Design Team Meeting Advice

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Default Design Team Meeting Advice

My wife and I are new to the TOTV and have only been following for a short time but the advice and information shared is very valuable. We have purchased in Unit 208 and have selected to build a Lantana. Our Design Team meeting is scheduled for Sept 4-6 and have done considerable homework to prepare but still looking for last minute advice.

We know to "stretch" wherever possible which is our intention along with adding a golf cart garage and pool. For those that have recently gone through the Design Team meetings would you have any advice for us?

Appreciate any and all information
Old 08-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,333 Posts

big vote for golf cart garage
Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 PM

Just wanted to say welcome! We are from Northville and closed on our house in Section 177 in Sanibel in mid-June. Hope to be full time by next summer. Do you know who is the designer that you will be working with? It was a great experience and we are completely satisfied with everything.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Designing a new build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan92 View Post
My wife and I are new to the TOTV and have only been following for a short time but the advice and information shared is very valuable. We have purchased in Unit 208 and have selected to build a Lantana. Our Design Team meeting is scheduled for Sept 4-6 and have done considerable homework to prepare but still looking for last minute advice.

We know to "stretch" wherever possible which is our intention along with adding a golf cart garage and pool. For those that have recently gone through the Design Team meetings would you have any advice for us?

Hi
Welcome to TOTV!
We're in 208 and building a Lantana as well.
We spoke to our sales person and queried her as to the manufacturer of the kitchen cabinets. We were told and contacted the company and rec'd their catalog. Now we don't have our design meeting until Nov. but we'll see if we can make changes (that may not be a usual change) and how much extra it will cost. So if there is anything you've seen in the models that you just don't like, I would discuss with your sales agent.

You don't have too much time left...

Good luck!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:43 PM

Extra lighting in the living room, an extra "niche" in the shower, towel racks in bathroom, and of course all the stretches.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan92 View Post

Welcome to TV. My wife and I are from Davison. We purchased a lot in Gilchrist and have our Design meeting in December. We have been visiting this site for the last month and agree that there is a wealth of information here. Keep us posted on your progress. We will learn from you. Hope to see you sometime around February when our home is done.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina

Welcome to the Villages. It was so much fun to design the house. Along with all the great recommendations above, also pocket doors wherever you can get them. We added three, although would have added to all the rooms if we could have. We also added a water spicket and electric outlet outside to every side of the house. You may want one inside the lanai if you have a pool. Also, once you're done and before you sign, go back and take a look at all the models to see if there is anything you like that you may have missed. We wanted the wine rack, but forgot to add it in the kitchen. I did do a change after we signed, so it cost me $250 extra.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.