously doubt the continuous posts and ugliness we are showing towards one of our own neighbors is of any help to her or her loved ones. Get over it people.
Would you want to know the details if this couple had been arrested for house burglaries, or is it just crimes of a sexual nature that you feel we need to get over? Some people seem to be imposing their own value systems on this woman, i.e., that what she did (but not the man) is so indecent and humiliating that she must somehow be shielded from public comment. I don't see any need to protect either of the accused from the consequences of their alleged actions.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.