Adios Chinese EVs

Old 05-05-2024, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Actually the reason is .....so that the air we ALL breathe is cleaner. And the US government likes to help out early producers of equipment that they believe is going to be the US FUTURE. Just one tiny ADVANTAGE of EVs over ICE vehicles is the lower center of gravity that allows EVs to BRAKE faster. The US government is ACTUALLY pointing people in the direction of safety and fewer accidents. I have to applaud them for THAT.
Does all of that newly needed electricity come from the "electricity fairy"?

China os building coal fired electric plants weekly. I guess there must be a wall preventing that pollution from effecting "the air we all breathe"...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-05-2024, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Do as I say.....not as I do?
The epitome of that...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-05-2024, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Protectionism via an inverse tariff. Good for the EV haters and good for the China haters but bad for the consumer.

My prediction (FWIW): Prices will remain high or even increase.
Good. Proof of an inferior product that was not market driven but rather agenda driven.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,147 Times in 573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
1. Yes....$400 billion in lost PROFITS! It's not like the government is going to be writing a $400 billion check. 2. The current student loan forgiveness proposal is not what the CBPO is referencing from 2022 (2years ago).
It's nice to see that people are upset about certain things. As long as you are there in that outrage, please weigh in on your thoughts that the government gives $1 trillion every year in subsidies (lost income to the US) to an oil industry that earn $4 trillion in profits?

Question: When are we getting back to the EV debate????
Focus, this is about ceasing the payment of the US taxpayer to the government of China via their electric vehicle program. They have gotten enough from us. Whether they got 7500 dollars in sales for each purchase or 7 dollars, we shouldn’t be paying China anything.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-06-2024, 05:41 AM
Sage

Doubtful. EVs typically weigh more than ICE cars because of the battery. Increased weight will lengthen stopping distances. Regardless, I doubt it is a significant factor.

Quote:
Actually the reason is .....so that the air we ALL breathe is cleaner. And the US government likes to help out early producers of equipment that they believe is going to be the US FUTURE. Just one tiny ADVANTAGE of EVs over ICE vehicles is the lower center of gravity that allows EVs to BRAKE faster. The US government is ACTUALLY pointing people in the direction of safety and fewer accidents. I have to applaud them for THAT.
Old 05-06-2024, 09:03 AM

Dump all EV subsidies. Why is a minimum wage worker forced to subsidize the purchase of someone's luxury vehicle? It's political graft.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,925 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Doubtful. EVs typically weigh more than ICE cars because of the battery. Increased weight will lengthen stopping distances. Regardless, I doubt it is a significant factor.
I was comparing equal weight vehicles. It is well known that Tesla vehicles beat ANY ICE vehicle in acceleration from a start. That is because electric DC motors have max torque almost instantly. The lower center of gravity of any E-vehicle ALSO makes for better acceleration. And decceleration from braking is the same principle.
......Lower center of gravity is why sport cars (even ICE ones) are built as low as possible to the ground. The old Austin Healy is one example of that. Unfortunately speed bumps came along and took an edge away from true sports cars.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,925 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
Dump all EV subsidies. Why is a minimum wage worker forced to subsidize the purchase of someone's luxury vehicle? It's political graft.
The minimum wage worker is forced to be in a world of EVs because the US and other governments know that breathing clean air is GOOD for the worker. The worker may not realize that fact.
.........Many average people resist change. In the 1950s my own father told me that TVs were a passing FAD. But, the government (with its multitudes of experts) thought otherwise about television back then and now today - about EVs.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:06 PM
Sage

Reading comprehension problem? Reread my post. The additional weight of EVs will impact their braking distance. When comparing comparable cars, the EV will weigh more. The rest of stuff in your post no nothing to do with what I said. Try to stay on point.

Quote:
I was comparing equal weight vehicles. It is well known that Tesla vehicles beat ANY ICE vehicle in acceleration from a start. That is because electric DC motors have max torque almost instantly. The lower center of gravity of any E-vehicle ALSO makes for better acceleration. And decceleration from braking is the same principle.
......Lower center of gravity is why sport cars (even ICE ones) are built as low as possible to the ground. The old Austin Healy is one example of that. Unfortunately speed bumps came along and took an edge away from true sports cars.

Last edited by biker1; 05-06-2024 at 01:19 PM.

Tags
chinese, evs, tax, adios, dollars

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.