BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Default Re: BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

Just read the instructions... I have to have it blessed first! I'm not Catholic so I have to find a church, get over my embarrassment, get a couple of dollars together (I hear it cost to have something blessed) and then bury it. Continuing saga...I'll let you know when it's in the ground!!

It would be easier to bury the dog!!!!! ;D
Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 PM

Rose,

Can I still say the Novena if I'm not Catholic? Wouldn't that be sacreligious?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Faith is an amazing quality, and it can move mountains where pragmatism locks one's heels into the ground.

My spouse and I "buried St. Joseph" three years ago when our house in Seminole County went three months without selling - and 48 hours later it was under agreement.

...SteveZ
Old 07-17-2007, 05:07 PM

What your going to read next is the truth....you can't make something like this up!!!

I went to a funeral for a distant acquittance of my husband and I. I took "St Joseph" and asked my husband to stop at a Catholic church on the way home so I could have it blessed. We were talking to a couple we knew prior to the start of the funeral and I was tellling them about stopping off to have "St Joe" blessed. She said she was told by a member of her church that any member of the church could bless the stature with some holy water and with that, she reached into her purse and pulled out a small vial of ................yup, you guessed it........ holy water!!!! I asked her why she kept holy water in her purse and she said "Haven't you heard the stories of our house being haunted????" "When ever anything out of the ordinary happens, I take out the holy water"! With that, she took the stature, made the sign of the cross with the holy water and blessed my St Joseph right there at the funeral! (I told you, you can't make that up!)

Ok, here's my question to all you Catholic's out there......Will that work or should I still take it to the church to have it blessed by a real Priest? I'm serious!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:45 PM

Hi, I'm LindaZ -(wife of SteveZ from above).

I have total faith in St. Joseph giving you what is best.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM

when you buy the box that the small st. Joseph statue comes in ther are instructions how to burry him and if it should be the front or back of the house plus the daily prayer and when the house is sold or you are ready to move you dig him up and put him in a place of hornor in the home ( it really says that ) -- in Phoenix I had a hard time selling my home so I could come to the Villages so i brought St. Joseph did every thing accoprding to the instuctions an in a month my house was sold .. could have been the timing but when I went to dig him uip I could not find him and this is in a 6x6feet square of dirt ...... from friends in Phoenix that house has been sold now 3 more times ..... he still working ............ I did it again in the villages
when i upgraded but this time I found St Joseph and he is in the house ............
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM

What I really need to know now is...Is the blessing from a member of the Catholic church (with holy water) ok or do I have to have it blessed by a Priest. I called the Catholic church in our area and they said I could set up an appointment with the Priest but is that necessary......????? :dontknow:
Old 07-18-2007, 02:54 PM

i did not have my 2 status blessed by a priest --- and i do not remember the instructions that came in the kit saying it had to be--
also the kit was i believe from a relious order i could be wrong as i no longer have the box............also i believe most people who buy the small statue of St. joseph's do not have it blessed.........
hope you recieve more comments in regards to this .....
Old 07-18-2007, 04:42 PM

We buried St. Joe upside down in the back yard facing the house per the instructions. Our dog who is prone to digging, dug it up. Since we are moving to a place that doesn't allow dogs, we sold the dog AND HIS HOUSE in less than two weeks. So I guess it kind of worked but our house is still for sale.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 PM

well you had 2 houses for sale and you did sell one -- so it worked
hehhe :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM

Jim, That is a HOOT! :joke:

OK guys, I have heard enough..I'm biting the bullet tomorrow.

At 9:00 A.M. Mountain States Time I will be burying St Joe. Thanks to all who have helped me on this rather silly journey. The only problem is... I was very serious!!! :

Those of you who are trying to do what my husband and I are trying to do.... move to the Villages... I will let you know how we're doing..... Or just keep your windows open where ever you live and you'll hear us YELL if the house sells!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I don't believe he needs to be blessed, put in him in the ground and let him do his thang!!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Sorry you guys, but I say this in Christian Love. Remember the first commandment. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, says the Lord. All through the Old Testament, God's people were sinning by worshipping idols make of stone, wood, that could not speak, or hear. God delt harshly with them until they repented. I think doing something like that make God very unhappy if not angry and rightfully so. You might not think it is worship but God does. Why did he get so mad when they made the golden calf when Moses was up on the mountain getting the 10 commendments? Do you want to make God unhappy. He loves you and will give you an abundent life if you obey him. Pray to him about selling your house and he will in his Perfect Timeing. He did for us. Beltlady
Old 07-26-2007, 06:31 PM

Oh Oshunlva, I am sooooooooo jealous! Great going! ;D ;D ;D

Ok... here goes the novenas :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

True Story_We listed our house in CT in August, 2005. Now, we had a beautiful home but it sat on a steep slope and to get to the third bedroom upstairs you had to walk through the second bedroom so it was going to take "the right person" to buy the house. Nothing much happened until my sister-in-law told us about St Joseph. So, figuring I had nothing to lose, I acquired a St Joseph statue in January, 2006. I felt totally stupid scraping away snow and ice and the burying him after chopping through several inches of dirt. Three weeks later, "bing bada boom"..the house sold at full price in what was getting to be a shaky market. We moved to the Villages but I left St Joseph in the ground. Long story short, a year later, the new owner listed the house in a tough "on it's way to terrible" market and "bing bada boom" the house sold almost immediately at a premium. Now, whether it was the beautiful kitchen with fireplace that we had or whether it was St Joseph is open to conjecture. Me (a lifelong Protestant) thinks it was more St Joseph than the kitchen...or, at least, a very nice blend of both. So, we are thankful and remain a bit in awe. We remember St Joseph in our prayers.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.