Sass

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Platinum member
Default Sass

I'm bringing my very reluctant cowboy husband to TV in June for a visit. He has always had horses but we are now down to one although he takes care of the other 8 that live in the same stable. He's recently become active in Cowboy Action Shooting through SASS. Does anyone know of a club near TV or if there are any kind of gun clubs at TV? Thanks for your help. That could surely get me to TV!!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There are a couple of shooting clubs in TV. There's also at least one horse club in TV and, of course, several horse farms around here. If he likes dressing up, he might want to check the Carriage House for Civil War reenactments -- horses, shooting, the whole shebang. Also, SASS has a list of Florida clubs, several of which are near TV: http://www.sassnet.com/AClubs-FL-001A.php

Sounds like you might be in.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
I'm bringing my very reluctant cowboy husband to TV in June for a visit. He has always had horses but we are now down to one although he takes care of the other 8 that live in the same stable. He's recently become active in Cowboy Action Shooting through SASS. Does anyone know of a club near TV or if there are any kind of gun clubs at TV? Thanks for your help. That could surely get me to TV!!
There are 4 SASS clubs within a short drive. I am a SASS member and will be moving to TV permanetly in July. The closest is in Tavares, there is one in Howey-in-the-Hills, Fort White and Brooksville and The Florida SASS state Championship is in Orlando in January. I know of a few SASS shooters who live in TV, the more the merrier.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Wendy, I know a couple of real cowboys also that I could hook your husband up with. They work and ride at the Carriage Museum and have many horses to tend to. Let me know when you get here and I'll set up a meeting with them.... Good luck, he'll love the areas outside of TV, we have beautiful, natural central Florida land and scenery. I love it.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Platinum member
Default We are here at TV

Have found and visited a SASS group. Now, can anyone help me with a horse club in TV? Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Platinum member

Is that anything like a golf club?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Have found and visited a SASS group. Now, can anyone help me with a horse club in TV? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Is that anything like a golf club?
Nah. I think it's a polo stick.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 AM

What is SASS?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:16 AM

www.hnaclub@wetpaint.com this is The Villages Horse n Around Club and it has links to the Carriage Museum and a lot of other neat horsey stuff.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitzel View Post
What is SASS?
Single Action Shooting Society
http://www.sassnet.com/
Old 05-19-2013, 09:23 PM

I, too, am a SASS shooter considering TV. We just returned from a "Lifestyle" week. Even though your post is 5 years old, thanks for the info on the nearby clubs, pard.

Last edited by Lazlott; 05-19-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Added a second thought.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Lazlott;678730]I, too, am a SASS shooter considering TV. We just returned from a "Lifestyle" week. Even though your post is 5 years old, thanks for the info on the nearby clubs, pard.[/

Yes, the original post was three years ago. Since I posted we rented in TV a month in June2010 and December 2010, went back to NC, put house on the market, sold it and ave been frogs for two years. Time flies when you are saving fun!

My husband shoots SASS at Eustis Gun Club near Tavares once a month. As a matter of fact May's shoot was just yesterday. We are members of a gun club in TV where many different levels of gun classes, taught by NRA certified instructors, are taught throughout the year. One instructor shoots IDPA and apparently there are many opportunities for that in and around the area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.