WVLG

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 AM
Founder
Default Re: Try 720 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna

I stumbled on 720 AM, which seems to play music from the same era but with the most popular performers you expect to hear performing familiar titles. I also like some of the on-air hosts who often seem to be playing music from their own collections. I can't quite figure out where the station is located, it broadcasts over "repeater" stations within the central Florida area.
WRZN 720 AM Sunshine 720 Hernando Nostalgia
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Default Re: WVLG

Can't listen to it! I've tried and tried, but the music selection leaves me cold. For more on this see the thread 'ROCK MUSIC' Now, there is nothing wrong with 50 to 60 year old music, but come on folks, there are younger people moving to TV with much broader musical tastes. How about playing some hipper rock music from time to time?
Old 10-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by opbob77
Can't listen to it! I've tried and tried, but the music selection leaves me cold. For more on this see the thread 'ROCK MUSIC' Now, there is nothing wrong with 50 to 60 year old music, but come on folks, there are younger people moving to TV with much broader musical tastes. How about playing some hipper rock music from time to time?
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 AM

I like the station but I would love one improvement. Broadcast over the web. It would be a great way for snowbirds to stay in touch with the Villages !!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Founder

It's a shame that WVLG does not allow some personality to develop with their air staff. Speaking from 40+ years in the business in radio markets all over the world, I have learned that the most successful stations are the ones that have air personalities that are immediately recognizable with a combination of A #1 sure fire hit songs. WVLG is designed to be background music with DJs that will never, ever offend anyone. That's why they do not take calls from the audience, for fear that some resident will say something that might adversely affect home sales or the "it's a great day" image that they have worked so hard to develop.

As I have said about every station I have ever worked for, "It's their station and they can do, with it, anything they wish." Whether its a good station or not is another thing. I for one, do not wish to be locked into the past and spoon fed music from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Today, for me, is the "good old days." I live for tomorrow and the excitement and new experience that it will bring. So, I have two choices, if I don't like it, I can find another station, and if I can't find a station I like better, I can turn the radio off. ;D
Old 10-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My problem with WVLG is that they try to be all things to all people . Being from the older generation , I only want to listen to my kind of music..I find that AM 720 come very close to my tastes and I don't give a d--- about what Willie Nelson is raising money for now or If Paul McCartney is working on a new album.....
I wish WVLG would realize that I'm not going to run right down to a tent sale and buy a $30,000 automoble because its a pretty day...These dealers must have cars coming out of their ears. Leave me alone and let me listen to some music...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.