Almost Scammed

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Gold member

Just in case anyone is interested - I have a Bridge that I can sell you dirt cheap!

It is lovely and you get to keep all of the toll money !

PM me if interested !!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum member

I got this same call a while back. I let the guy go through his song and dance and then told him, "You are a scammer and I do not deal with scammers." and hung up. Haven't heard a thing since.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
Just in case anyone is interested - I have a Bridge that I can sell you dirt cheap!

PM me if interested !!!!

You'll have better luck selling that bridge you own on Craigslist or TOTV "Items for Sale"
Please provide a picture. Everyone is curious as to how much did you pay for it? Hope you're able to get your money back, good luck.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post

PM me if interested !!!!
I sent you a PM / not

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default Will have to develop a firm no thank you stare.

I have gotten spoiled as solicitation door to door in our town requires a permit and is only issued to legit charities and handed out to school kids who belong to organizations like the scouts. All others can and are arrested.
When I get down there I will have to develop a firm no thank you stare.
As an unincorporated area you can't pass these kind of rules I guess.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I had someone come to my door yesterday alleging she was unable to make delivery of food to one of my neighbors and offering to sell it to me for a very low cost. And throw in some "free" seafood to boot. Who knows where that meat came from? Any horses missing around here? She said it was cryovacuumed and frozen, but she could not take it back. A real pro. Anyone had this same experience?
Yes. It was a guy and he was a charmer. He worked our neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. We said our freezer was full and he offered to come in and rearrange it so we could fit more in. I then turned him down in a manner he understood. I followed him out and was surprised to find no vehicle in sight. I was looking for a registration number. I then called Neighborhood Watch and they were familiar with this scam and said they would send someone out.

Also, in the past few months, I have received a number of calls from the "Microsoft tech". I stay on long enough for them to know i am fully aware of their scam.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:04 PM

I got the call supposedly from Windows also. The same day I received an email stating that my BankAmerica account was temporarily suspended because someone was trying to log in too many times incorrectly. I was asked to follow their link and give them my correct info. Instead I called BankAmerica and they said to forward it to their fraud dept. They get that a lot...my first clue was a misspelled word. And of course, they would never ask for that kind of information in an email. No correct card number, etc. I wonder how many unsuspecting people do get taken in by this stuff???
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.