12 killed in Paris by extreme Islamists.

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,917 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default The Muslim Extremists who shot the people at Charlie Hebdob are dead

AND the one who shot the police office yesterday is dead too. According to CNN they may have known each other. The one who killed the woman police officer had taken hostages at a Kosher Grocery Store. He was killed just shortly after the other two were killed.

Good work Gend'armes. Is that spelled right CFrance? I spelled the Charlie Magazine wrong...

So glad they got those miserable thugs....now for the rest who scare me....... there and here...
Old 01-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

So glad they got those miserable thugs....now for the rest who scare me....... there and here...
Don't be scared of all Muslims. There are only a few extremists among them who want to harm others. You can say the same about the other religions like Christians and Jews.

There are plenty of Muslims that work in The Villages as our physicians and there is an Islam center on Hwy 27 about 30 minutes from The Villages.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Remember Yellow Peril? Asians were a mortal danger to all of us.

The beat goes on.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1420832030214.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	46920  
Old 01-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,917 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Don't be scared of all Muslims. There are only a few extremists among them who want to harm others. You can say the same about the other religions like Christians and Jews.

There are plenty of Muslims that work in The Villages as our physicians and there is an Islam center on Hwy 27 about 30 minutes from The Villages.

Please keep in mind........ that I moved here from Cincinnati, West Chester, and I lived close to a mosque for twenty years. I got a lot of shall I say, peripheral and anecdotal information as a result. I went to the same groceries and plant nurseries and car repair places and garage sales etc. etc. etc..

AND I am afraid.

Chi-town, I prefer to deal with issues of today. Yellow Peril, I had NEVER heard of. Also was not present during the crusades.

I do not like women being sexually modified or forced to be covered when their husbands aren't.....and I like couples going to church together...or at least able to. AND I don't thing dogs kissing you is an ethical matter. I also don't accept all of the tenants of the Catholic church as they are presented today...TODAY mind you. I am talking about TODAY.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-09-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm sorry these thugs had to be killed. It just gives them martyrdom and another "hero" to admire. I had so hoped they could have all been captured alive and tried for the murderers they were. Death is what they wanted.

Personally, I was hoping for a bullet to the spine so they could spend the rest of their years in a chair or bed and may those years have been long and arduous.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Now I understand your distate for anything that is not left winged.....after debunking anything right wing you use Media Matters...

"Media Matters for America (MMfA) is a politically progressive[1] media watchdog group that is "dedicated to comprehe
nsively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media"

Media Matters for America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And they dont sugar coat their allegiance and purpose.

I prefer what I had linked earlier...not Fox and hope you can stand to even think about Radio Free Europe

Muslim Press Reacts To Charlie Hebdo Attack

I am shocked at a link to Media Matters from anyone professing that Fox or anything was not fair....this is about as left wing as you can get....but thats ok.....just stunned at the hypocrisy !

In actuality, your post is definitely of the political nature and does not fit what has been a pretty non p........ discussion of this tragedy
Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Quote:

We are talking about religion based attacks. Spin doctoring can fashion it as 'political' or only vaguely and aberrant religion, but still it is, when the smoke and mirrors of the love everybody segment clears, a retaliatory and violent religion with 7th century values and behaviors.

Please realize that Media Matters, a link above, is a "progressive political" group - as in left wing - not some sort of herald of truth.) The effort to cite it is intellectually honest and worthy… the group and its founder, David Brock, are not.

Is there not an action akin to public excommunication at least among the moderate Muslims. Cannot these moderates publicly cough up these hate filled co-religionists by even demonstrating against the known hate teaching mosques and schools? And yes, that dirty little word, informing and not decrying those who do? These would go a long way in making a justifiably sceptical world less doubtful of all Muslim intent to live as peaceful people in countries that have their existing cultures and laws in place.

On another point from above, please let's not trivialize our reaction to this horror with the familiar 'red herring' device of "Let's not forget about (the 'Yellow Peril' in the post above.) It is wrong to try to lessen the importance of this event by saying "The beat goes on." It is neither valid, nor relevant and just does not fit because it's not helpful. It's as intellectually dishonest and lazy as Rosie O'Donnell yelling "What about the Crusades?" once on a discussion on "The View." A device, false, ill fitting, and completely not consistent with honest discourse.

Muslim actions will speak far louder than platitudes from Muslim journalists.

Do something about cleaning up your own backyards - here and abroad.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
We are talking about religion based attacks. Spin doctoring can fashion it as 'political' or only vaguely and aberrant religion, but still it is, when the smoke and mirrors of the love everybody segment clears, a retaliatory and violent religion with 7th century values and behaviors.

Please realize that Media Matters, a link above, is a "progressive political" group - as in left wing - not some sort of herald of truth.) The effort to cite it is intellectually honest and worthy… the group and its founder, David Brock, are not.

Is there not an action akin to public excommunication aty least among the moderate Muslims. Cannot these moderates publicly cough up these hate filled co-religionists by even demonstrating against the known hate teaching mosques and schools? And yes, that dirty little word, informing and not decrying those who do? These would go a long way in making a justifiably sceptical world less doubtful of all Muslim intent to live as peaceful people in countries that have their existing cultures and laws in place.

