How to Sell Timeshare

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
We have 5 timeshares. 3 with Diamond Resorts and 2 with Hilton. Over the years we have definitely made good use of them. Hawaii and St. Maarten many times, Paris, Rome, Vegas to name a few. We are still using them all for some great vacations.
They are definitely not an investment, but they work good for us.
If I didn't have them, I'd never get hubby anywhere except on a cruise ship. LOL
Good for you Bonny! My inlaws have three and they use them too. It's a bonus for my wife and I because they have one in Cocoa Beach that has two large bedrooms so we get to use one bedroom when they go. Even though this IS vacation land, it's nice to get to the beach now and then.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:57 PM
Gold member

You can post it on Ebay. There is a section under real estate for timeshares and vacation property. I would not pay someone to take it. That is just crazy.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Good for you Bonny! My inlaws have three and they use them too. It's a bonus for my wife and I because they have one in Cocoa Beach that has two large bedrooms so we get to use one bedroom when they go. Even though this IS vacation land, it's nice to get to the beach now and then.
I agree !! Especially Hawaii & St. Maarten beaches ! LOL
Old 01-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

Hotel owned timeshares are easy to sell. I have owned and sold Hyatt, Hilton, and Marriott. You can not sell for any where near the price you paid if you bought from the developer but you can do well if you buy on the secondary market. We just have one now, Hyatt in Key West, they are selling for around $30,000 a week from the developer, we paid $5,000 for our week, maintenance fees are $975 so we get a week in KW for equal to what 3 nights run in a nice hotel. There is a very active secondary market for the big three timeshare hotel operators.
If your timeshare is not one of the big three you will be lucky to sell it for anything. You can try to put it on eBay with no minimum.
The best place to learn everything about time sharing is The Time Share Users Group
tugbbs.com
Never pay to list your timeshare.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
You can post it on Ebay. There is a section under real estate for timeshares and vacation property. I would not pay someone to take it. That is just crazy.
Not too crazy if you get rid of those pesky maintenance fees that I would still be paying today. You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:11 PM
Platinum member

If u send me ur information about ur time share I may be interested in buying it. PM w details. Who knows? It may work out for both of us...
Old 01-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Default BlueGreen Vacations

I have a friend that purchased points in the above recently and thinks she may have put money down the drain. Has anyone had experience with this group good or bad ?

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 04-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

I sold my Disney Vacation Club timeshare in one day. I used DVC Resale Market, Inc They were outstanding and very professional. I was very satisfied with the price I received.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:18 AM

I wanted to get rid of mine. The cost kept getting larger and larger. Until people could rent and pay less for its use then what I was paying. So I called and complained. The Time share basically laughed at my complaint so I simple stopped paying. An amazing thing happened. The timeshare told me if I did not pay the yearly fee I would loss the timeshare. Really I laughed, I have not paid since. That was seven years ago. I figure it was a win for me.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Just tell them it's been confiscated by the IRS for failure to pay taxes and will be tied up in law suits for the next decade.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:40 PM
Gold member

We have had a timeshare at Walt Disney World since 1993 and absolutely love it. In addition to Disney World we have used it in Vermont (twice), Williamsburg, Va and Gatlinburg, Tn. as well as a Disney Cruise. Our maintenance fee is around $100 per month. We think this is money well spent as normally we wouldn't consider the places we have been because of the cost.

Thankfully this is the only timeshare we own.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Location: Mohnton PA, Raystown Lake PA, and NOW the village of Charlotte

We too have BLUEGREEN and would love to get rid of it ~ we also have Disney and LOVE that and would never ever part with it.........

Last edited by HDriders; 04-14-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 05:14 PM

I gave my timeshare to my kids so they can take their kids and then someday my grandchildren can take their kids
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.