You just have to see this!

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Gold member

I did not realize that if I send a letter to someone it becomes their property to do with as they please. A Letter to the Editor I knew could be made public.

I reread the letter you posted and am not to sure of the law - if someone knows of a threat to someone else and does nothing I believe they are considered liable.

Do any of you feel you can make a judgment call as to what this person will do in the future? If not, than I think you are duty bound to inform the individuals.

Another suggestion - is to get legal counsel to protect yourselves and/or ask the police what is your responsibility.

A person can be remorseful over something they did, but not knowing the mental state of the individual or their background I would not presume what they may do in the future.

This person states they are moving to TV which means they may be in close contact with the individual(s) named - I do not want to guess what the interaction may or may not be when they meet and/or see the person they were and/or are angry with.

Please inform the people in the pm you received.

HB
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth Bucket View Post

I reread the letter you posted

This person states they are moving to TV which means they may be in close contact with the individual(s) named - I do not want to guess what the interaction may or may not be when they meet and/or see the person they were and/or are angry with.

HB
Hello Hyacinth Bucket

I know that you indicated that you "reread the letter" which was posted and that you believe the person is "moving to TV". I don't see where the original letter indicates that the person isn't already IN The Villages. It states, in part, "...tell them all, I will see them at TV...". Perhaps someone knows if he/she is a resident even now.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Veteran member
Default C y a !

I agree with HB - that you should consider consulting law enforcement as to whether or not the email is "a threat" to individuals. It should be documented for everyone's safety and the offender needs to know that behavior is inappropriate and unacceptable.

Last edited by ConeyIsBabe; 10-29-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Default The quote

Tony, I love your quote. Is it original or did you read it somewhere?
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Veteran member

i am flabbergasted..
Old 10-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Thumbs up

I love Tony's quote too!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Tony, What political quotes thread is this guy referring to?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Administrator

If I recall the one correctly a member was posting and answering, posting and answering. It turned into a blog. Nobody else was posting in the thread.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Thumbs up

I am referring to the one at the bottom of all of Tony's posts..."Sometimes a majority is ...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.