Should the Squares stay closed?

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Yesterday five people died from COVID.
The stats that are reported do not, unfortunately, specify how many victims live in TV proper. That other news site reported yesterday that two more people had died but that is in the TRI-COUNTY area (combined population almost 900,000). The site also states 347 deaths TOTAL so far in the three counties, many of which are in assisted living facilities and prisons.

I have only heard of four people dying in TV, all of whom were in their 80's. Would love to know if anyone has more accurate stats for TV.

kathy
Old 09-01-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I wonder how those line dancers are coping at LSL they line dance to everything including the National Anthem ??
Maybe I'll get them going.....
O say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so Proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and...................................
Old 09-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Default Should the Squares Stay Closed?

I agree with Soonerforever. Open them back up! People who don't want to go can stay home! The virus doesn't live outside. Agree, we are not a Communist country - yet. We need to have the amenities we are paying for and the merchants are paying for.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Just looked this up. As of close 8-31-20, Florida reports 623,471 total cases with 11,103 deaths. Let’s do the math, that is under 2%. And it said that a large percentage of the deaths are people over 80 and those who had many health issues. Remember I said a large portion there are always exceptions. The regular flu kills 1% every year. We will always be exposed to viruses, germs and bacteria. We have since birth and will until we die. For the majority of us, let’s stop this hysteria already. Wash your hands, wear a mask if you wish and let’s go on with life. Life is full of dangers. My self I’ll take my chances in getting the virus knowing that if I did I have a 98.5 percent chance I will recover. See you all at the squares as soon as they open
Old 09-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
Just looked this up. As of close 8-31-20, Florida reports 623,471 total cases with 11,103 deaths. Let’s do the math, that is under 2%. And it said that a large percentage of the deaths are people over 80 and those who had many health issues. Remember I said a large portion there are always exceptions. The regular flu kills 1% every year. We will always be exposed to viruses, germs and bacteria. We have since birth and will until we die. For the majority of us, let’s stop this hysteria already. Wash your hands, wear a mask if you wish and let’s go on with life. Life is full of dangers. My self I’ll take my chances in getting the virus knowing that if I did I have a 98.5 percent chance I will recover. See you all at the squares as soon as they open
You need to come up with a more original screen name. Just sayin'
Old 09-01-2020, 12:32 PM

It comes down to liability and that’s what the Morse family is all about. They don’t want to open the squares someone gets sick tests positive and then gets sued. There are a lot of people here that are from very litigious states that would sue on a fine. They’re not going to do it until they know what’s going on. For a lot of people wearing a mask downtown with Perry mask police folks watching them they just won’t go. They don’t care if you have a medical condition. Liability drives everything here so everything is in limbo.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,940 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
If the entertainment starts back up, I’ll be there, if all the clubs open back up, I’ll be there, if the recreation centers open fully, I’ll be there. I’ve had enough of worrying about the virus. Life is a risk all the time. We are exposed to germs and viruses every day. If anyone thinks I’m gonna walk around with a mask forever or never shake hands again or never attend an event because a lot of people will be there they are wrong. The death rate of this virus has come way way down and hovers jus about 2%. The regular flu deaths rate is 1%. Hope to see all of you at the squares soon.
People recover from the flu and get on with their lives. People recover from Covid-19 and experience lifelong lingering medical problems.

I think your statement about percentages is an oversimplification and ignores certain facts.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

The Squares aren't "closed", the streets are blocked off....we still have access to The Squares...okay there's no nightly dancing, however the restaurants are accessible, many of the stores are open for business, we can walk along the boardwalk in LSL and the sidewalks in Brownwood and Spanish Springs if we like....there's a farmer's market Saturday mornings in Brownwood

I'm looking at life as 'glass half full'...very little crime, nice neighbors, beautiful landscaping that is well maintained....

there's a lot of be thankful for about living in TV
Old 09-01-2020, 01:48 PM

Indeed. With the 1-800-LAWYER business so strong in FL, there would be no shortage of barristers line up to run commercials - "Did you get COVID at a Town Square? Drink too much and crash your golf cart? Did you trip over your own 2 feet? Call Dan, of Rod, or whomever...."
I just saw that owners of McDonalds franchises who were black are suing McDonalds for not having the same franchise opportunities...part of the argument was they operated in communities where insurance and security costs were higher.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

I would say that would depend on if you believe in mask or if you don’t & do you believe in social distancing or you don’t. It’s a call of chance, like Russian Roulette. I guess it’s totally up to the person that makes the call on these things! Just me but the only way I would come is to where mask! I don’t want to breath someone else’s breath, just in case!
Old 09-01-2020, 02:03 PM

very disappointing lack of music in the squares....in other states the outside dancing is already taking place...it was one of the draws for me to this community...another there was recreation in the recreation centers, but that is over too. Here's hoping it comes back sometime in the next 5-10 years
Old 09-01-2020, 02:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,862 Times in 3,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

there's a lot of be thankful for about living in TV

I agree, but unfortunately..............being thankful is not fashionable for many.

Old 09-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,274 Times in 5,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficoguy View Post
Indeed. With the 1-800-LAWYER business so strong in FL, there would be no shortage of barristers line up to run commercials - "Did you get COVID at a Town Square? Drink too much and crash your golf cart? Did you trip over your own 2 feet? Call Dan, of Rod, or whomever...."
I just saw that owners of McDonalds franchises who were black are suing McDonalds for not having the same franchise opportunities...part of the argument was they operated in communities where insurance and security costs were higher.
Were the franchisees not familiar with where their units were going to go? They could have said not interested in this spot but will go elsewhere.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:28 PM

I reside in a 4000 home community in PA. NO ONE has covid. The management permitted a group of us to have a get together. We stayed 6 foot apart. Drank and listened to music and yes danced !! My wife and I hung with our friends who are covid free. Some people wore masks and stayed 20 ft apart. Each to his own. We have had about 5 of these get togethers. Over a hundred people attended each get together. Still no covid. Should the squares open ? If done right and individuals embrace self responsiblility, yes.
Old 09-01-2020, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulledbetter View Post
As we learned this week from the CDC own numbers, that only 6% of the deaths from Covid involved people that did not have other problems, we've been at the worst totally lied to at the least misinformed about this whole thing...
Because 94% of the population has "other problems"...
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, open, stay, closed, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.