High altitude object shot down over US (Alaskan) territorial waters (ice)

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2023, 08:06 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Wow, the "I hate America" crowd is out in full force over the actions against these very different objects. It wouldn't have mattered if the reverse actions for these two objects had been taken, the same 'Hammer' (when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail') crowd - would be attacking/complaining about our country's actions.

Waiting to shoot down the first balloon until we could gather as much info as possible, while blocking its ability to transmit, has turned out to be very smart. Especially since it did not have the capability of gathering anything, that isn't already being provided in much more detail with Chinese satellites. It's already resulted in 6 Chinese entities contributing to its construction in being blacklisted, which couldn't have happened had it not been allowed to continue to fly and then shot down in a recoverable location.

Taking action so soon on the second object, which was a totally different situation than the first, has also turned out to be a smart move and it too will be retrieved from a frozen Arctic Ocean.

Which simply infuriates the 'ready-shoot-aim' crowd even further.

All I can say is...USA, USA, USA. LOL
Old 02-11-2023, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,685 Times in 1,535 Posts

Word is that it was aimed at Miami, but it took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.
Old 02-11-2023, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
The Chinese gave permission to shoot it down.
Let's hope it wasn't Russian, then
Old 02-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,107 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastDawg View Post
I think we can safely assume that the Chinese have technology every bit as good as anything the West can muster.
Well, we don't have George Jetson's flying car. What makes you think the Chinese do?
Old 02-11-2023, 09:04 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Wow, the "I hate America" crowd is out in full force over the actions against these very different objects. It wouldn't have mattered if the reverse actions for these two objects had been taken, the same 'Hammer' (when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail') crowd - would be attacking/complaining about our country's actions.

Waiting to shoot down the first balloon until we could gather as much info as possible, while blocking its ability to transmit, has turned out to be very smart. Especially since it did not have the capability of gathering anything, that isn't already being provided in much more detail with Chinese satellites. It's already resulted in 6 Chinese entities contributing to its construction in being blacklisted, which couldn't have happened had it not been allowed to continue to fly and then shot down in a recoverable location.

Taking action so soon on the second object, which was a totally different situation than the first, has also turned out to be a smart move and it too will be retrieved from a frozen Arctic Ocean.

Wow. There was two replies to this post just earlier. IMO not controversial at all. But now they are gone. Hmmmm. One stated Keep America Great if I recall. If that was why it’s gone now, we’re in trouble.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:07 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,107 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
They murdered Santa Claus, I tellz ya.
That's the most likely scenario I've heard yet. It would take magic reindeer to fly a VW to 40,000 ft.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:15 AM
Default Shot down

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Could it be aliens looking for polar bears?
Old 02-11-2023, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,442 Times in 2,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Wow. There was two replies to this post just earlier. IMO not controversial at all. But now they are gone. Hmmmm. One stated Keep America Great if I recall. If that was why it’s gone now, we’re in trouble.
One thing I learnt about when sailing, was the closer you sail to the wind, the more chance of capsizing!
Old 02-11-2023, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
It's a conspiracy.

The board is run by a bunch of ..... who can't stand ......

It's a violation of our free speech! We should sue in the Supreme Court to get our money back.

OR..... The same post was made in two threads and you forgot that the those replies are in that other thread.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-11-2023, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
It's a conspiracy.

It's a violation of our free speech! We should sue in the Supreme Court to get our money back.

OR..... The same post was made in two threads and you forgot that the those replies are in that other thread.
Option 1
Old 02-11-2023, 09:54 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
It's a conspiracy.

Shhh, you're ruining a cathartic rant. lol
Old 02-11-2023, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post

yeah, but how many are actually out there, & for how long. the world may never know
Old 02-11-2023, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastDawg View Post
I think we can safely assume that the Chinese have technology every bit as good as anything the West can muster.
I would disagree, the Chinese don't even have nuclear subs. And if we made our own cell phones and other stuff, they could never keep up with the US. The only technology they have is what they have STOLEN from us by making our stuff.
Old 02-11-2023, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Maybe it was Amazon delivering a package bet that customer is going to be unhappy. Or that eBay someone bought coming from China, no wonder it takes so long to deliver if they are using balloons.
I think that the US shot down the Batplane. Batman was showing Catwoman the northern lights up close. And just think maybe in nine months Gotham City could have had a new baby Robin.
Old 02-11-2023, 04:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I would disagree, the Chinese don't even have nuclear subs. And if we made our own cell phones and other stuff, they could never keep up with the US. The only technology they have is what they have STOLEN from us by making our stuff.
China has 6 long range nuclear subs:
China has put longer-range ICBMs on its nuclear subs, U.S. says | The Japan Times
Closed Thread

Tags
high, altitude, object, shot, alaskan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.