Furniture Stores

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Default Furniture Stores

Moving to TV in a few months. Searched this site for furniture store reviews, and it looks pretty grim. Looking for moderately priced, mainstream recommendations. Not high end, not low end. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

I would think your visiting area furniture stores can give you an idea of what is available. Opinions are just that......opinions.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Do yourself a favor and avoid city furniture, they sell junk, have horrible customer service and terrible delivery. My advise would be to go to the used furniture stores, we found some great furniture that was like new for a fraction of the cost. You can also stumble across some great deals at the estate sales. Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2018, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdshaw View Post
Moving to TV in a few months. Searched this site for furniture store reviews, and it looks pretty grim. Looking for moderately priced, mainstream recommendations. Not high end, not low end. Thanks.
I don't believe it's grim, you just need to weed through the choices. For flashy Florida furniture, but beware of bonded leather, there is Kane's with the nearest store in Ocala. We had to throw away a leather power loveseat and two recliners and a couch from Kane's after just five years. The leather completely peeled off.

Next door to Kane's is Rooms to Go, not any better, they don't even sell powered loveseats. For nicer furniture and real leather would be at Blockers, they're located across the parking lot behind Kane's.

In TV there is City Furniture at LSL, nice stuff for a reasonable price, but customer service is horrible, just do a search. They will bring out defective merchandise and you better not sign for anything without completely seeing it before. For very nice furniture such as Flexsteel, there is Babettes in Leesburg across from the Airport. There is also Family Furniture and White's Furniture, which both have good reviews but never been to them. For nice used furniture there is Almost Perfect in Summerfield. I found my best bargains on new furniture and great customer service was at Badcock in Wildwood. They're a chain store but they don't over price and they don't carry bonded leather. Just check out their website below.

Welcome to Badcock &more | Badcock &more
Old 02-25-2018, 05:59 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Try Babette’s or southern living
Old 02-25-2018, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Try Babette’s or southern living
Southern living has been gone for many years
Old 02-25-2018, 06:13 PM

No City furniture, Bad News..
Babette’s in Leesburg was Great.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:34 PM
Platinum member

There a second furniture store right next to Babette’s in Leesburg on 441. And across the highway is Family Furniture. So you’ve got three options in Leesburg.

Last edited by REDCART; 02-27-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:21 PM

Family furniture. Reasonably priced.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
...For flashy Florida furniture, but beware of bonded leather, there is Kane's Furniture with the nearest store in Ocala.

Next door to Kane's is Rooms to Go, not any better, they don't even sell powered loveseats. For nicer furniture and real leather that would be at Blockers Furniture, they're located across the parking lot behind Kane's in Ocala.

Blockers Furniture - Ocala, FL

In TV there is City Furniture at LSL, nice stuff for a reasonable price, but customer service is horrible, just do a search. They will bring out defective merchandise and you better not sign for anything without completely seeing it before.

For very nice furniture such as Flexsteel, there is Babettes Furniture in Leesburg across from the Airport.

Babette's Furniture & Home

There is also Family Furniture and White's Furniture, which both have good reviews but never been to them. For nice used furniture there is Almost Perfect in Summerfield. I found my best bargains on new furniture and great customer service was at Badcock Furniture in Wildwood. They're a chain store but they don't over price and they don't carry bonded leather. Just check out their website below.

Welcome to Badcock - Wildwood
I forgot two nearby quality stores similar to Babettes. They are both in Winter Garden, that's about 25 miles south on the Florida Turnpike. That would be Havertys and Baers.

Winter Garden Furniture Store - Havertys

Winter Garden, FL Baers Furniture & Mattress Store
Old 02-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Veteran member

We bought a sofa and recliner from Kent in Belleview. Good selection, price matching if you have seen something you liked elsewhere, free delivery and good customer service. And they are only 30 minutes away. http://www.kentfurnitureinc.com/
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:07 PM

We had a very positive experience at Family Furniture. Both the owner and separately the sales person told us how they took back all the bad leather bonded furniture. The sales person name escapes me right now (Denise?) but she was great. She actually trained with Eliane Zayak the ice skater near our home in NJ. Very nice staff!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2018, 08:53 PM
Gold member
Default Suggestion

We've bought several pieces from THE AMISH FURNITURE STORE 352 Shopping Center Dr, Wildwood.

His stuff is REAL WOOD, well crafted. If, you see a piece you like but want it longer, shorter, higher, longer they will make it for you.

Prices a good for the QUALITY they deliver.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 PM
Platinum member

We had really good luck with Babbettes in Leesburg on 441. At the time we bought some pieces at the furniture store next to them which was Conways but they were going out of business at the time and we got some great buys on Howard Miller pieces. I got some incidentals like end tables, sofa table, buffet and china cabinet from Wayfair, Overstock and Sam's online. Had bad luck with Rooms To Go but at the time they were the only ones that sold loveseats in slipcovered denim which we wanted for den with our collie so we could wash the covers. The covers are great but the structure of the furniture was cheap. Our neighbors had a really bad time with Rooms To Go so stay away from them.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:34 PM

Babbetts in Leesburg, no pressure easy to work with.
Closed Thread

Tags
end, furniture, grim, pretty, moderately

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.