Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
#46
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
#47
|
||
|
||
|
I just hope my Chicago kids see it coming in time to get out, but I bet they'd head for my other daughter's farm in Missouri. I don't know what we'd all do to survive here in 3 bedrooms on a postage stamp, anyway. I just don't know if Missouri is survivable in a real SHTF situation. When I was in SAC I saw a lot of fallout maps and I don't remember much north of Oklahoma being survivable. I think Missouri and Kansas even had missile silos back then, although that may not be the case now.
I've been kind of a low-key prepper most of my life due to my service, but the truth is, regardless of what the disaster is, your odds are really bad unless you're already in a good place to begin with. If you have to run, it's probably too late for you. We have some supplies, but at our age, I think we'd just eat a bullet and get it over with. I do wish my kids weren't so exposed, but they have to make a living and you can't live your life for "might happen". In the meantime, voting to not commit national suicide seems like a good plan. |
| Reply |
|
|
|