Love it when a plan comes together!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-03-2011, 03:06 PM
ssmith ssmith is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default wait a minute did I hear something....

Oh boy, I sure don't want to be a trouble maker but I would feel bad if I knew something and did not share it ...so people could check it out but....did I read once that there is a smell around Sanibel ...from a dump?!?!?....sure hope not. Please Residents can you help with this one....so either that rumor is dismissed or confirmed. I would want someone to check it out for me if this is the case.

Every time we are there I think of the poor people who bought on the golf course near the sewage treatment plant near Bonita....so could someone please confirm or deny this rumor for the person who started this thread- GaDawg! That way he could move his home site if needed
  #17  
Old 05-03-2011, 03:08 PM
sands's Avatar
sands sands is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Village of Buttonwood
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Congrats, GaDawg! Welcome to the neighborhood (the overall neighborhood of The Villages, that is.) How great when all the details fall into place!
  #18  
Old 05-03-2011, 07:13 PM
katezbox's Avatar
katezbox katezbox is offline
Golden Sunrise Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Village of Bonita
Posts: 1,524
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Oh boy, I sure don't want to be a trouble maker but I would feel bad if I knew something and did not share it ...so people could check it out but....did I read once that there is a smell around Sanibel ...from a dump?!?!?....sure hope not. Please Residents can you help with this one....so either that rumor is dismissed or confirmed. I would want someone to check it out for me if this is the case.

Every time we are there I think of the poor people who bought on the golf course near the sewage treatment plant near Bonita....so could someone please confirm or deny this rumor for the person who started this thread- GaDawg! That way he could move his home site if needed
Don't think there is a dump in Sanibel. There is a treatment plant in Largo...
__________________
Holyoke, Mass; East Granby, Monroe, Madison and Branford, Conn; Port Clyde, Maine; North Myrtle Beach, SC; The Village of Bonita (April 2009 - )
  #19  
Old 05-03-2011, 08:50 PM
GaDawg GaDawg is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I do not know of a dump site or any type of solid waste facility anywhere near The Village of Sanibel. Having been down several times in the past two years all I can smell is the sweet smell of Florida! Combine that with all of the wonderful people we have met while visiting there makes it just as everyone says.... It's a beautiful day in The Villages.
  #20  
Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 PM
tghoul tghoul is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 237
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Isn't there a landfill east of Morse & south of 466A? The road is south of 466A opposite the Shell station
  #21  
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 PM
GaDawg GaDawg is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Well, I did a little sniffing around

and found that there is indeed a landfill site just east of Morse and just south of 466A. Seems it is operated by Hewitt Contracting Company and is for construction and demolition materials ONLY, there is NO garbage or class lll materials allowed at the site. Hope that one clears the air about the landfill. http://www.hewittcontracting.com/landfills.html
  #22  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
....I did a little sniffing around....Hope that one clears the air.......
Subtle humor - always a hoot!!! Good one!

Bill
  #23  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 AM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,694
Thanks: 1
Thanked 102 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GaDawg
....I did a little sniffing around....Hope that one clears the air.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Subtle humor - always a hoot!!! Good one!

Bill
Good pick-up Bill.
  #24  
Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 AM
billmar's Avatar
billmar billmar is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Sanibel too

My first post...hope I'm doing this right. We visited TV for the first time in January, loved it. Luckily, we sold our house in April and close in a couple days. We really feel blessed because there are so many houses on the market right now. Anyhow, we decided today to reserve a lot in Sanibel and start construction in July. We are so looking forward to joining the TV family. GADawg, glad you did some sniffing around about the "dump" rumor.
  #25  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
GaDawg GaDawg is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks billmar, looks as though you may be in the leading group to begin building in Sanibel this year. The offer on our house did not work out and we now wait. Glad you were able to take yours to closing and are on the way. Congratulations, you made a great decision in moving to TV. We hope to meet all of our new neighbors in Sanibel very soon!
  #26  
Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
.....The offer on our house did not work out and we now wait. Glad you were able to take yours to closing and are on the way. .....
Bummer. Sorry to hear the deal tanked. But there's probably one right around the corner that WILL work out!

Hang in there -

Bill
  #27  
Old 05-17-2011, 04:14 PM
GaDawg GaDawg is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Bill we will be hanging in there. Have had 4 showings in the past week or so and are confident that the house will ultimately sell, just how long it takes is the question. That seems to be the way it is working out for so many folks these days. I read a lot of your posts and they are always filled with good advice. Hope we can meet one day in TV. Can't stay away too long, My GAPeach and I are planning a trip down to TV in early June the check out the lot! Hey, the plan is still on and coming together nicely! In due time all good things happen. Take care. Ernie (GADawg) and Joan (his GAPeach)
  #28  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
pzjay pzjay is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Go Sanibel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmar View Post
My first post...hope I'm doing this right. We visited TV for the first time in January, loved it. Luckily, we sold our house in April and close in a couple days. We really feel blessed because there are so many houses on the market right now. Anyhow, we decided today to reserve a lot in Sanibel and start construction in July. We are so looking forward to joining the TV family. GADawg, glad you did some sniffing around about the "dump" rumor.
Hi billmar, we also bought in Sanibel - Lot 58 on Alee lane..Where are you?
Sorry about gaDawg, but we may run into the same trying to sell our home. New on the market so we're still wide eyed and bushy talied!
  #29  
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 PM
katezbox's Avatar
katezbox katezbox is offline
Golden Sunrise Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Village of Bonita
Posts: 1,524
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
and found that there is indeed a landfill site just east of Morse and just south of 466A. Seems it is operated by Hewitt Contracting Company and is for construction and demolition materials ONLY, there is NO garbage or class lll materials allowed at the site. Hope that one clears the air about the landfill. http://www.hewittcontracting.com/landfills.html
Good to know...thx
__________________
Holyoke, Mass; East Granby, Monroe, Madison and Branford, Conn; Port Clyde, Maine; North Myrtle Beach, SC; The Village of Bonita (April 2009 - )
  #30  
Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 PM
billmar's Avatar
billmar billmar is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

PZjay: I may have spoken too soon. We definitely plan to become Villagers, but not sure if the lot in Sanibel is going to work out. Looks like you have picked a nice lot, though.

GaDawg: Sorry to hear about your house, but, if you are getting showings that sounds positive. We had very few showings between February and March. In early April, we reevaluated the competition along with our asking price, and got a contract within a week. So, for us I think pricing was the key. We still have two days before it's a done deal, though. I hope it all works out for you soon.
__________________
Village of Tamarind Grove
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.