If you lived in Paris...

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I thought it was very moving to see so many world leaders link arms and lead the march. It will be a photograph in history books in times to come.
It was Gracie, and the words were stirring.

I just wait until reality sets in. Tomorrow when the words are being prepared for those history books, we then begin to measure actions and hope that we can make inroads.

It appears that the world has leaders who have purpose and want to erase this threat from the world. We, in this country, have so many resources to offer, I am hoping that our leaders will get on board and an offensive against this worldwide disease will begin in earnest...no more words.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
It was Gracie, and the words were stirring.

I just wait until reality sets in. Tomorrow when the words are being prepared for those history books, we then begin to measure actions and hope that we can make inroads.

It appears that the world has leaders who have purpose and want to erase this threat from the world. We, in this country, have so many resources to offer, I am hoping that our leaders will get on board and an offensive against this worldwide disease will begin in earnest...no more words.
///////
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,758 Times in 1,008 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
///////
\\

I'll say!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
I must correct you !!!

Attorney General Holder DID NOT ATTEND today. He was in Paris and LEFT TOWN before the march.

I said I did not criticize the President for not being there, but our lone representative for this major event was the ambassador and that is it. Holder WAS NOT THERE...HE LEFT TOWN

Major faux pax I would say
Is it a faux pax.....or is it an intentional, unspoken demonstration of whose side they're really on?
Old 01-11-2015, 10:34 PM

I believe that we are still a huge target but I hope that day never happens again because we are far from ready for another attack; and yes it's good to be armed but you hope and pray that day or moment of truth never comes.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
///////
//////////

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-12-2015, 08:55 AM
Sage
Default If you lived in Paris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Is it a faux pax.....or is it an intentional, unspoken demonstration of whose side they're really on?

Boy, now that is an interesting thought.! And scary as the dickens.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
It is scary and I elect not to think it BUT, if listen to some of the quotes, etc...one of the most chilling was the President saying "“The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam” because of the similiarity of what the terrorists said. He said this to the United Nations and taken by itself is not good. I prefer things in context and when I read that, it helps a bit but still gives me chills.

What bothers me more about the lack of US in France is not the President not showing but the obvious lack of importance our country paid to this.

Secy Kerry called any comments on this "quibbling" however he said that Asst Secy Nuland was there in Paris and she was in fact in Washington and did attend the march there.

Speaking of the march in Washington, again, I will give the President a pass on not being there although he was in town, but the VP was in Delaware, etc. And this march in Washington was a few blocks from the WH and ONLY Nuland attended as an official.

What was a bit embarrasing was reading what CNN's Jake Tapper wrote...

"The United States, which considers itself to be the most important nation in the world, was not represented in this march -- arguably one of the most important public demonstrations in Europe in the last generation -- except by U.S. Ambassador Jane Hartley, who may have been a few rows back. I didn't see her. Even Russia sent Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

I say this as an American -- not as a journalist, not as a representative of CNN -- but as an American: I was ashamed."

Jake Tapper: I'm ashamed by U.S. leaders' absence in Paris - CNN.com

Just to add, this displeasure is not restricted to one side of the aisle.....

"Jane Hartley, the American Ambassador to France, represented the United States. But that wasn’t enough – even some committed democrats who expressed disappointment. Aaron David Milller, who served for years as a lead peace negotiator with the state department tweeted: “Not an excuse in universe can explain why US failed to send to Paris a more visible rep. than Holder. MIAs BHO/Mrs BHO/Kerry/Biden”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/no-senior...is-unity-rally
Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Compare The US chief's body language greeting Arab leaders with greeting Israel.PM..
Will try to add links.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/201...mes-president/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.