Earth Fare is Closing in Lady Lake

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2022, 10:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Email arrived this morning, Earth Fare will stat today with 30% off. No exact date for closing.

I have shopped Earth Fare for many years, and will miss their no preservatives or additives in their products. Sadly, TV and the surrounding area didn’t have their key customers. So will be traveling to Whole Foods in Gainesville to shop for my pantry.
There was one in Sarasota/Manatee Lakewood Ranch area. It also closed. With the current state of the country people may not feel comfortable spending the extra money.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:52 AM
Gold member
Default Not very welcoming

It was not a very welcoming store. The lighting was harsh. Had an unusual odor. I can go to the Fresh Market for two items and leave with several bags. It is a pleasure to be there. Not crazy about wholefoods either, though better (imo) than earthfare. From the strong scent of patchouli oil to a $5.50 snickerdoodle cookie (1 cookie). Still, sad to see any company not make it.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,300 Times in 5,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
It was not a very welcoming store. The lighting was harsh. Had an unusual odor. I can go to the Fresh Market for two items and leave with several bags. It is a pleasure to be there. Not crazy about wholefoods either, though better (imo) than earthfare. From the strong scent of patchouli oil to a $5.50 snickerdoodle cookie (1 cookie). Still, sad to see any company not make it.
For 5.50 must go into the record books as one of the largest cookies being sold. Or not being sold based on the price
Old 08-31-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
If you ask that question you were not their key customer, and might be the reason many went once, not realizing the products they sold. Plus I am guessing the cost, of products without additives and preservatives is about 20% higher.

Those who seek or require no additives and preservatives, every shelf was stocked with everything you could think. In Publix or Winn Dixie, you might find 3-8 items on your list.

If you have always eaten processed food, too late to change now. From the time I had solid food, until now I don’t eat processed food. That means eating out is very minimal, and if I do, it can take days to recover
besides the economic state of this country, location is a HUGE issue .. with the road construction .. for many it's hard to get there.. went a few times, wasn't a fan.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Email arrived this morning, Earth Fare will stat today with 30% off. No exact date for closing.

I have shopped Earth Fare for many years, and will miss their no preservatives or additives in their products. Sadly, TV and the surrounding area didn’t have their key customers. So will be traveling to Whole Foods in Gainesville to shop for my pantry.
looks like corporate is closing... Web site ... Earth Fare soon will close its last store in metro Orlando. Earth Fare soon will close its last store in metro Orlando. The Asheville, North Carolina-based specialty grocer in an email said the store at 655 N. Highway 27/441 in Lady Lake will close, less than a year after it opened in November 2021.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,949 Times in 5,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmarr View Post
besides the economic state of this country, location is a HUGE issue .. with the road construction .. for many it's hard to get there.. went a few times, wasn't a fan.
Did you see any actual road construction? All I ever see is torn up roads and traffic barricades. But, you can get to that area by going through Sam's parking lot.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:49 AM

Darn, there goes my fresh ground almond butter source.

Gonna have to find another store with one of those grinders now.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,214 Times in 1,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I hate to see any business close. But, I went there once when they first opened. I asked myself, why am I here, when I could be at Publix? I think a lot of people did the same thing.
Exactly. Nothing in that store "spoke" to me. Much prefer Publix and Winn Dixie. I never went back either. Can't wait to see what will take the place of this store.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
If you ask that question you were not their key customer, and might be the reason many went once, not realizing the products they sold. Plus I am guessing the cost, of products without additives and preservatives is about 20% higher.

Those who seek or require no additives and preservatives, every shelf was stocked with everything you could think. In Publix or Winn Dixie, you might find 3-8 items on your list.

If you have always eaten processed food, too late to change now. From the time I had solid food, until now I don’t eat processed food. That means eating out is very minimal, and if I do, it can take days to recover
Your insides may be healthier but I'm happier eating the bad stuff.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
What a surprise. Went last week in afternoon and only two other customers in store. Prices absurd. Adios Earth Faire. Replace with Trader Joes
Trader Joe's would be a great in that location. Sign me up!
Old 08-31-2022, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Location certainly contributed to Earth Fare’s early demise. One, it’s outside TV and too far North to attract many villagers. And two, the road construction in the area has further discouraged many who might consider visiting the store. I know we have avoided the area whenever possible. IMHO, Sprouts wii be a better location for villagers.
Too far north? That location is part of my "stomping ground" of retail stores, big box stores and restaurants.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltwise3500 View Post
I went there for the 1st time last week to find a specific bread and planned on purchasing other items until…the over whelming terrible smell when I walked in the door. It was horrible! Walked out with only 1 item.
I know. Agree about the smell. What is that?????
Old 08-31-2022, 12:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Wouldn’t the Earth Fare in Ocala be closer?
2405 SW 27th Ave Ste 101. Ocala, FL 34471
Old 08-31-2022, 12:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
There is not a Whole Foods in TV. Do you mean Fresh Market?
I'd like to make a wager that you are correct.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,689 Times in 3,175 Posts

I'm on somewhat of a budget, but can afford to pay extra for certain things. Like chicken salad. My husband likes Earth Fare's chicken salad. It was around $2 more than Publix, and much tastier, with much quicker service, plus you get a free sourdough french bread to go with it. So it was a reasonable deal to pick up a pound every 10-14 days.

I went there today and thought - if they had only half the number of customers every day leading up to today, compared to how many were actually there when I went in, they wouldn't have had to close down.

It wasn't as crowded as Publix usually is, but it had a really solid flow of patrons coming in and leaving with food.

This tells me that the only reason people didn't come previously was that the prices were too high. Obviously it wasn't obscured too much by construction that no one knew it was there. Because a LOT of people knew it was there today.

Obviously it wasn't that you couldn't get there by golf cart because a LOT of people were there today, without golf carts. Obviously it wasn't that it was "too far north" because obviously a lot of people managed to get there. Also on that point - the Villages isn't the only community in the area. That side of 441 is primarily residential and there's also Water Oak, which is less than 3 blocks away and clearly MORE convenient to the hundreds of people living there, than it is to anyone in the Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
earth, fare, closing, surrounding, products

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.