56 years newbie to TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2021, 07:16 AM

I agree - do not generalize :-). I live south - I still WFH - thought I would be way younger than most - hahaha - don’t know how it is done - but many couples in my area are in their 40s (yes) and in their 50s.

I might be younger - but that doesn’t mean I do not want neighbors who are respectful of others (quiet, tidy yards, friendly, etc...). :-) :-). I didn’t come here to party - and know very few who do. I have seen some who keep a very festive atmosphere around their homes - hahaha - they mean well - and it is nice to have people like that - but, I am sure glad I do not live near them :-) :-) !!!

I think wherever you go - you will find lots of nice people - who are happy to be here and take pride in their homes and neighborhood. Visit the neighborhood and homesite you are interested in at all times of the day, every day of the week.... you will know :-)
Old 03-21-2021, 07:20 AM

Not true. I'm in my 60s and love it up by Nancy Lopez and Glenview. Easy access to 441, 301, El Camino and Ocala. Mature trees and no bond. Just sayin'.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flillini View Post
I am moving and renting for six months. Been there couple times. Thinking strongly about buying between Sumter and Brownwood. Love golf, softball and all sports talk (especially St. Louis Cards and my Fighting Illini!). Right now limited in my activities with couple bad knees. Any suggestions on areas to live. I have been very impressed driving around and seeing people sitting out on their driveways just talking and enjoying the company. Obviously I'm not the average age in the villages, and I enjoy talking to about anyone, but don't want to feel out of place. I have a college son that for now will stay with me during breaks, or until he finds better options than dad. I do enjoy the more established areas with mature trees and scenic nature. Thank you all in advance!!
Do yourself a favor and go to all the new villages in the south. Just left after 7 days- we drove through every village by golf cart. Great neighborhoods- you will be surprised.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:28 AM

You will find many new friends wherever you decide to settle. Renting first is very wise. The Villages is so huge with advantages and disadvantages to all areas. Renting will give you time to find an area that suits your interests best.
We have lived in the oldest and the newest areas. It is hard to decide which I like better. Good luck.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:34 AM

I’m in Pine Hills, which is about the same distance from Sumter Landing and Brownwood. And I’m only 57....there is a nice mix of ages in the neighborhood.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

The down south area all bright shiny and new attracts many , the established areas north offer a lot more to me . Shopping restaurants , mature landscapes little more laid back , all the amenities established ,many golf courses and rec centers. Just depends on what lifestyle you want . Plus no bond in a lot of cases and ,I would visit town squares and talk to residents for input.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:41 AM

We bought in 2019 in the Hillsboro area just east of Brownwood. Super friendly neighbor neighborhood. The area was developed around 7-8 years ago so all the vegetation was mature when we moved in. Welcome to the Villages.
Old 03-21-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I am moving and renting for six months. Been there couple times. Thinking strongly about buying between Sumter and Brownwood. Love golf, softball and all sports talk (especially St. Louis Cards and my Fighting Illini!). Right now limited in my activities with couple bad knees. Any suggestions on areas to live. I have been very impressed driving around and seeing people sitting out on their driveways just talking and enjoying the company. Obviously I'm not the average age in the villages, and I enjoy talking to about anyone, but don't want to feel out of place. I have a college son that for now will stay with me during breaks, or until he finds better options than dad. I do enjoy the more established areas with mature trees and scenic nature. Thank you all in advance!!
I live in the historic section. Wouldn't have it another way. Bought starter house here & forever house on water on Aloha Way. Got rid of car for everything is accessible by golf cart. Seldom go south of 466. Having the time of my life. Left ALL my problems back in overpopulated, 3rd. world dump Chicago.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:12 AM
Default 56 years newbie to TV

You'd be surprised at how many people your age, and even younger live in The Villages. I'm 57, and moved here almost two years ago (although I had been visiting TV since 2003). My brother- and sister-in-law were only about 50 when they moved here. I think the area you've identified is great...any more north of that and the population tends to have lived here a lot longer (is older). I'm in LaBelle, and love this area. You might also look into the "South of 60s" and "Born in the 60s" clubs. You're going to love it here!
Old 03-21-2021, 08:21 AM
Default TV

Yes, when are they going to put up a "new Square" south of 44?!?! They are all coming up here packing the places now that the perimeter barriers are gone, especially Brownwood!
Goldwingnut - you know anything about a "new Square"?
M
Old 03-21-2021, 09:02 AM
Default So many good choices!

If you haven’t already, you might enjoy a lifestyle visit through the villages, where you can stay in expensively on campus housing-and take informative tours.

The more time you can spend driving around neighborhoods and hanging out, the easier your choosing will be, as the differences are really street by street and time of year.

You can get about anywhere on a golf cart, but if you hang out at a particular square, consider the distance. We live up north in the villages, and 22 miles each way on a golf cart to Brownwood is a time commitment..about an hour each way.

If economy matters, you might want to choose a home with the bond paid. The Villages is in three different counties, and taxes are much higher in Sumpter County and lowest in Marion.

Most importantly, work with a realtor from the Villages Real Estate. I know some will argue this, but I have 40 years of real estate broker experience from Ohio, and worked with a wonderful off-campus agent. There was so much this experienced agent could have helped us with if she had worked full time in TV. I didn’t know how much there was to know!!

My husband inserts here that it could take 2 years to wrap your brain around the many opportunities there are for you in TV.

No matter what you chose, you’re going to end up in a fantastically well run, economically maintained, friendly home and lifestyle! Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I have the same question, 56 years young and thinking about TV as my new home. I will be staying for a 1 month visit to see the sights and homes and I agree that we have to see things for ourselves but I do have the same concern about "fitting" into my surroundings. And also wondered whether certain areas were more diverse in age than other areas? I am ok with peace and quiet but don't want to be too far from activities. Hoping my visit will clear out these concerns and find the perfect new home!
Old 03-21-2021, 09:57 AM

I moved here at age 55. This place is fantastic! Everyone is wonderful! No regrets! Only wish I moved here sooner. The hardest part is trying to explain to friends and family all the Villages has to offer. Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2021, 10:01 AM
Default 56 & been here 4 years!

Quote:
We were 52 when we bought in Pine Hills. We were welcomed & included by our neighbors who have become great friends. We recently moved to Chitty Chatty so we could have a larger house & put in a pool. We love it here-the paths along the preserve are beautiful & quiet. Our neighborhood is the friendliest place we’ve lived. Loads of activities! Our college age son is with us taking classes online (Covid). He loves to fish and is able to fish every day. I was worried that Villagers might question him or make him feel uncomfortable, but it’s been the opposite. He’s only experienced kindness and encouragement-many fellow anglers inquiring about his success.
Pre-Covid we regularly attended Virginia Tech watch parties and the members are always extremely welcoming when either of our kids (22 & 25) attend with us.
Don’t rule out any area-look everywhere, walk around your potential favorite neighborhoods. Don’t just look at the specific home, but look at the surrounding area and how people respond to you when you’re walking around or driving a golf cart around. It’s a great place to live!! Good luck in your search!
Old 03-21-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Come on down to South of 44. We are younger and all somewhat newbies.
Closed Thread

Tags
enjoy, talking, areas, couple, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.