Help get the Wildwood Middle High School Debate Team to National Tournament

Old 05-22-2024, 09:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
No, the OP left someone else's phone number. The OP said they were posting on someone else's behalf.

I have no intention of donating to that club. But I shouldn't have to "do the research" to find out if the gofundme page is legit. It's up to the person presenting the information to source it properly, which they didn't do.
I don’t do Go Fund Me pages. What is legit is 700 Huey Street in Wildwood....it’s the middle school. Unless the postal worker that is delivering my MO is in on the ‘scam’ with the person that posted the info....I think I’m good. My envelope was addressed to the MS to the attention of the principal.
Old 05-23-2024, 07:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Agree
They blame teenagers for doing everything electronically. Rather than calling for a Congressional Inquiry....the OP left her phone number....and as you stated, take a ride to the school....its Wildwood (assuming those inquiring are allowed within 500 ft of one.....sarcasm). I sent a money order to the address given...only because i have inherent trust issues....and its only a nominal amount that im ok with losing!
I didn't know that people still used money orders. I haven't used any is decades.

Were you worried about "check washing"?
Old 05-23-2024, 07:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
I didn't know that people still used money orders. I haven't used any is decades.

Were you worried about "check washing"?
Really?
Money Orders have never not been around. In certain applications, I utilize them.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:54 AM

This is confirmed by the school to be legit and a good cause.

Fundraiser by Illiana Miranda : Support Wildwood'''s Speech and Debate Team: Road to Nationals

From Ms. Miranda-

"GoFundMe is definitely legit. I have nine students who have qualified for nationals over in Des Moines and we are fundraising right now so that way we can get all of them there at the moment we are going to be driving up into big huge Rent-A-Car and then we're going to fly back because by the end, I'm going to be too exhausted to drive back we're competing a world school debate or also competing in big questions debate and we have middle schoolers in extemporaneous speaking declamation, and oration so if you have any other questions, please give me a call back. I am glad to help you and my email is eliana . miranda @ sumter . k2 . nfl .us. It's on the website but just in case feel free to reach out if you have any questions I am so here for you thanks. …”

I am sure they appreciate our donations.
Old 05-28-2024, 06:45 AM

Story in today's "Daily Sun" page D-3

Tags
school, middle, debate, wildwood, high

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.