On another point from above, please let's not trivialize our reaction to this horror with the familiar 'red herring' device of "Let's not forget about (the 'Yellow Peril' in the post above.) It is wrong to try to lessen the importance of this event by saying "The beat goes on." It is neither valid, nor relevant and just does not fit because it's not helpful. It's as intellectually dishonest and lazy as Rosie O'Donnell yelling "What about the Crusades?" once on a discussion on "The View." A device, false, ill fitting, and completely not consistent with honest discourse.

These posts, to me, are part of the "make them feel guilty" group of thinking. They want to make you feel guilty for how you feel. They KNOW very well that you are not alluding to what they refer to.....BUT, whatever it is, it fits to use this old way of turning it on you. It is the trademark of any discussion on race or ethnicity...YOU are the bad guy because of how you think and therefore, whether spoken or unspoken, you are a (fill in the blank) These posts offer nothing but trying to add the guilt.

PS....notice how quickly some turn this to right versus left as soon as possible. Next step is your correcting their posts become an attack and reported as such. Familiar game plan
Old 01-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
These posts, to me, are part of the "make them feel guilty" group of thinking. They want to make you feel guilty for how you feel. They KNOW very well that you are not alluding to what they refer to.....BUT, whatever it is, it fits to use this old way of turning it on you. It is the trademark of any discussion on race or ethnicity...YOU are the bad guy because of how you think and therefore, whether spoken or unspoken, you are a (fill in the blank) These posts offer nothing but trying to add the guilt.

PS....notice how quickly some turn this to right versus left as soon as possible. Next step is your correcting their posts become an attack and reported as such. Familiar game plan
All too familiar!!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Nobody is saying they are afraid of all muslims. We understand the good law abiding muslims are in the high 90 percentile.

I'm not quite following the moral equivalence however between the Radical Islamists and the Radical Christians or Radical Jews. This notion does come up from time to time by the usual suspects. I have to admit I never give it a thought while i'm boarding a plane that we could be hijacked by some religious fanatic other than a Radical Islamist.

We don't need to be reminded as if we were children and unaware that muslims walk and work among us. Every muslim I have ever met and still correspond with to this day have been wonderful people. It's now all about eradicating the Radical Islamists but in order to do this we need to define and understand our enemy and to remove the road blocks that allow for the proliferation of extremism such as PC.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post

Is there not an action akin to public excommunication at least among the moderate Muslims. Cannot these moderates publicly cough up these hate filled co-religionists by even demonstrating against the known hate teaching mosques and schools? And yes, that dirty little word, informing and not decrying those who do? These would go a long way in making a justifiably sceptical world less doubtful of all Muslim intent to live as peaceful people in countries that have their existing cultures and laws in place.

Thank you for the fair assessment of my intentions. Anyone who reads my posts on a regular basis knows I am a moderate and will vote as my research guides me. That can and has lead me in a variety of directions.

I now can see why the Political Thread can be used for gamesmanship. It happens a lot on TOTV.

There are more modern readings of the Muslim religion but it sure has been weaponized a great deal in the past couple of decades.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
I dont see that big of a difference HOWEVER....\

MY point was that the police in France cannot perform so well without the arms required to do so. We, the USA, found it comfy to criticize that in Missouri. They were defending their city from being totally destroyed by law breakers and arsonists with guns

The police, in case you had not noticed, are the front lines of this war, and we better soon wake up to that fact in this country.

It appears the French police did a great job and I applaud them, but how can you forget the hypocrisy in the USA !
The French municipal police do not generally carry firearms.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Thank you for the fair assessment of my intentions. Anyone who reads my posts on a regular basis knows I am a moderate and will vote as my research guides me. That can and has lead me in a variety of directions.

I now can see why the Political Thread can be used for gamesmanship. It happens a lot on TOTV.

There are more modern readings of the Muslim religion but it sure has been weaponized a great deal in the past couple of decades.
While I totally agree with you about "gamesmanship" I am sure we are not working with the same definition.

Seems to me...someone who absolutely says publicly do not give me any right wing news sites or Fox, then cites of all the site available, the most left wing site possible whose ONLY purpose is to refute those sites you openly and with great fervor eliminated from any substance, AND THEN proclaim to be moderate is interesting at best.

It is ok to be whatever.....but the lack of consistency and the refuting of one sides view does not, to me anyway, say moderate.

But again, the most striking thing is to make this a right versus left thing...that is what strikes me as odd. I might add again, that YOU are the one who completely discounted anything from the right.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The French municipal police do not generally carry firearms.
I did not know that....but someone was very heavily armed today in Paris and were referred to as police.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,073 Posts

Quote:
While I totally agree with you about "gamesmanship" I am sure we are not working with the same definition.

Seems to me...someone who absolutely says publicly do not give me any right wing news sites or Fox, then cites of all the site available, the most left wing site possible whose ONLY purpose is to refute those sites you openly and with great fervor eliminated from any substance, AND THEN proclaim to be moderate is interesting at best.

It is ok to be whatever.....but the lack of consistency and the refuting of one sides view does not, to me anyway, say moderate.

But again, the most striking thing is to make this a right versus left thing...that is what strikes me as odd. I might add again, that YOU are the one who completely discounted anything from the right.
I never said I dismiss stuff from the right. Fox is on most of the time in our household. CNN other times. MSNBC very rarely.

You are the one that put a political spin on my motives for looking to get at objective information. Media Matters at least gives you an idea of where they get their information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.