Burial or Cremation?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Burial or Cremation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Kid
Well, since my cremation is already paid for, that's the route for me - just not sure where the ashes should go. I kinda like Mr. Schwartz's idea of being in his statue in the square at Spanish Springs. Something to ponder for hopefully the next 30+ years.......

VK
Is that true? He's in the statue? I never heard that.

As for me, I'm with you Red. Hubby says when I'm gone, he's buying a Willeys coup with the insurance $$. I said thats fine, as long as he calls it "Peggy Sue"!!
Village of Hemmingway
Old 02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Cremation and spread my ashes in the bunker in front of the green on the 7th hole on Churchill Greens so I can help everyone get out.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Taltarzac

On a lighter note--

A person receives a telegram informing about his mother-in-law's death. It also inquires whether she should be buried or burnt.

He replies, "Don't take chances. Burn the body and bury the ashes."
Old 02-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Tal...Good One.. :bigthumbsup:The Villages Florida
Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 PM

I thought about the taxidermist but Mrs Rocky doesn't want something else to dust.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Platinum member

I like redwitch's plan. My mother was a real party girl and left clear instructions that 1) she was to be cremated, then scattered over her beloved marsh in front of her house on Cape Cod, and 2) there was to be absolutely no funeral or sorrowful gatherings. Instead, all her friends were to be invited to a real all-out party - her will even provided funds for the event! Four months after she died, her three sons hosted a big bash at her house. Must have been 150 people who came. They drank up every single bottle of booze, ate all the food and toasted her image in the trees. Way to go!
SWR
Old 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Banks
I thought about the taxidermist but Mrs Rocky doesn't want something else to dust.
If I have to look at John stuffed, it will remind me too much of Norman BatesThe Villages Florida
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
JohnnyM

Don't worry Donna Handie and I will put him on Guess The TOTV Stuffed Stars!!! Johnny
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Eternal Member

The Villages Florida
Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Gold member

Cremation, then sprinkle me at North Beach. I'll be in good company with my Mom, Dad and Aunt and Uncle. Then anyone who wants to celebrate can attend a clam bake in my honor.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage

Definitely cremation and a party! ;D

And then I'm off to join my parents, sister, friends, dogs, cats and horses who've gone before me! Doesn't sound that bad actually. I'm sure there's a Villages in heaven! We can all drive golf carts and rock on forever. :bigthumbsup:
Old 02-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Gold member

:joke:

We have both talked about cremation and an Irish Wake. Next our ashes will be made into part of a reef off the Gulf Coast. Saw an article a few years back. Told better half this is one way for him to own beach front property and do good for the environment.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Eternal Member

If I do indeed die, something not now in my plans, I guess that I too will pass on the funeral and also go with cremation. This seems much more earth friendly and less presumptuous. In place of the funeral, though, I think a week-long national memorial observance might be appropriate. And following cremation, it's probably appropriate that my ashes be placed in a suitable urn and entombed in an appropriate columbarium similar to The Villages Florida
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-07-2008, 03:03 AM

I'm with Red and others - cremation and party time!!! I've told my family for years that I want my ashes spread somewhere (I suppose it would have to be secretly) at DisneyWorld. And once I'm living in TV.................it'll be a short trip 'n toss, for the family!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 PM

Cremation for me already arranged, then party.No flowers. Give me flowers when I am alive not when I am dead. Only my opinion they are such a waste of money better to give a donation to a worthwhile cause.I was at a funeral a few weeks ago and there must have been at least $3,000 worth of flowers in the funeral home. I guess good business for the Florists but in my opinion just a waste . Just think how much food that would have bought for Hard Working needy Family's who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.