Books about The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,347 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM View Post
I just finished reading Leisureville and I thought it was a good read. Though I disagree with some of his viewpoints I like the way he writes and shares stories.

Everyone will experience things differently, a lot depends on what you are looking for. His Mr. Midnight is certainly not the way many will experience or want to experience the place. He just chose to include that aspect. But there are plenty of other stories in there also.

I thought some of the tidbits were really interesting. I borrowed a copy online from a site that lends out books but even tho it is dated there is enough in there of interest that had I paid for it I would have felt I got my value from it.
This article kind of sums up Andrew Blechman's main points. I did not see any fiction there just his view of the Villages. The Villages: Florida's Disney World For Retirees : NPR

I skipped the more titillating parts of Leisureville though not really caring what the seniors did or did not do after they hit the hay. How old was Dr. Ruth when she was giving out all that sex advice?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.