Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Maybe their dog WAS the entertainment
Who do you think books the acts, AGT?
Old 02-02-2024, 10:39 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I am a dog owner, love dogs - but most dogs don’t belong at the squares. Not because of behavior, but because the dog is stressed from all the stimulus.
Not "most dogs don't belong at the squares". Any & all dogs do not belong at the squares.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Not "most dogs don't belong at the squares". Any & all dogs do not belong at the squares.
Agree! For a different reason. Too many dogs are allowed to stretch their leashes when owners aren't actually paying attention. They can startle with a cold nose on someone's bare leg or wrap the leash around a leg, causing potential slips, trips, falls and spilled drinks. Yeah, all fun, until someone breaks a hip!
Old 02-03-2024, 03:19 AM

Some music is not kind to dogs hearing
Play a harmonica near a dog and see what certain note pitches do to it.
Some of the screeching singers damage my poor ears, let alone a dogs.
Keep the dog at home.
Old 02-03-2024, 04:22 AM
Default Spot on! Leave Spot at home!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
Dogs don't belong at the squares, restaurants or stores regardless of where the owner lives! Stop assuming everyone loves your dog. Most people don't. And yes I'm a dog owner.
I'm a dog guy...100%. My dogs go with me everywhere that we can spend time together....but NOT with other humans around! Everyone else doesn't love your dog...you do...and that's all that matters. So many people wreck everyone else's time with their dogs milling about. IF OTHER PEOPLE are there....LEAVE THEM HOME!
Old 02-03-2024, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Yes Another dog post- move onto more stimulating reposts: Leave your horrible dog home! At Brownwood last night there was a Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog in attendance for the entertainment.

Then, two other Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dogs showed to visit with the first Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog.

Finally after about 20 people kept turning around and glaring at the owners they finally dragged it out of there. I assume they left not because of the glaring, but because they had enough music for one night.

To YOU- and only to YOU your horribly spoiled, misbehaving dog is a family member. To humans gathering with a large group of other humans your dog is an unwelcome irritation. Leave it home. We don't want your Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog ruining the night we are having gathering with other humans.
While we're at it, maybe we can get the Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive People attending to stay home as well.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I am a dog owner, love dogs - but most dogs don’t belong at the squares. Not because of behavior, but because the dog is stressed from all the stimulus.
Thank you, it is simply not fair to put your dog through it
Old 02-03-2024, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
This is likely the most important point here. ^^^
Dogs don't vocalize or otherwise carry-on for no reason. They are simple creatures so, there is always a reason they are doing so.

As a dog owner for decades, I will venture what is an obvious guess and it is that the pitches and decibel level of the music is too much for some of them. Their ears/ hearing are different from ours and it may be absolutely painful for some dogs so, they are expressing their distress and are, essentially, asking for help. Why else would they vocalize and agitate? That's why.
Bingo! Sorry, this is not a clap clap clap for the OP...

I can think of many a human I would love to remove from an establishment... like hackeling, loud mouth blabbing people. I find the OP's long drawn out description of the dog to be a GONG in my ears! Makes me invision a mussle on a human not the dog after that dramatic regurgitation of over the top adjectives.

Humans screw up dogs. Don't be a hater on a dog who clearly did not want to be there.

As Cesar Millan would say:

"Rehabilitate dogs. TRAIN humans"!

I would add... including particular posters on totv.

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 02-03-2024 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2024, 06:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Taking dogs to the Squares during the entertainment constitutes animals abuse, imho. Too much LOUD NOISE too much[IBSTIMULATION[/I], too much CONFUSION that they are forced to try and endure for the love of owner's who put their own wants ahead of the poor dogs needs. I pity the dog who is owned such fools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
I will venture what is an obvious guess and it is that the pitches and decibel level of the music is too much for some of them. Their ears/ hearing are different from ours and it may be absolutely painful for some dogs so, they are expressing their distress and are, essentially, asking for help. Why else would they vocalize and agitate? That's why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Don't be a hater on a dog who clearly did not want to be there.

Why do so many folks presume to know what dogs are thinking and what they like or don't like?

The Villages seems to be haven for Dog Whisperers.
Old 02-03-2024, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes Another dog post- move onto more stimulating reposts: Leave your horrible dog home! At Brownwood last night there was a Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog in attendance for the entertainment.

Then, two other Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dogs showed to visit with the first Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog.

Finally after about 20 people kept turning around and glaring at the owners they finally dragged it out of there. I assume they left not because of the glaring, but because they had enough music for one night.

To YOU- and only to YOU your horribly spoiled, misbehaving dog is a family member. To humans gathering with a large group of other humans your dog is an unwelcome irritation. Leave it home. We don't want your Loud Yipping, Yapping, Sniveling, Snapping, Barking, Crying, Scratching, Misbehaving, Disruptive Dog ruining the night we are having gathering with other humans.
Totally agree, leave the dog at home most people do not want your pet to be with theing their dog into public places. m, at the squares ,groceries , restaurants,.What is with these owners ?
Old 02-03-2024, 06:53 AM

My dog is not loud or yipping yappy sniveling barking crying scrathings misbehaving or disruptive.
I will be bringing her to the square each time we go because she is part of our family.

Not all dogs are bad.

Quote:

Old 02-03-2024, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Maybe you're directing your anger at the wrong party.

Does TV allow dogs at the square? If they can ban smoking in the square I’m sure they can ban dogs in the square during entertainment.

You’ll be banging your head against the wall expecting people to practice common sense with their dogs.

So petitioning TV to ban dogs from the square would be a more viable solution. Opposed to nasty glaring and internet venting.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:11 AM

Why didn't you comment to the owner at the time? Now you're just bitching.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Agree! For a different reason. Too many dogs are allowed to stretch their leashes when owners aren't actually paying attention. They can startle with a cold nose on someone's bare leg or wrap the leash around a leg, causing potential slips, trips, falls and spilled drinks. Yeah, all fun, until someone breaks a hip!
When this happens, that someone gets tangled up in a leash and breaks something, things will change and not until then. Dan Newlin and his ambulance chasers are out there just waiting for this type of accident to sue everyone, including the developer, for negligence.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Why do so many folks presume to know what dogs are thinking and what they like or don't like?

The Villages seems to be haven for Dog Whisperers.
Yes. It is nice that so many dog owners, former dog owners and animal lovers in general have paid attention to all the information on dogs, their sensitivity to sounds, scents, stimulation, focus, and other abilities and capabilities. It is also wonderful that these folks understand that dogs are not not little humans, and think rationally instead of emotionally, what dogs need as opposed to what owners want.

Tags
dog, misbehaving, loud, yipping, yapping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.