Honest People

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Default Honest People

While at Dulles Airport when returning from Thanksgiving with family, my husband realized he had lost his wallet. He returned to the TSA checkpoint but it wasn't there. He left his name and number but never heard back. When we got home, we reported that our credit card was lost and were happy to learn there weren't any unexpected charges on it. On a whim, I filled out lost item official forms for both TSA and Dulles. To our surprise, two days later we got an email telling us that it had been found. We filled out the release form, sent a copy of his passport as the government ID and included a prepaid UPS label. These were required for it to be returned. Thursday, we received his wallet. Not only were all of his cards there, but so was all of the money. I wish we could trace the "chain of custody" for the wallet so we could thank everyone involved in getting it to the Dulles lost and found. It is heartwarming to know that there are honest and kind people who helped his wallet find its way home. Happy Holidays to all of you.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,649 Times in 1,773 Posts

A few years ago my daughter dropped her wallet near a Hertz counter at BWI. When she discovered it gone she thought back to where she may have dropped it. When she called the Hertz counter they had it. Another customer had picked it up and left it at the counter. Nothing was missing. There ARE good honest decent people in this world!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-11-2021, 04:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,227 Times in 930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
A few years ago my daughter dropped her wallet near a Hertz counter at BWI. When she discovered it gone she thought back to where she may have dropped it. When she called the Hertz counter they had it. Another customer had picked it up and left it at the counter. Nothing was missing. There ARE good honest decent people in this world!
Most people are honest but stories of honest people and their good deeds hardly ever get mentioned in the media. Only thugs and deviants are celebrated in the news. If it bleeds it leads. No wonder we have such negative biases against people because all we hear about are the evil things people do to each other. It's disgusting!
Old 12-11-2021, 07:41 PM

Nice to hear these stories. Here is another. Unknowingly I lost my wallet in the parking lot at a mall in Orlando. We had left that mall and drove to another. There I got a call from “The Villages.” The gal said someone found it in the parking lot and called them because of my Villages ID. They gave me the persons number and name and I went back and met them and retrieved my wallet.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:02 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Wallet

2 christmas' ago, my wife left her pocket book at the waiting area for one of Southwest Airlines gates. She didn't realize it until we were halfway to NY. The flight attendant had it called in by the pilot. When we got to our destination, we were told they had it, and it overnighted to us the next morning with more than a $1000 in her wallet and all her credit cards. There are good people out there.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,795 Times in 5,288 Posts

Remove everything from your wallet, place it on your printer glass, and scan it on both sides. Store it on your computer. Do this every 6 months or so. If you lose your wallet, you will be glad you did this.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:32 AM

I lost my virginity and it was never returned.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

It's really great to hear about good honest people. Here's a story that you will find funny, I once took a long flight in Asia and read a paperback book and left it in the front pocket. Well the jal airlines stewardess didn't realize that I had finished the book and just left it for the next passenger, they followed me to my connection over the course of 25 minutes and finally found me and gave me the book back. It took a little while to explain that I had finished it and just left it but it just shows you what some people will go through for customer service and to satisfy and to be a good person. Now thinking back I made the mistake of not accepting the book and acknowledging their Goodwill.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:27 AM

On a tour of Thailand a young lady with our group left her wallet with $500 in it in a Bangkok hotel. It was found under the bed the next day & forwarded to her at our next stop. All the money was still in it!

Northeast Ohio, Northern California, including Santa Cruz, Oakland Hills, East Bay, Stockton and Merced and now The Villages
Old 12-13-2021, 08:19 AM
Default Virginity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Whew! I thought it was just me. What a relief! You should share your post on other social media platforms, I’ll bet there are millions of us out there 🤣
Old 12-13-2021, 09:42 AM
Default ‘Twas I!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
And we know who took it!!
Old 12-13-2021, 10:06 AM

You can write a thank you note to TSA. TSA.gov
At airports, TSA security hands items to the airport authority or handles it themselves. Seeing as you needed your goverment ID fo return; I can tell you it was TSA that handled. They typically get a poor image, but are trustworthly employees and civil servants. I am glad you got your wallet back; Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Remove everything from your wallet, place it on your printer glass, and scan it on both sides. Store it on your computer. Do this every 6 months or so. If you lose your wallet, you will be glad you did this.
What good is a picture of your empty wallet? Just kidding.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,795 Times in 5,288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpa View Post
What good is a picture of your empty wallet? Just kidding.
It will help you remember what color wallet to buy. It's also helpful to scan the wallet contents.
Closed Thread

Tags
lost, wallet, dulles, home, found

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.