OSU Buckeye & Cincy Fan new to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Default OSU Buckeye & Cincy Fan new to The Villages

Just closed on a villa in Sabal Chase. We're coming from PA but I have Ohio roots. I'm looking forward to finding some kindred spirits instead of having to exist amongst all the Ravens, Steelers, Eagles & Nittany Lion diehards. I hope there are some of you out there.

Stu
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 AM

Cincinnati fan always

Last edited by kyblue; 06-09-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyblue View Post
Cincinnati fan always - lived there until came here - but - not a Buckeye fan. Guess I can only attend 1/2 the meetings (hehehhee). KY/UC Fan - Buckeye club has a ton of members
New too, or will be on the 19th. But not a Cincy fan. Sorry, but maybe we can watch when the University of Louisville Cardinals play that other school up the river as long as no one gets too serious when they lose. Well one team does have to lose, right!

And maybe we can poke fun at kyblue when they lose to either Louisville or Cincinatti? KY does lose sometimes too don't they?

Looking forward to some great basketball this year!!!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 05:56 AM

I'm a Buckeye fan from Akron area. I was born and raised inKent. There is a good size Buckeye Club here at TV. You will want to join us for the game day meetings an for the CollegeTeam celebration in Sept. I went to Jacksonville and watched the Fiesta Bowl game in January. Fun except for the score. Search TV clubs for info. And welcome to Woody Hayes Stadium South.

http://virginiatrace.com/links/ClubsListing.pdf. See pg. 41.

Also, put Ohio State Buckeyes in the search field above.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Born in Columbus, lived 40 years in Cincinnati...Three of us at this address. Welcome to your new home.

Always welcome at our place. Tell us ahead and I will make Cincinnati chili..unless you like Columbus Johnny Marzetti.

You will LOVE it here.

Pennsylvania is nice too.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

My husband and I are originally from Cincinnati also! We have not lived there since we married, but were there last weekend for a wedding. So many changes and a wonderful city to visit! Got to NCH Bakery, Frisch's Big Boy, saw Sawyer point, and of course I always have Goetta in the fridge! Welcome!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Veteran member

Hey Gracie! How ya doin"?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Welcome! I am from Toledo and am a Michigan fan. But it's ok that you're an OSU fan....I'll just speak s-l-o-w-e-r. Only kidding.....lots of Buckeye fans around so you shouldn't have any trouble finding kindred spirits. Go Blue!!!
Barry
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts
Default Obviously a Michigan Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
Welcome! I am from Toledo and am a Michigan fan. But it's ok that you're an OSU fan....I'll just speak s-l-o-w-e-r. Only kidding.....lots of Buckeye fans around so you shouldn't have any trouble finding kindred spirits. Go Blue!!!
Barry
If you were (subjunctive tense, condition contrary to fact) a Buckeye fan then you would have known to speak more s-l-o-w-l-y. At OSU they use adverbs (slowly) to modify verbs (speak) not an adjective (slow). Or maybe I'm being too pedantic...

Go ahead, speak slower. I don't know what got into me. Go Mud Hens!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Gold member
Default Welcome

Welcome to another Buckeye and Reds fan (well, okay, Ohioboy is an Indians fanatic), from another Sabal Chase villa resident. You will recognize us from all the Buckeye regalia on our golf carts and at least half of Ohioboy's wardrobe. Even our house sign in front of our villa screams Ohio State. See you at The Pub sometime for a game, if not before. And Go Bucks!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Default Thanks for the replies

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.

I'd like to know the best place in TV to go to catch out-of-town games, non-network broadcasts, etc. - especially Direct TV satellite spots for NFL games and such. Thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

O-H.....
Old 06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Gold member
Default DirecTV

You can choose DirecTV for yourself, but even though we got the Sports package, FoxSports OH blocks out the Reds games after the first teaser week of the season. You have to buy the MLB package (expensive) to get these, although you will be able to see them when they are the game of the week sometimes or when they play a Florida team on Sunsports.

You will get everything on the Big Ten network. I think Comcast also has the Big Ten Network, not sure about Prism (Centurylink).

The Pub Grille (attached to the bowling alley - Fiesta Bowl? - near Staples on Rt 441) is the home for the TriCounty OSU Alumni Club, and the Browns Backers. Don't know if there is a Bengals Backers club here.

Beef O'Brady's (probably all locations) has DirecTV, but sometimes you have to tell them the channel numbers as some are clueless, so look it up online before you go (I think it is 661). Not sure if McCall's Tavern in Spanish Springs has DirecTV, but probably. Sometimes we will go for a late dinner (for us) to Beef O'Brady's if we want to see a game - the one in Colony Plaza is closest to us by golf cart.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I heard that McCall's at SS is a Buffalo Bills hangout. The Beef O'Brady in Wildwood is a Steelers hangout. The Beef O'Brady at Mulberry is a Ravens hangout, in fact they even sell crab cakes during the games. Also Hacienda Hills CC is a Ravens hangout, I haven't been but I hear they get about 75 Ravens fans there. I've got Directv and with NFL Sunday Ticket I didn't miss a game, this year they are dropping the price to $199.

You'll find a lot Eagles and Steelers fans, Browns I've seen one and Bengals you'll be the first I've seen, so welcome. OSU you'll find plenty of them, I'm a FSU fan and they even have us outnumbered.

Last edited by John_W; 06-11-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Default -I-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by labsx2 View Post
o-h.....
-i-o !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.