Selling in NJ Four Seasons thinking about The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Default Selling in NJ thinking about The Villages

I am sure people see threads like mine a million times " Interested in moving to The Villages..." etc.

Thanks, any suggestions of neighborhoods and groups would be great.

I enjoy bicycling (road bike) and more quiet location.

Last edited by RamQuadCab; 08-06-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,636 Times in 1,355 Posts

Visit first either a lifestyle package or rent a home in the off-season. You’re considering moving here I would recommend renting at least a month.

Maybe try different areas we are a large community there are many homes on golf courses but homes are very close together.

The type of Gym you’re looking for is not here at this point in time.

Closest base would be less than a 2 Hour Drive.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:22 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,440 Times in 1,479 Posts

I agree, the best way to see if this is for you is to come down and give it a try.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,549 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamQuadCab View Post
I am sure people see threads like mine a million times " Interested in moving to The Villages..." etc.

I want to find the right village to move to. First off, I do not like trees so prefer more open grass views, could be golf course, or just open grassy fields. sporadic trees. Anyway, at least around my house do not want trees. Any ideas? Also, I have not sold my 55plus 2 bed 2 bath home in NJ yet, I've had offers, but they are about 10k too short to pay my closing costs on 210k. Anyone ever do a switch? You buy mine, I buy yours? Where I am the HOA is 190 and they take care of all the landscaping, snow removal (yeah, snow, lol) with 2 pools, fitness center tennis, courts, and etc. What is the HOA fee there? Do they take care of all your landscaping?

Also, I like bicycling (road bicycle, helmet, uniform) so would be good if there was a place with easy access to country roads and other bikers for friends, riding. Bike shops?

Enjoy horseback riding and saw the polo club offers lessons, that would be great, so an area close to horses would be great for riding, recreation.

I am an Army veteran with access to the base for the commissary and fitness. What is the nearest base with that? I see the VA Hosp is in Orlando. That is not far, but what about when I have surgery or something, is there a network of veterans where people help each other out? Veterans groups in general?

What are the fitness centers like? We have one here, but it is very, very small and quiet, people work out a little, and often turn lights out in the weight room to sit and meditate. I need a more active, busy gym where people do work out good.

I'm a non smoker, allergic to smoke, so what communities are more health conscious and what property layouts are better for avoiding smokers on their patio? More room I guess. Where I am now, I have a yard and the other homes are close, but not like 12 feet close.

Welcome to you. I just love it when a tenderfoot wanders in. Mr. Cab, you are gonna be astonished.

Trees. Buy one without a Live Oak. They get great big and messy and after they get to a certain diameter they are NOT allowed to be removed. The other trees you will grow to love. They don't shed and many flower.

Trading your New Jersey home for one in The Villages. Not likely to happen. Wait until you get here. You will see why people are crazy about this place and moving here in droves.

We have a lot of serious and not so serious bicyclists. We have the bentover ones with the uniform and helmets and the straight up wobblies. We have recumbents and incumbents. We have MANY.

Horse back riding is available adjacent to The Villages. Haven't seen any IN The Villages. Have you heard about our love for dogs?

We do have many, many veterans here and we are collectively very proud of every man and woman who honors us with their presence. We have the largest Veterans club in the country here and check out The Eisenhower Center, one of our dozens of beautiful recreation centers in The Villages. Most of the treasures seen there were donated by families of our veterans. video of eisenhower regional recreation center - Bing video The Villages Outpatient Clinic - North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System

We have fitness centers in each of regional rec centers and we have a large MVP center adjacent to Brownwood Town Center and one in Spanish Springs town center that is smaller. MVP Athletic Club - The Villages - Brownwood | MVP Sports Clubs

Most of us are non smokers. Some do still smoke. There are many opportunities to find a home where smoke will not bother you.

Just wait, Mr. Cab until you see this place. It is so beautiful and so well run and I do not work for the developer and I don't sell real estate.. I am a very happy person, living here now for ten years.

