Amazon No-Rush Shipping

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2015, 09:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Amazon No-Rush Shipping

Just sharing this because I couldn't figure it out and wasted a bit of time rummaging around their FAQ and emailing support. Amazon is being kind of cagey about it.

Anyway, they're offering a $5 no-rush shipping promotion to Prime members for pantry items instead of the previous $1 discount on video/music downloads. I used no-rush shipping on 4 recent orders but then couldn't see how to apply the promised $20 discount after I put a pantry order together. It turns out that the promotions won't be applied to my account until the end of October.

Here's my conversation with support. I assume what Mandy is specifically avoiding saying is that they want to make sure any items that are purchased using the promotion aren't returned later.

Mandy: promotions won't be applied until items are shipped, no later than oct 26 and oct 30
Queasy27: The discounts won't be available until 60 days after items have shipped?
Mandy: It can be that long, but usually isn't. that's the notations left on the order from the marketing and promotions team. we email you once we have applied the promotion to your account but it's not automatically applied when the no rush shipping order is placed. It takes a bit of time, to ensure the order ships, the payment method goes through, etc
Queasy27: Can you tell me why the $1 no-rush discounts for music and video downloads are able to be applied right away, but not the pantry discount?
Mandy: because they're instant purchases with one click. they don't take time to ship or process through a bank like retail orders do
Queasy27: But the payment still has to be processed through my bank. It's the same credit card.

I also asked this:

Queasy27: Have the music and video $1 discounts been discontinued permanently? The $5 pantry promotion is now the only one available for no-rush shipping.
Mandy: They'll change all the time. at this time it's the $5 pantry promotion

Last edited by queasy27; 08-06-2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Platinum member

We dropped our prime last year after using it for four years and about 200 deliveries. We noticed a change in the way we were being treated as to customer service and a couple of returns that were damaged. I guess they have grown and expanded so much into so many venues that they forget about the little person that regularly spends money with them.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:53 PM

I also chose the 5.00 pantry option. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 AM
Sage

I tried to buy a box of $7.00 Keurig cappucino and it said it was a pantry item and it was an add on and I couldn't order it alone. The I changed it to two boxes of cappucino for $14.00 and it still wouldn't let me buy it. I actually had to order something else besides the two boxes of coffee before it would let me order it. Very frustrating. I do enjoy Prime and despite changes in it recently do use it quite frequently. I have found that you can have one family member buy the prime membershp then they have several e-mail addresses they can register with the one prime membership. Two families can share one prime membership which makes it more affordable.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Just sharing this because I couldn't figure it out and wasted a bit of time rummaging around their FAQ and emailing support. Amazon is being kind of cagey about it.

Anyway, they're offering a $5 no-rush shipping promotion to Prime members for pantry items instead of the previous $1 discount on video/music downloads. I used no-rush shipping on 4 recent orders but then couldn't see how to apply the promised $20 discount after I put a pantry order together. It turns out that the promotions won't be applied to my account until the end of October.

Here's my conversation with support. I assume what Mandy is specifically avoiding saying is that they want to make sure any items that are purchased using the promotion aren't returned later.

Mandy: promotions won't be applied until items are shipped, no later than oct 26 and oct 30
Queasy27: The discounts won't be available until 60 days after items have shipped?
Mandy: It can be that long, but usually isn't. that's the notations left on the order from the marketing and promotions team. we email you once we have applied the promotion to your account but it's not automatically applied when the no rush shipping order is placed. It takes a bit of time, to ensure the order ships, the payment method goes through, etc
Queasy27: Can you tell me why the $1 no-rush discounts for music and video downloads are able to be applied right away, but not the pantry discount?
Mandy: because they're instant purchases with one click. they don't take time to ship or process through a bank like retail orders do
Queasy27: But the payment still has to be processed through my bank. It's the same credit card.

I also asked this:

Queasy27: Have the music and video $1 discounts been discontinued permanently? The $5 pantry promotion is now the only one available for no-rush shipping.
Mandy: They'll change all the time. at this time it's the $5 pantry promotion
I have Prime as well and made 2 different orders recently. 1 order was 2 days ago and my wife made an order yesterday. I picked the "No Rush" shipping on my order and my wife did not pick that option on hers. Last night during the middle of the night I received an email that my items have been combined and shipped all in one package and will be here no later than 8pm tomorrow (and they are always on time!). The very next email was an email from Amazon telling me the $5.00 credit for Prime Pantry has been applied. So in my case I received the credit on my account as they said "after the item ships"! Very happy with Amazon Prime. So far for me they are doing what they say they will do!
Old 08-07-2015, 06:29 PM
Sage

The pantry prices are pretty high and has 5.99 shipping. Sometimes they have a free shipping option. Also, you can not use more than one $5 credit at a time.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
The pantry prices are pretty high and has 5.99 shipping. Sometimes they have a free shipping option. Also, you can not use more than one $5 credit at a time.
Pfft. That's annoying as I specifically asked if I could use more than one discount per order and was told there was no limit.

I agree that the prices for some pantry items can be high compared to local stores. I've never bothered with it before but figured that $20 off would make it worthwhile, along with another promotion for free shipping.

They're apparently going to cut back on the number of family members who can be added to one person's Prime account.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:38 AM

Just got the email saying it must be used before end of oct. The info was different than what you were told. It is ready now.

Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order 113-0113619-xxxxxx entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.

You are receiving this credit because you selected No-Rush Shipping on your recent Prime order. You can use this $5.00 credit towards your next Amazon Prime Pantry purchase. To redeem your $5.00 credit, log on to Amazon.com or open the relevant app on your smart phone, tablet, e-reader, TV or streaming device. Fill up your cart with Prime Pantry items, and we’ll automatically apply the credit at checkout.

The promotional credit must be used by October 30, 2015. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection
Closed Thread

Tags
shipping, time, applied, mandy, no-rush, promotion, pantry, items, order, queasy27, discounts, promotions, discount, account, oct, shipped, music, payment, amazon, video, downloads, bank, bit, orders, takes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.