Furniture Needed

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Default Furniture Needed

Just moved to TV and need furniture for all rooms. Any advice on finding really nice new or used furniture at reasonable prices will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Furniture Needed

I find nice things at Bargains and Treasures down on 466, almost to 301 on the left. I've bought most of my furniture there. Just bought a twin sofa sleeper there last week.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Furniture Needed

Someone is selling some pieces in items for sale forum. I've found some good things via craigslist.net, ads in the Sun and the garage sales -- especially the garage sales. Good luck and welcome!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 PM

you can try Centsible Furnishings in the Bailee Plaza near Little Joey's on 441. I have a outdoor patio set for sale with tempered glass top table 42", and 4 swivel chairs for your lanai priced at $200. ifyou are interested. call me at 391-1218 or send email to junewatkins@att.net and I will sent you a photo. Good luck
Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Default Bedroom furniture looking for new home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpendley View Post
Just moved to TV and need furniture for all rooms. Any advice on finding really nice new or used furniture at reasonable prices will be greatly appreciated.
We have a bedroom set: king bed with headboard, two end tables and a long dresser with mirror. The furniture is a very light blond color. It is very nice but we don't need it. Turning the room into an office. Yours for $200.

Good luck searching. It can be fun!!

If interested, email:nniles@lander.edu
Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 AM
Veteran member

We got great deals at Kent in Belleview. We said upfront that we were going to buy about "X 1000" $ worth and would/could they give us a "deal". Sure did to the tune of about 25%

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 AM

The consignment stores (we've used Bargains and Treasures several times to sell) are good, particular in a retirement area like this. Many people bring ALL their furniture and realize they can't use it or don't like the style for their house. Always good turnover and some nice things.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Default Used Furniture

Don't forget Neerlee New Furnishings!
www.neerleenewfurnishings.com
Old 06-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Gold member
Default I don't have furniture suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpendley View Post
I just wanna welcome you to TOTV,TV and the best of the rest of your life.
Get out - explore, ask questions and just do!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

We visited Bargains & Treasures, Neerlee New and Furniture Barn Consignment last week. All three places had a lot of nice stuff. Also, Neerlee New carries a small amount of new ratan-style furniture. We ended up buying several items from Bargains and Treasures. I've never been one to buy used furniture in the past, but their inventory is really nice and I saved lots of $$$ over buying new.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Sometimes at Bargains and Treasures you might even run into brand new items. People will purchase a furnished home (that was a model perhaps) and either don't like the items, can't use all of it or whatever so send them to B&T. I've seen new livingroom items there before. Good luck in your quest...it's fun to shop the re-sale shops especially!!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Gold member

We have a really nice queen size futon for sale. Barely been used, light colored wood. It has the best mattress available when we got it. It has a handpainted mattress cover on it, one of a kind. Color is a linen shade with black, beige, white and grey. Can't send a picture because it there in TV and we still here. However, we will be there mid July and as soon as our moving truck arrives, it will be available. Good luck in your search. I hope you fine some wonderful pieces!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Default lanai set

I have a 48" tempered glass patio table and 4 swivel chairs, the table also has a hole in middle for an umbrella. selling for $200.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Default Furniture maybe Available.......

I've got to close up my house by Saturday. Listed as For Sale by Owner, turn-key. You're welcome to come over and see if there is anything you really want. No need to pay the mark-up of Bargains & Treasures if you don't need to plus you'd have to pay them sales-tax, too.

Teresa Forsyth
1733 Kingfisher Ct.
Pennecamp
352-750-0897
Give me a call and we'll talk.

I'll need to be flexible and see just what happens for the first few days of the week......holding my breath that I'll get a contract before I have to leave the area for a new job. So, so difficult to move, lift, drive a truck 900 miles, move and store furniture again.

UGG.

WV, VA, and lots of little sidetrips along the way to The Villages!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Default patio set

I have a 48" tempered glass table and 4 swivel chairs for sale at $200. If interested, call 352-391-1218.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.