New buyer

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM

2 weeks from right now we will be eating delivery pizza!
Don & Kaz
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 PM

11 more days!
Don & Kaz
Old 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
2 weeks from right now we will be eating delivery pizza!
Don & Kaz
PLEASE do yourselves a favor and do NOT eat delivery pizza from anywhere around the villages! it really might make you wonder if you have made the right move!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Hi all,
We bought our house on June 18th and will close on July 27th. After all of the mover headaches, we should be moved in on the 30th. We are moving from Montgomery AL to the Village of St. James. We have visited The Villages 6 times over the last couple of years and we also have several friends that are residents. So, we feel we have a fairly good grasp on what we are doing. We found the floor plan we love about 2 yrs ago and have been waiting for my official, forever, retirement. We sold our home here at just about the same time, so we were able to press on with the next stage of our lives.
That is probably more info than you want to see in a 1st hello, but ............
We will be going through what all of you have already done, but we do look forward to getting settled in.
Don & Kaz
Best of luck!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
PLEASE do yourselves a favor and do NOT eat delivery pizza from anywhere around the villages! it really might make you wonder if you have made the right move!
We will be knee deep in boxes, and my DW (Darling Wife) will have us both so busy that a decent meal will be out of the question. She loves Papa John pizza, so that will probably be our 1st "meal" after the moving in starts. We have our phones, but I wonder if there will be a phone book in the house. I doubt it, new construction! And if I look up the phone numbers now I'll have just enough time and confusion to lose them in a box!
Don & Kaz

edit: 10 days until we are IN the house!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
We will be knee deep in boxes, and my DW (Darling Wife) will have us both so busy that a decent meal will be out of the question. She loves Papa John pizza, so that will probably be our 1st "meal" after the moving in starts. We have our phones, but I wonder if there will be a phone book in the house. I doubt it, new construction! And if I look up the phone numbers now I'll have just enough time and confusion to lose them in a box!
Don & Kaz

edit: 10 days until we are IN the house!
580 U.S. 27 Lady Lake, FL 32159
(352) 350-2015

Hi Don!
The closest Pappa Johns is in Lady lake on the corner of 441 and Rolling Acres road. We get pizza from there all the time and it is excellent!
Just a few more days and you'll be here!
Judy
Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 AM

Morning Judy - so we can call you for the phone number? I have you on speed dial, I'll have an easy time of losing PJ's number in the move!
Don & Kaz
Old 07-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,540 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome. You can come to our house for pot luck! (The old meaning...but it could be worse than ordering)

I know you are so excited and we all know just how you are feeling. Need anything, holler!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome. You can come to our house for pot luck! (The old meaning...but it could be worse than ordering)

I know you are so excited and we all know just how you are feeling. Need anything, holler!
Thanks for the offer. We are not too sure when we will arrive and with 2 pups in tow, and having driven for 8+ hrs, we would NEVER think of meeting someone for the 1st time like that!
DW says that we will probably get there late enough, on a Sunday, that everything will be closed. Might have to stop at a drive through someplace before we enter those gates!
10 days.
Don & Kaz
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Morning Judy - so we can call you for the phone number? I have you on speed dial, I'll have an easy time of losing PJ's number in the move!
Don & Kaz
Yes, you can call for the number even though that particular day I'll be in Michigan. Coming back the next day. Now, I hate to say it, but if you had an I-phone you could store all kinds of numbers in your phone! ha ha I know what the chances of that are!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Yes, you can call for the number even though that particular day I'll be in Michigan. Coming back the next day. Now, I hate to say it, but if you had an I-phone you could store all kinds of numbers in your phone! ha ha I know what the chances of that are!
OK, I'll put PJ's in my phone contact list. I forgot that you were going up North! Have a safe trip!
Don & Kaz
Old 07-21-2012, 08:44 AM

9 more days until we are there!
Don & Kaz
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJohn View Post
to the TOTV forum. About time to start an Alabama club in TV!
You bet CaptJohn. . . we're about a month behind Don and Kazie. Moving from Montgomery too. Got to go where my golf buddies are going!!

Folks, y'all will love Kazie. Don... well he takes a little getting use to. . . (just kidding). They will make a welcome addition to the Villages family. I guarantee!

Will miss our weekly golf games here in Montgomery, but can't wait to resume that in TV!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck "my buddies"!!

John and Linda
Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 AM

5 days to closing, 7 days until we arrive.

jgbama - you just need to get you and Linda down there so we can resume our golf outings!

Don & Kaz
Old 07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Veteran member

What village did you buy in? We close on 7/31 in Village of Charlotte. We are originally from AL many years ago.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.