Anyone have experience with YouTube TV at two homes?

Old 04-16-2024, 07:25 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Please text full name, address and email
this is Eddie, you will need a 4k firestick for each tv you want to setup.
Five star streaming service has live tv, over 2,000 channels, all local channels, all NFL games, NFL Red zone, NFL Network, MLB, NHL NBA MLB and so much more for $35/mth
When you have a chance watch my videos on how to use 5 star app please.
https://youtu.be/v1zw1KkCZIg
you will need a 4k firestick for each tv. Things to do before your firesticks arrive:
1. know your wi-fi password and network name (should be what your currently connected to)
2. know your Amazon login and password ( have to register firestick to your Amazon account)
3. Know your cable company login and password, ifll necessary.p
4. sign up for 5 star streaming service ($35/mth for 5 connections at same time .
Can take 12-24 hours to get userid and password
click below link to sign up for 1-12 months of streaming service, stardomstreams.com My 4k firesticks are $120/each, includes programed 4k firestick ready to go, service call and instructions, if you live in the villages, outside the villages add $45 for service call. Just let me know if you have any questions text me.

how to sign up for streaming service: https://youtu.be/yl149Nm9hYc
Old 04-16-2024, 07:39 AM

Yes you can, however, the user up North needs to use their log-on User ID icon (when they ask you Who's watching when you open up YTV) and you can use your ID icon down here when watching at same time. Before 3 months, use the person up North's User icon down here (or vice-versa depending on your home location) and you're set.
Old 04-16-2024, 07:51 AM

YTTV is great! If you do not like it you can cancel- no contract. The best part is the NFL ticket and watching TV on my own time with the unlimited DVR.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Our contract with Comcast has expired at our northern home and we are about to cut the cord. Our future involves having internet at both our northern home and the Villages along with a subscription to a streaming service that easily allows us to stream at both homes (along with Netflix and Amazon Prime). My research has us strongly leaning towards YouTube TV, but before making the final decision I would greatly appreciate feedback from others in our situation.

Specifically, is it relatively easy/seamless to stream from both homes?

Does the cloud DVR service work seamlessly at both homes?

If one of us is at our Villages home, and the other is up north, can we both stream simultaneously from different locations?

When they say the limit is three streams concurrently, does that include recording to the cloud based DVR or just live TV?

Can we keep our northern home as our default location for local viewing regardless of where we are (we get local channels at our Villages home for free through our antenna)?

Have you hade any issues using Roku as the streaming device along with YouTube TV?

Any feedback from those with experience would be greatly appreciated.
I used HULU and it worked well in both. The DVR took some getting used to. I love Roku BTW
Old 04-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Default It's great!

Quote:
Our contract with Comcast has expired at our northern home and we are about to cut the cord. Our future involves having internet at both our northern home and the Villages along with a subscription to a streaming service that easily allows us to stream at both homes (along with Netflix and Amazon Prime). My research has us strongly leaning towards YouTube TV, but before making the final decision I would greatly appreciate feedback from others in our situation.

Specifically, is it relatively easy/seamless to stream from both homes? YES

Does the cloud DVR service work seamlessly at both homes? YES

If one of us is at our Villages home, and the other is up north, can we both stream simultaneously from different locations? YES

When they say the limit is three streams concurrently, does that include recording to the cloud based DVR or just live TV? I THINK IT"S 3 TVs WATCHING CONCURRENTLY - NEVER HAD AN ISSUE

Can we keep our northern home as our default location for local viewing regardless of where we are (we get local channels at our Villages home for free through our antenna)? YES, AND THE FUNNY THING IS THAT YOU GET THE COMMERCIALS FROM THERE TOO

Have you hade any issues using Roku as the streaming device along with YouTube TV? WE HAVE SMART TVs - NO STICKS NEEDED SO CAN'T ANSWER

Specifically, is it relatively easy/seamless to stream from both homes? YES

Does the cloud DVR service work seamlessly at both homes? YES

If one of us is at our Villages home, and the other is up north, can we both stream simultaneously from different locations? YES

When they say the limit is three streams concurrently, does that include recording to the cloud based DVR or just live TV? I THINK IT"S 3 TVs WATCHING CONCURRENTLY - NEVER HAD AN ISSUE

Can we keep our northern home as our default location for local viewing regardless of where we are (we get local channels at our Villages home for free through our antenna)? YES, AND THE FUNNY THING IS THAT YOU GET THE COMMERCIALS FROM THERE TOO

Have you hade any issues using Roku as the streaming device along with YouTube TV? WE HAVE SMART TVs - NO STICKS NEEDED SO CAN'T ANSWER
Old 04-16-2024, 09:51 AM

Hulu has a customer service# 877 824 4858. I use Hulu while I'm in Fl then again back north. The idea of the 3 month sign in with You Tube TV is not convenient as there is no one up north I would bother to do that.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:45 PM
Default YouTube TV Frequency of Changing Home Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCUNY View Post
Question about the 1 time per year. If someone lives 8 months in the North, then 4 months in TV, then by the 4th month in TV it sounds like you have to reset your home location to TV.
When you go back North after the 4th month, does that mean you’re stuck watching Florida local channels for 8 months due to the “can only change 1 time per year” and you already changed it once? That seems like a strange restriction.
Thanks in advance.
It's 3 times per year you can change.
Old 04-16-2024, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,099 Times in 2,754 Posts

Thanks for all the replies and great information. I’m paid up with Comcast through the end of the month and am going to cancel them and pull the trigger with YouTube TV starting May first. I already have all our televisions hooked up to Roku devices and am ready to go. We are going to save a fair amount of $$$ and finally have significantly more viewing options at the Village’s than what our antenna pulls in from Orlando : )
Old 04-16-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:

Specifically, is it relatively easy/seamless to stream from both homes?

Does the cloud DVR service work seamlessly at both homes?

If one of us is at our Villages home, and the other is up north, can we both stream simultaneously from different locations?

When they say the limit is three streams concurrently, does that include recording to the cloud based DVR or just live TV?

Can we keep our northern home as our default location for local viewing regardless of where we are (we get local channels at our Villages home for free through our antenna)?

Have you hade any issues using Roku as the streaming device along with YouTube TV?

Ihave YouTube TV and use it at all three of my properties. You can have 3 TV's at a time watching and they can be in different locations. You get the local channels of whereever you are when away from your primary home, not the primary home local channels.

I don't bother with the VCR so can;t speak to that. I use ROKU for all my streaming and have encountered no issues.

Tags
home, homes, villages, stream, northern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.