Installing under cabinet LET strip lighting

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Will you share the installer's name? Both our over and under cabinets (installed by former owner, I think a DIY job) have failed. We had an electrician estimate $1000 to replace. He charged us $50 for the estimate that would be applied to the price. We said yes, he left, never came back despite several attempts to contact him. And yes, he was a registered electrician.

That was two years ago. We'd still like to have this done.
I went with ESHINE very easy install, I did drop microwave to install connection wire.
Either web site or Amazon.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
The first 3 foot section took 6 hours
The second section took 3 hours
The third section took 1 hour

Dang, the LED tape lights are hard to work with at the 10MM width
LEDSupply - For All Your LED Project Needs!
Here is where I bought most of my product, very helpful. The controller has an app that controls the lighting. You can schedule when they come on and off, if you get the RGB you can pick any color.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,416 Times in 4,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
As the person who actually works in the kitchen and uses the lights, I would prefer that the undercabinet lights be installed along the front edge of the cabinet, so that they light up the counter where I am working. The wall does not need to be lit up, the workspace does.

There is a lip along the front of the cabinet that can hide the light, or a small piece of molding added.
Be careful placing the lights right up against the front lip. It can leave a nasty shadow on the counter top.

We just had ours done. Two strips are an inch or so back and two are right up against the front lip. The ones an inch back give off an even light over the entire counter top. The others show a noticeable shadow.

I'll be moving those back in short order...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
section, hours, tape, lights, installing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.