Another impact from COVID-19 Virus...

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2020, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,205 Times in 907 Posts

Instead of listing places where the supply is "temporarily" out....list those places that have the paper products in stock.
Publix on 466 last night and Walgreens on Paar drive this morning.....adequate supplies of paper products.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,102 Times in 524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinva View Post
there an emoji of a nose in my initial reply but it turned into a bunch of question marks after posting. It would have funny, kinda, if it had worked. : )
It looks like you would have had six noses!
Old 03-12-2020, 01:47 AM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I never was the sharpest knife in the drawer, so can someone please explain how toilet rolls are going to save me from the virus?
We only have a normal supply, does any poster know how many tons we require to be safe?
Do we line the windows, fill the loft with them, or wear them?
Which ply has the most resistance, or makes a better hat to wear?
We have 5000 tins of beans stored 'just in case' so I know we will need extra in an emergency!
According to SNOPES.COM: A risk expert in the country explained it this way: “Stocking up on toilet paper is … a relatively cheap action, and people like to think that they are ‘doing something’ when they feel at risk.”

This is an example of “zero risk bias,” in which people prefer to try to eliminate one type of possibly superficial risk entirely rather than do something that would reduce their total risk by a greater amount.

Hoarding also makes people feel secure. This is especially relevant when the world is faced with a novel disease over which all of us have little or no control. However, we can control things like having enough toilet paper in case we are quarantined.

It’s also possible we are biologically programmed to hoard. Birds, squirrels and other animals tend to hoard stuff.
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 03-12-2020, 04:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I heard that the TP at Costco's was the kind that hangs down from the back, not the kind where the next sheet is on the top and hangs down in the front

We get ours from BJ's in Clermont....their's hangs down in front when installed
I turned all our toilet roll holders upside down, and moved them onto the other wall to solve tha Costco TR problem!
Old 03-12-2020, 05:24 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 1,616 Times in 655 Posts

We will be getting real deals on toilet paper in about a month.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:50 PM

i have several years of old tv phone books

let the bidding begin!
Old 03-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,205 Times in 907 Posts

Just came from Winn Dixie at Lake Sumter Landing.
No problem get most any paper goods you might want.
AFter the reorders for all other types of stores the shelves will be filled once again.
There is no shortage or scarcity.
The system is not design for everybody to buy multiple times what they usually buy....AT THE SAME TIME!

How about some good future planning? Don't use of your horde. Keep an emergency supply back and replenish as per usual.

Uh-Huh....that will happen the same day folks stop for stop signs and do the speed limit!!!

Tags
costco, covid-19, forgot, back, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.