Complaint department Gillette or potatoes

Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Sage
Default Complaint department Gillette or potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
This is a forum. People come here to express themselves--what's good, what's bad, whatever. Not only is that allowed, it's welcomed, within the forum guidelines.

And now we know to be a little more careful when buying razor blades.
Does your warning include the razor blades Rick Harrison (Pawn Stars) promotes on TV? Please tell me they are ok.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:15 AM

Last edited by Laurie2; 06-03-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

A picture is worth a thousand words. P&G has still not changed the picture of the cartridge on the packaging of this product. It still shows the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power cartridge although you are not getting the Power cartridges. Plus, it states that you are receiving 1 year of Gillette’s best shave. The best shave would be with the Power cartridge which you are not getting.

Apparently, they don’t give a hoot or it takes them a long time to react. I still believe it is deceptive and would not do this in my business dealings. Also note that Walmart raised the price.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	54277   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	54278  
Old 08-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

My husband gave up on getting ripped off by Gillette and is now getting his razor and refills from Harry's. He says they are just as good and last longer. https://www.harrys.com/

You can get on a renewal cycle or just order the refills whenever you need them. Fight back at Gillette. I have read that places like Harry's are making a dent in name brand razor profits.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My husband gave up on getting ripped off by Gillette and is now getting his razor and refills from Harry's. He says they are just as good and last longer. https://www.harrys.com/

You can get on a renewal cycle or just order the refills whenever you need them. Fight back at Gillette. I have read that places like Harry's are making a dent in name brand razor profits.

Thanks for that information!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,037 Times in 2,525 Posts

There you go! That's what you get at wallyworld, inferior packed wrong products at 2 cents cheaper that Kmart. All in the marketing, the best shave is like someone saying they are the best pool player in the world? In There little world

As share holder in that company I would be outraged due to their LACK of Quality control at the China factory!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

////
Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 PM
KittyKat

Someone please tell me/us why razor cartridges are SO expensive?!!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,037 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Someone please tell me/us why razor cartridges are SO expensive?!!

The more blades the better the shave the more blades the more they cost All in the sell
Old 08-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Sage

It's an old ploy. I heard it was Gillette that invented it. They practically give you the razor and you think you are getting something for nothing and they sell you the blades at a premium. That's where you make the money.

Look at computer printers. You can buy a printer for a few dollars but the only cartridge that fits is the one they sell for a crazy amount of money.

It's very clever.

I wonder if bullets and six shooters figured that out sooner?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:05 PM
Platinum member

Best way to extend the life of a razor is to wipe it dry when you are finished. Really shake the water off the blade and dry it on a towel or washcloth. I use one throw away razor for every 45 to 60 days because of this. ,the minerals in the water attach to the blade and dull,it. Old navy guy told me this years ago. The beard does not dull the blade. My razors are the cheap generic twin blade kind.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Callaway Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
If someone can complain about potatoes at Bonifay, I want to warn people of the confusing to say the least packaging being used by P & G to sell their 12 pack or years’ worth of blades. The label does state that you are getting the Gillette Fusion Proglide blades. However, the picture sure looks like the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power blades. After three words I get dizzy.

I purchased them a month ago thinking I was getting the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power blades. Walmart service department employees believed as I did that the wrong blades were in the package when I returned them to the store for an exchange. I have contacted Gillette three times to express my dismay that the picture on the package is showing the Power blades as shown on the right. Note that the Power blades have a green glide film and a special notched silver track at the bottom. The other blades are blue and have no silver track. And, it does say that I am getting " 1 YEAR of Gillette's Best Shave". The Power blades would be the best and most expensive.

One potato two potatoes etc... My wife says I should not complain. Maybe I should examine things in greater detail so as to not get the wrong product. However, then I may find faults and still want to complain. Maybe I should just go with whatever potatoes or blades that I receive?
Why not switch to "Harry's" or "The Dollar Shave Club" and save yourself a lot of money?
Old 08-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

There are also discount shave-type clubs for women. Dorcousa.com is one of them

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.