Comcast - good news

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2015, 01:37 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=Arctic Fox;1092884]Glad that you have found solutions that work for you, TomWed. Now you can relax - for a year, anyway.
I do need to relax.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
Annoyingly, even though the agent said I should be able to renew at $24.95 at the end of my first year (in two weeks) she wasn't able to lock that in on today's phone call. I have to call back next Sunday as they "need my permission" within a week of the end of the contract.
As a service to the many of you following this exciting story - eat your heart out, Downton Abbey - here is the thrilling conclusion.

I called Comcast yesterday to see what rate they would give me for my next year of internet service. (I had already checked on their website and, although the $19.99 was available to new customers, the only package I could sign up for on-line cost $86 a month.) The customer service (hah!) agent said $39.99 was the best she could do, but she would check my account to see exactly when my current deal expired. She came back to say that I am currently on $14.99 until July 2016.

I have no idea how I got that rate, or who put me on it, but I now have it in writing (after two more phone calls and an on-line chat session) so all's well that ends well.

The DVD of this story is now available in the foyer, for just $39.99 per month.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalderman12 View Post
Is Comcast better than CenturyLink for internet only? if so, why?
At this moment, I'm getting 88mbps download speed and 12 upload with Xfinity. You will not get that with centurylink.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
As a service to the many of you following this exciting story - eat your heart out, Downton Abbey - here is the thrilling conclusion.

I called Comcast yesterday to see what rate they would give me for my next year of internet service. (I had already checked on their website and, although the $19.99 was available to new customers, the only package I could sign up for on-line cost $86 a month.) The customer service (hah!) agent said $39.99 was the best she could do, but she would check my account to see exactly when my current deal expired. She came back to say that I am currently on $14.99 until July 2016.

I have no idea how I got that rate, or who put me on it, but I now have it in writing (after two more phone calls and an on-line chat session) so all's well that ends well.

I know what you mean. Everything is complicated. My rate is $25 and I'm getting 30mb down and 3 up using a patch cable. Comcasted refunded what I have been paying for the last 3 months after I made my case that I was paying for services I did not ask for or could even use.

I bought a modem that came with a free router from NewEgg that just arrived. I think I can set it up on my own.

Has anyone done this? Is the first step to call Comcast with the mac address of my new router? I have always rented modems. I have set up routers but it's been a while.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I bought a modem that came with a free router. I think I can set it up on my own. Has anyone done this? Is the first step to call Comcast with the mac address of my new router?
When I first set up my Comcast account they tried to connect me over the phone (rather than with a service call) as the previous owners had used Comcast years ago. While they didn't manage to do so, they did ask for my MAC address so I think that that is the best place to start. If you are already connected with Comcast then it should be a simple matter for them to change the settings at their end and have you back up and running.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:58 AM

I have blast through Tom A/V for $39.99 for a year. My Test speeds today were
hard wire 90.46mbps download. Wireless is 55.04mbps. speed test done at
XFINITY Speed Test
Old 08-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Actually CenturyLink has a 100 Mbit/sec and 1000 Mbit/sec offerings if you have fiber to the house. I have their 40 Mbit/sec download and 20 Mbit/sec upload offering at my house. I work from home running software projects and find this level of bandwidth exceeds my needs. In reality, most people's bandwidth needs are fairly modest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
At this moment, I'm getting 88mbps download speed and 12 upload with Xfinity. You will not get that with centurylink.
Old 08-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Loved your post. Before you break out the champagne, I'd wait for your first bill.
Yeah, I know, you have it in writing. We'll keep fingers crossed...
Old 08-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naneiben View Post
Loved your post. Before you break out the champagne, I'd wait for your first bill.
Yeah, I know, you have it in writing. We'll keep fingers crossed...
You are so right on that score.

I haven't had a correct bill from Comcast since April.
Closed Thread

Tags
bill, comcast, $19.99, called, full, plan, month, months, complete, spoke, agent, investigated, pest, assistant, automated, past, suggests, assistance, moral, extra, charge, book, stick, happy, relent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.