LIV Golf

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2023, 04:58 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,925 Times in 3,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
I will definitely will watch future events.
As will I.
There are players I enjoy watching.
The graphics and team scoring is different, but not a deterrent.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

So Cameron Smith, Phil Michelson, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka are all eligible to play in all the majors. In addition, the Masters will also have Sergio Garcia, Patrick Reed, Henrik Stenson, Bubba Watson, Carl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen. Not exactly the over the hill gang. Add the fact the PGA is adopting some of LIV's strategies and it shows what happens when a monopoly runs into competition. It's now fun to watch McEilroy walk back some of his comments and how quiet Tiger has been. There is a market for both and why it has become a battle and why we are expected to take sides is way beyond me.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-04-2023, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So Cameron Smith, Phil Michelson, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Brooks Koepka are all eligible to play in all the majors. In addition, the Masters will also have Sergio Garcia, Patrick Reed, Henrik Stenson, Bubba Watson, Carl Schwartzel, Louis Oosthuizen. Not exactly the over the hill gang. Add the fact the PGA is adopting some of LIV's strategies and it shows what happens when a monopoly runs into competition. It's now fun to watch McEilroy walk back some of his comments and how quiet Tiger has been. There is a market for both and why it has become a battle and why we are expected to take sides is way beyond me.
Yes, SOME LIV players will be able to play in the majors... But the number is WAAAY lower than last year...

LIV golfers can still play in majors but the number who are eligible may surprise you | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com.

-Tom Petty
Old 03-04-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
Watched every minute of LIV golf since it started. Being an avid golf fan for many years, particularly Ryder & President's Cup tourneys and "match/team play" format - I find LIV golf much more exciting and fun to watch. Started watching Bay Hill Thursday, a good part of the field was already done for the day as usual with 8 hours of golf play format. The shotgun start for LIV gets everybody out together for a 4 hour golf event. Party/music atmosphere gets loud on holes near the clubhouse, looking forward to attending upcoming event at Orange County National - and good times!
Amen brother! I love it and am looking forward to attending all 3 days of the upcoming LIV tournament in Orlando! Should be an awesome time!
Old 03-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,304 Times in 2,846 Posts

Nobody should have to play golf wearing long pants unless it’s very cold outside.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp07 View Post
How much tradition paid your bills while you were raising your family?
A lot of tradition in my life, got up at 6am went to work in an office, worked 8-10 hours a day, worked harder than the person in the desk next to me to get the promotion or salary increase and saved/invested money to have a great retirement. Agree that people move for money and I probably would do the same but then shutup accept the decision you made and stop with the complaining about not getting money from your ex employer. Also stop saying LIV is competition, it is an exhibition with exhibitors paid up front and then their expenses paid on the back end no matter how badly they play.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Also stop saying LIV is competition, it is an exhibition with exhibitors paid up front and then their expenses paid on the back end no matter how badly they play.
Where the PGA continues to move to.

Where NBA, NFL, MLB, etc., already are.

Old 03-05-2023, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Nobody should have to play golf wearing long pants unless it’s very cold outside.
I've seen lots of legs that should not be in shorts.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,225 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Also stop saying LIV is competition, it is an exhibition with exhibitors paid up front and then their expenses paid on the back end no matter how badly they play.
Similar business model to the new PGA Tour.

Tiger played 9 Rounds on the PGA Tour last year and got $15,000,000 in "participation bonus" money.
Old 03-05-2023, 02:47 PM

Sound like other professional sports: Football/Baseball/Soccer/Basketball/etc.
Old 03-05-2023, 04:00 PM
Default LIV viewership

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Everybody gets paid, no cuts, no pressure. In spite of the WWF type promotion, I find it annoying and boring. But all the defectors are making boatloads of cash. The Saudis have plenty of money to burn, so expect to see it around for awhile. Viewership for the round last week on the CW network was poor compared to the Honda with a weak field. Something like 250,000 viewers compared to 2.5 million for the Honda.
They revised the overall viewership once they added those that watched via web stream. It certainly was a lot better event than the no name Honda. Honda was like watching a Web.com tournament. We are looking forward to the OC National event. Remember that was the first CW broadcast and was not well advertised. The Palmer Invitational had tee times from 7:45 to 1:20... Shotgun start and team aspect is a good addition.
Old 03-05-2023, 04:14 PM
Default Money in sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Golf has become woke......
New breed, money money money no regard for tradition
You do realize that Tiger Woods won around $115 million in winnings over his 25 years of actively playing that's about $4.6 million per year...Now compare that to NFL, MLB, NBA contracts, LeBron James signed an annual contract for $130 million annually. Those greedy golfers.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Yes, SOME LIV players will be able to play in the majors... But the number is WAAAY lower than last year...

LIV golfers can still play in majors but the number who are eligible may surprise you | Golf News and Tour Information | GolfDigest.com.
Once the PGA gets their head out of their butts that may change in the years ahead. They have started to back away, I can only hope it continues.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-05-2023, 09:17 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
IMO too much glitz, graphics, yada yada yada from the know it all’s, the side scores are OK but not comprehensive. I may grow into it, but I guess I’m a traditionalist at heart. The younger set will prob love it and that is LIVs target.
Younger set play a lot less golf and probably watch golf even less. Would rather play on their cell phones.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Golf has become woke......
New breed, money money money no regard for tradition
Define WOKE. It now seems to be the catch all for anything that a person does not like,
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, liv, find, good, music

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.