Hurry down and see for yourself.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-04-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamQuadCab View Post

I want to find the right village to move to. First off, I do not like trees so prefer more open grass views, could be golf course, or just open grassy fields. sporadic trees. Anyway, at least around my house do not want trees. Any ideas? Also, I have not sold my 55plus 2 bed 2 bath home in NJ yet, I've had offers, but they are about 10k too short to pay my closing costs on 210k. Anyone ever do a switch? You buy mine, I buy yours? Where I am the HOA is 190 and they take care of all the landscaping, snow removal (yeah, snow, lol) with 2 pools, fitness center tennis, courts, and etc. What is the HOA fee there? Do they take care of all your landscaping?

Also, I like bicycling (road bicycle, helmet, uniform) so would be good if there was a place with easy access to country roads and other bikers for friends, riding. Bike shops?

Enjoy horseback riding and saw the polo club offers lessons, that would be great, so an area close to horses would be great for riding, recreation.

I am an Army veteran with access to the base for the commissary and fitness. What is the nearest base with that? I see the VA Hosp is in Orlando. That is not far, but what about when I have surgery or something, is there a network of veterans where people help each other out? Veterans groups in general?

What are the fitness centers like? We have one here, but it is very, very small and quiet, people work out a little, and often turn lights out in the weight room to sit and meditate. I need a more active, busy gym where people do work out good.

I'm a non smoker, allergic to smoke, so what communities are more health conscious and what property layouts are better for avoiding smokers on their patio? More room I guess. Where I am now, I have a yard and the other homes are close, but not like 12 feet close.

Some sites with a lot of information to help before your visit...…………..
Village Community Development Districts
The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Old 08-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

What exit are you from? We spent a month here FROM NJ to "test" in Sept 2016. Got home, put our house up for sale, sold it in 1 day and was here the enxt day "homeless" renting again. Found a place in 2 weeks, moved in a week later and been sweating ever since, Best thing we could have done.

Ed (exit 136)
Old 08-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,698 Times in 640 Posts

People who have a whole list of wants sometimes overlook the important things.

Maybe you should just sell your house, throw out most of your stuff, put the rest in storage, and come to Florida as a free spirit and rent somewhere.

Florida has a great variety of places to live, some very nice and others truly horrible. Have fun finding what suits you.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Addendum to my previous msg: So not to offend some of the residents, yes, there are beautiful and well-built houses in TV; unfortunately they cost nearly twice as much as those outside the TV. I would cite examples but since we are in the market for a house, I am afraid the others will steal our favorites from us. So you are on your own, and good luck.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Sage

[///

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-05-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Moving from NJ

We moved to TV 6 years ago from NJ. I find the only very hot months are July and August. We put a pool in and use it to cool off quickly. Personally, I did look at homes in other communities. There just was not enough to do. We thrive on the active lifestyle and all the classes offered at the Rec Centers. IMO no ther community comes within 30% of all TV has to offer. I think the homes are priced correctly. We have a beautiful home and a great lifestyle.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Addendum to my previous msg: So not to offend some of the residents, yes, there are beautiful and well-built houses in TV; unfortunately they cost nearly twice as much as those outside the TV. I would cite examples but since we are in the market for a house, I am afraid the others will steal our favorites from us. So you are on your own, and good luck.
Really??
I am offended.
Looking for 5 years, are you serious?
Old 08-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Platinum member

Where in New Jersey
Old 08-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Gold member

The market price is the market price. No such thing as a Premium.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We moved to TV 6 years ago from NJ. I find the only very hot months are July and August. We put a pool in and use it to cool off quickly. Personally, I did look at homes in other communities. There just was not enough to do. We thrive on the active lifestyle and all the classes offered at the Rec Centers. IMO no ther community comes within 30% of all TV has to offer. I think the homes are priced correctly. We have a beautiful home and a great lifestyle.
Each to his own lifestyle. Mine is reading, computing, sewing, art,driving around, and dining out, so I do not need the "Lifestyle and Activities" style. There are many of us who are happy by ourselves with a bit of socializing thrown in.

Sorry but I do NOT agree the homes are priced correctly, not when compared to those "outside." We have been looking and looking and studying the listings and maps up and down, right and left, and back and forth.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-05-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, trees, riding, great, close

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.