Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Do You Have Regrets After Moving To TV?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-15-2019, 12:51 PM

Can’t say yet for myself as I am just about to live in TV, but my aunt and uncle did not leave TV until they passed away, and my parents only left when a major illness forced them to.

Old 05-15-2019, 01:02 PM
Sage

I think it’s normal to miss some aspects of your previous residence. You know the most reliable mechanic, the best little restaurant, the nicest out of the way escape for a weekend. A lot of us Villagers moved here from vastly different climates.

But, after researching places to spend the rest of my years, this place fills more of my needs and wants than anyplace I saw, and definitely the place I left.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:19 PM

Mike -- It sounds as though you aren't here yet. My advice would be not to second guess what will be in store for you when you get here. If you are married you will have the fun of seeking new things and people with your wife, so you won't be alone. If you are single, there are clubs you can join, even a singles club, and probably a club from the area where you are from. Just about every state has a club here! I can guarantee that no matter what your interests are they will be a club you can join where you will meet others who share your same interests.

Once you get semi-settled don't sit home and pine away. Go to the pool, talk to people when you go to get your mail, go to the squares at night . . . . . in short, get out and make yourself visible! Even reading and commenting on this site you can meet new friends and acquaintances. Chin up and smile. You've already made the decision to be here and now you can make the most of it and be happy!
Old 05-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage

Regret we didn't move here sooner, might have avoided price hike, we moved here in 2006.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:42 PM

I regret moving here because at home I had so many friends, some for 40-50 years, and down here not so much. Mostly though I miss my family, watching my grand kids play sports and watching my son perform in plays and Cabarets. Many of my classmates still get together 2-3 times a month and I miss that. We are thinking of renting a place up there and going back and forth. We are going up to see Ryan in a Cabaret in June and will look around then. Just my opinion.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I regret moving here because at home I had so many friends, some for 40-50 years, and down here not so much. Mostly though I miss my family, watching my grand kids play sports and watching my son perform in plays and Cabarets. Many of my classmates still get together 2-3 times a month and I miss that. We are thinking of renting a place up there and going back and forth. We are going up to see Ryan in a Cabaret in June and will look around then. Just my opinion.
This place isn't for everyone, and if you have regrets I wouldn't even consider staying here.....life is too short for regrets and not doing something about it. What is holding you here?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-15-2019, 03:32 PM

I regret reading posts of people that have regrets of things they have not done yet.

The Villages is a true Sanctuary.

I can't think of a better value in America for the benefits Graciegirl has described.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:41 PM

Yes! We stayed 2 years in the Villages and moved up to Sun City SC. Much more attractive, much less crowded, much less traffic and a lot more privacy! We bought new in the bubble in Oct of 2015. Back door neighbor was only 20 feet away, there were no trees and bugs were everywhere at night. Here where we are now there are much lower property taxes for full time residents, NO bond fees and plenty of activities that are not jammed packed! I can go for a walk and not have to deal with drunk drivers on golf carts, my mail gets delivered right to my house. Yes there is a state income tax, but after all the deductions it was less than zero! The ocean is only 30-45 mins away, and the dining is to die for here. We never regret moving away, it just wasn't for us! Now I know some of you diehard Villagers are about to jump all over me, but do yourself a favor and dive on up and take a look around! You too will question why you haven't moved yet.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

No regrets............can I mention quite the opposite???

Came to TV for the golf. Found so much more. Enough said.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:28 PM
Sage

There are some very good answers here. Like in any questionnaire response, I might suggest to throw out the top "plus" one and the bottom "negative" one.

I could add one thing to the equation--homesickness. Change is hard. In the first few months after we moved down, my primary thought was, "What have we done?" My friend from back home who moved to a different part of Florida had the same thought. You have to build a new life, no matter where you move. It takes time to make new friends and get used to new ways of living. Give it a year and see what happens. You certainly won't have to worry about resale in The Villages. If it doesn't work out for you, you've had a year of experiencing something new and most likely a profit to be gained on the sale of your house.
Good luck, Mike3461.

Tags
regret, home, moving, area, back