Groom Transportation

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2023, 10:35 AM
Default Changed to Village Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by David114 View Post
I agree mistakes happen but not being able to contact them is unacceptable to me. Last Monday, our flight was delayed and we missed our 5:20 P.M. shuttle (not Groome’s fault). Promptly called Groome’s 24 hour number advertised as

For immediate assistance, please call (352) 539-9664 to speak with a representative.

One hour of listening to hold announcements encouraging us to update our reservation on the website which would not allow any changes to an “expired” reservation and nobody ever answered. Finally, we met the incoming Groome driver who said “after I complete my drop offs, I will be back at 7:15 and get you on”.

When he returned he was full and could not take us on, after all. Then we took a taxi to Brownwood at 7:30, $220 with tip. Could have done that at 5:30 if Groome just answered their customer service phone. Shuttle was good while it lasted but with the changeover to Groome, never again for us
Similar issue. Paid an Uber $185 arriving home at 2:30 a.m. Changed to Village Van after seeing several of their vans come and go after three full Groome vans left us.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,834 Times in 1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
When we go to the Tampa airport we take 75 to 52 and run that over to 589 which takes us into TPA and completely avoids downtown traffic. 589 is a toll road.
Same here +1
Old 09-19-2023, 12:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,993 Times in 767 Posts

We use BMI smart Parking 24/7 shuttle $6 daily about 1 mile from MCO online reservations no charge cancellation policy off the 528
Old 09-19-2023, 05:14 PM

My spouse took Groome the other week -- he got on the bus at Brownwood Hotel -- it was a Workman large bus - no problems. When he landed at Orlando Airport, two different Groome drivers said that they did not have his reservation. He showed the drivers his paperwork and they would not let him on the bus. The third bus driver - 3 hours later - immediately found his reservation -- the driver was very pleasant. Because I had another commitment, we arranged for the ride from Brownwood Hotel to house for additional $15 - driver was pleasant and there were no problems.

I called Groome the following day and asked to speak to a manager. I explained that two drivers refused to allow my spouse on the bus despite having a reservation and the third driver immediately found the reservation. Groome manager explained that the original Groome service provided service from airport to homes. The Express Depot Service has two pick-up and drop-off locations, Brownwood Hotel and Lake Sumter and the Groome drivers were not familiar with this service. The Groome manager explained that training was being conducted for all employees. The Groome manager provided a credit for a future ride that will expire in one year and he did apologize. Hopefully, Groome will be able to meet the needs of the customers.

If you have a complaint, call the manager -- When the manager hears from the customers, they can address the situation.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:27 PM
Sage

You would think that training would have occurred before this change. Surely this has been in the works for some time. From the comments here it appears that it may be dawning on Groome that they are responsible for a whole new system.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:36 PM
Default Might be a one time occurrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbloom View Post
New service to the airport disgraceful bus showing up 30 min late won’t answer phones No communication. ! If you need to get to the airport don’t trust them it’s been a great service for years now this !
We took Groome a day or two later. The driver told us that all their computers went down for a day. Everyone was inconvenienced, to say the least.

Everything was great when we used them.

Since they just merged, we’ll have to wait and see. We’ll use them again, unless TOTV tells us otherwise!
Old 09-19-2023, 06:36 PM

Villages Transport to/from Orlando Airport …. If you’re in the Fenney area, I suggest you question the driver of his first stop from the airport … what is our advantage, turned into a cluster …
Old 09-20-2023, 04:42 AM
Default Calm Down.....

Groome just bought out Workman's so there will be growing pains with this change. They will get it together soon.
Old 09-20-2023, 04:52 AM

Village Airport Van doesn’t leave people stranded, either trying to get to the airport or getting home.

Groome is unreliable for early morning departures and if your flight is delayed causing you to miss your scheduled shuttle. I did not have an easy time getting a credit, but even worse, I did not like being stranded at MCO after I had been traveling for 24 hours.
Old 09-20-2023, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,285 Times in 5,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlee500 View Post
Groome just bought out Workman's so there will be growing pains with this change. They will get it together soon.
Think your right.
Old 09-20-2023, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfriendly View Post
We like Groome very much. We are scheduled to be picked up this morning 11am. Expecting the same great service.
Yesterday, we landed in Orlando on time, reached new Groome pick up location on time. Groome minivan left two minutes late because driver waited for one passenger who didn’t show up. Easy ride to her house, met a friend along the way. Thanks again Groome for good service and glad to be back.
Old 09-20-2023, 06:20 AM
Veteran member

Mikemalloy post on toll rd to TPA, good to know.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,285 Times in 5,452 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
You would think that training would have occurred before this change. Surely this has been in the works for some time. From the comments here it appears that it may be dawning on Groome that they are responsible for a whole new system.
Would have thought they would hit ground running but hopefully will figure this out soon.
Old 09-20-2023, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
TPA has less demands and flights. Traffic to TPA is a horror show during the day, it’s at least 30 minutes more than going to MCO. Too many bottlenecks.
We now always use TPA or PIE. Easy relaxing drive, 75 to 80 min to TPA, 90 to PIE. No Orlando traffic or airport hassles.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:20 AM

We took Groome minivan from our home to Orlando airport yesterday. The trip was smooth and the driver was friendly. We got to our plane in plenty of time. The Orlando airport was very quiet for a Tuesday. While on our trip I am not concerned about our car being parked in an overcrowded lot, it is parked in our garage. Looking forward to having Groome pick us up from the airport and drive us home. The Groome minivan service is our ride of choice. We don't mind paying a little extra. I love having someone drive me home after a long day of airline travel. Groome has never let us down, sorry to hear that their cheaper travel option is giving other traveler's a problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, airport, groom, it’s, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.