TV Lifestyle Package Next Week - YAY

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM

Visit a couple of country clubs and have lunch or dinner there. You should also check at least one of each of the different sized recreation centers. You have to spend an evening at each of the town squares and, definitely go on a market night or some other special event. Even though you'll be staying in a really nice home during your visit, resist the temptation to do your own cooking. Get out to eat at as many restaurants as possible to see what's available.

Go to at least one movie. The theater at Paddock Square is really a nice place but all the theaters are great.

Your golf cart is going to be really, really slow, but that's a great way to see things without rushing. Drive your cart everywhere that you can. I enjoyed getting lost and asking people for directions. It's a great way to see things and a great way to meet people.

I've been to The Villages twice and didn't bring my checkbook on either occasion, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. If you see exactly what you want, you shouldn't wait to purchase it because building lots and pre-owned homes move fast.

Absolutely, take the trolley tour. Your sales representative will be a wealth of information but you've got to ask a lot of questions. Don't expect them to "hard-sell" you on TV; the place sells itself.

Above all, enjoy your visit.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:37 PM

Totally agree with all of the previous suggestions! The Villages is an experience that you are NOT prepared for because there is nothing else like it. When we moved here, I told my husband that I wanted my own golf cart...because...I LOVE driving to church, Wal-Mart, Publix, shopping, doctors, dentist, restaurants, etc., etc. in a golf cart...it's just fun! Get on down here and let us show you what living a wonderful life is all about. All the best!

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdjmd View Post
Totally agree with all of the previous suggestions! The Villages is an experience that you are NOT prepared for because there is nothing else like it. When we moved here, I told my husband that I wanted my own golf cart...because...I LOVE driving to church, Wal-Mart, Publix, shopping, doctors, dentist, restaurants, etc., etc. in a golf cart...it's just fun! Get on down here and let us show you what living a wonderful life is all about. All the best!
This was GREAT ADVICE by all !! We are closing a wk from today , driving down Sat/Sunday.. Can't wait to check all these 'great' places out and start to meet new friends - we are very outgoing so we want to jump right into the ocean! LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Thank you all for your helpful advice. We are so excited. Car's almost packed, dog is ready and we leave tomorrow for a quick overnight at our home in North Carolina then on to TV on Friday. Cannot wait to experience life in The Villages. Oh and one very important question. Is there a good nail and hair salon in case I need a quick fix? LOL. Thanks again and Kool-Aid sounds good right about now. It's 34 degrees in NY. BRR!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Scoops, thanks for the links and map. I printed everything to take along. I will PM you when we get to TV. Thanks again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.