Driving with Marijuana in your blood

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I read somewhere the TV was pot free

There are several who don't smoke pot. I know for sure that me and sweetie and Helene and the cats don't.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 4,759 Times in 1,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
The difference between a drunk and a pothead at a stop sign is the drunk guy runs it and the stoner waits for it to turn green.
Waits for it to turn green, than waits for it to turn red, than waits for it to turn green.............when will this ever stop?!?!?!?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,275 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
How much risk is presented to the public by having a person behind the wheel who tests positive for THC (the active drug in weed) in his blood?

The most comprehensive study to date has now been released.

Read this link Washington Post

And the conclusion by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration as detailed in the study:

The key point worth emphasizing is that the blood test is meaningless as it does not indicate to what degree if any the driver was impaired. It is absolutely certain that someone actively stoned is not a safe driver but some other mechanism of determining impairment needs to be used.
It's probabley more of an offence to have it on your person than ingested .
Old 02-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
The difference between a drunk and a pothead at a stop sign is the drunk guy runs it and the stoner waits for it to turn green.
I did that once. Then the pot wore off and I went.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Duuuuuude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Further proof that stoners don't see how impaired and useless they've become.

Sober people see it. Stoners don't see it.
You are stuck in a time past. I'm so sorry.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
What if some of us don't want to get all fuzzied up?

You just go on and enjoy yourself.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I read somewhere the TV was pot free
On a leisurely golf cart drive any afternoon or evening, has anyone ever noticed how many skunks we have here in the Villages? Skunkweed...pot that smells like skunk odor. And I have no idea how or why.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
No, I'm sorry for my old hippie friends and relatives whose brains are fried and are useless and can't work and draw SSI and Disability Medicare in their 40s and 50s.

It would be nice if they were able to be productive and pay INTO the system for another 20 years, as it has a seriously shrinking number of payers per recipients.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What if some of us don't want to get all fuzzied up? You just go on and enjoy yourself.
Gracie, most of the Wrinklies who smoked grass probably did so 30++ years ago. Not saying all.
Most of them probably aren't getting "fuzzied up" any more.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
No, I'm sorry for my old hippie friends and relatives whose brains are fried and are useless and can't work and draw SSI and Disability Medicare in their 40s and 50s.

It would be nice if they were able to be productive and pay INTO the system for another 20 years, as it has a seriously shrinking number of payers per recipients.
This has to be written in jest. You aren't seriously implying that everyone that smokes pot is a drain on society? This type of fallacious reasoning is why we pass ridiculous laws on all sorts of private behavior.

Dr. Seuss
Old 02-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,818 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:

Finally, someone with the facts and the intelligence to see how the impending implosion of the social security and Medicare system can be blamed on her own family and friends and some brain fried hippies. I did not know that until now. I did a google search using brain fried hippie social security and got 10,800,000 hits.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
This has to be written in jest. You aren't seriously implying that everyone that smokes pot is a drain on society? This type of fallacious reasoning is why we pass ridiculous laws on all sorts of private behavior.
"My" friends and relatives refers to specific individuals who have fried their brains, not the whole society.

Overlooking that specificity in my post indicates another reason why "ridiculous" laws are passed.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sunny, with all due respect, isn't it possible that the brain-fried friends and relatives were ingesting stronger substances than marijuana?
Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Finally, someone with the facts and the intelligence to see how the impending implosion of the social security and Medicare system can be blamed on her own family and friends and some brain fried hippies. I did not know that until now. I did a google search using brain fried hippie social security and got 10,800,000 hits.
Here's one of many How-To guides on how to milk the system.

"Addicted? American? Broke? This might help:"

"If you are actively or recently addicted, live in the U.S., and are low on funds, this may be of use. I see it as getting the most out of the “disease model”. Thanks to Ram Meyyappan for offering to post this to our community.

Drug Addiction and Social Security Disability Benefits

Drug addiction can wreak havoc on an individual’s life and can often prevent an individual from working. What many people do not understand is that drug addiction is actually considered to be a disability by the Social Security Administration (SSA). If you are struggling with drug addiction or drug addiction recovery, you may be able to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits.

Qualifying for Social Security Disability Benefits with a Drug Addiction

It is important to note that even though the side effects of drug abuse can prevent an individual from performing gainful work activity, addiction alone is not enough to qualify a person for Social Security Disability benefits. If, however, the addiction results in other medical conditions, you can qualify for disability benefits due to the resulting conditions……"
Addicted? American? Broke? This might help… | Memoirs of an Addicted Brain
Old 02-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Sunny, with all due respect, isn't it possible that the brain-fried friends and relatives were ingesting stronger substances than marijuana?
They were smoking pot like chimneys in our teens and were called "burnouts" in college. Pot was and still is their drug of choice.

It was sadly predictable.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.