Allow me to introduce myself

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Sage
Default Welcome

Hello Dave,

You willl learn a lot from reading and posting questions on TOTV. Best of luck to you and your wife in your search.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Retired civil service as well, and the KB8TPW, my user name is now W8VLG, a bit more "Villager Friendly", and believe me you'll like it here. Only nnegative is CCR, but that is only a hurdle to jump, not a race to lose. There is an active Amatuer Radio Club (k4vrc.org) as well. 73
Old 05-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Veteran member

Hi Dave...and welcome to the forum! We (hubby and I) are looking forward to becoming Villagers too whenever he can bring himself to retire from his Civil Service (DOD) position. Maybe our paths will cross some day!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 PM

Welcome. We too are soon to be Villagers, I wish you the best in your new venture.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Sage

Hi Dave:

to TOTV. Lots of good information here. If you haven't already, check-out the nuts and bolts section.

Still a wannabee myself who's just waiting for my condo to sell and the it's off to TV. A trip will really put you over the top. It's something that can't be put into words. It's the friendly people and the beauty of TV as well as the numerous activities. When your ready, bring your checkbook.

Any questions, feel free to ask and the many wonderful members of this forum will have the answer. Keep on posting.

I hope we will meet someday.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Default Thank You EVERYONE for the warm Welcome !

Wow !...less than 24 hours on the forum and have already made a lot of new friends. Yes...I think I'am going to love TV as well!

The radio club sounds interesting and I'll certainly be checking that out. Just curious if there is a club "Station" in the works?

I think Mr. "Host" has me beat in the Scuba Department. I'am strictly a "Sport diver" breathing compressed air to 130'...but 100' is my personal limit.

I'am not a golf "Nut" but have played off and on most of my life. I enjoy what little I do play. I love racquet sports and it sounds like "Pickle Ball" maybe right up my alley...(Oh, that reminds me, the wife loves to bowl)!

Well enough for now. Again Thank You very much for allowing me to be a part of your forum.

We'll be seeing you soon!

Dave
Old 05-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PylutDood View Post
Hello, I'am Dave and I'am a newbie to the forum.

Hoping to be a Villager soon, within the next 24 months or so. Wife and I will be making a few day trips and a Preview trip as well but from what I'am seeing on websites and reading in this forum our mind is pretty much made up.

I have to admit, we're also looking at properties in the Spruce Creek airport community but they are growing "pale" by comparison to TV !

Thank you for allowing me to say hello and hope to meet many of you someday soon.

Dave
Currently, Jacksonville, Florida
(but not for long)
Good morning, PylutDood,

Even though we do not own in TV, at this point, I cannot resist offering a little more encouragement for you......

I have ohhhhh soooooo cleverly deduced that you must be a pilot. TV has every kind of pilot you could ever think of, and those pilots seem to have absolutely no problem finding each other.

Although Mr. Boomer did not have the opportunity to fly military, he spent those military days jumping out of perfectly good helicopters and airplanes. He always wanted to fly though. So now he is a single-engine, instrument-rated pilot.

That's how I know about how pilots find each other in TV. Mr. Boomer has it all scoped out. Believe you me, Pylut Dood, you will find your own kind in TV. In fact, you might even forget all about living in an airpark community, no matter how convenient your driveway might be.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 05-29-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Verb tense
Old 05-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Default Well, YES. Guilty as charged...

...I do fly. Have been flying since 1971.

PPL, S/MEL, Instrument, Gliders.

J-3-C-85, PT-17, Beech G-18 (1/3 share) TC-690 (1/5 share) Past A/C.

Now just a 2010 PA-28-181 "Archer". But she is my "Escape Module" :-)

I'am sure I'll be "Gravitating" to the "Pilot group" when I arrive. Would like to base the A/C close to TV. It's an hour closer to Key West but is not a priority at this time.

Just trying to hang on the that 3rd class med that is so near and dear to all our hearts !!!

Look forward to meeting ya'll soon,
Dave
Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Identity theft. Identity theft. That is my number, Bill!
You are sharp as a tack!!

Bill
Old 05-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Default OK...sooooo who's claiming to be....

....the "Junior Samples" look alike ???

Inquiring minds wanna know !!!

LOL

I'am sorry...

Just could'nt resist.
Dave
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PylutDood View Post
Hello, I'am Dave and I'am a newbie to the forum.

Hoping to be a Villager soon, within the next 24 months or so. Wife and I will be making a few day trips and a Preview trip as well but from what I'am seeing on websites and reading in this forum our mind is pretty much made up.

I have to admit, we're also looking at properties in the Spruce Creek airport community but they are growing "pale" by comparison to TV !

Thank you for allowing me to say hello and hope to meet many of you someday soon.

Dave
Currently, Jacksonville, Florida
(but not for long)
Hi Dave,

Good luck with your search. You and your wife are on the right path by looking here at TV. Enjoy your time visiting TV and might I suggest renting a Golf Cart and spending a day or two seeing things from the perspective of a true Villager.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Say What ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Identity theft. Identity theft. That is my number, Bill!
This here be the "real" JUNIORS "lookalike" talkin tuh y'all........justa wunderin iffen Mr. Samples gots hisself a "new" number?????? OR>>> maybe the used car bidness gots so goot dat hean kneaded a Toll-Free number like 1-800-RIPOFF...... an he let the old number go.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Sage

Hi Dave,
Welcome! Best wishes in your search for a home, whereever it may be. Please keep us posted on your progress. And if you have questions, just ask. They don't call us "Florida's friendliest hometown" for nothing!

Best wishes,
Pturner
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.