You will never believe this...

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy03743 View Post
My husband & I were driving across the Florida border hauling a 6 foot by 10 foot trailer of our furniture headed for Allaire Loop in Fernandina. We were towing the trailer with our Toyota Tacoma truck. I was driving & a cop pulled in behind me & after trailing me, turned on his lights to pull me over. I stopped & he was a law enforcement officer for the department of agriculture. Turns out we were supposed to stop at the agriculture inspection station. They are looking for plants & animals that people bring over the border. He gave me a warning & said it would not be on my driving record. He was very nice & Richard asked him if he sent me to prison could he take the dog too. I didn't think that was very funny. ha ha ha Anyway, just letting you all know so you don't get stopped. The funny thing was we have brought 2 loads down and this was the first time we got stopped but I didn't tell him that. Nancy
This has always been the law....As the sign on the highway says " trucks with trailers must enter scale " Nothing new....Some states has very good reasons for it...California for example ...Every vehicle has to go thru an inspection station to enter California....They will have you open your trunk or inspect your trailer....No Exceptions....It has been that way for many years...
Old 08-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

Did you see Sunday Morning this morning? Might explain a few things....
Old 08-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHESTERFIELDROSE View Post
Also I will be pulling a 5 x 8 trailer.
Chances are you will not be required to stop - however, when you see the Florida Agricultural inspection station and a sign - pull over into it. It will take 10 minutes of your time and the officer will just ask what you have and then you leave. No hassle, no worry.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.