Looking for Micro Brewery Info

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2022, 08:08 AM
Veteran member

There are 5 microbreweries within a few blocks of each other in Ybor City(Tampa)

5 Craft Breweries You Must Visit in Ybor City, Florida | Florida Smart
Old 02-13-2022, 08:25 AM
Veteran member

Chicago Fire is a micro-brewery - they brew their own beers, and most are pretty good. Yes, it's not fancy, but the beer is good.

Neither Sunny Pint nor Flying Boat are micro-breweries. They don't brew their own beers (the definition of a micro-brewery), they offer a good selection of micro-brews from various breweries. Both offer food and beer. Flying Boat is superior to Sunny Pint in several ways - it offers more beers (most of which are local Florida beers) and beer is consistently more reasonable in cost. While I like Sunny Pint, their prices are consistently higher than every other micro-brewery in the area.

Bully's is small, but every beer on tap is high quality. They offer a very wide variety covering the various types of beers. If going to Leesburg, I would definitely hit Bully's, and then Mammoth Oak. Mammoth is hit or miss depending on the mood the brewer was in for the past month or so. Sometimes I'll find a number of beers I like, and other times the brewer has gotten on specific beer style kick and there is nothing on tap that makes me want to order a 2nd one.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:51 AM

Sunny Pint on 44 in Wildwood. North side of 44 in a small plaza
35 or so taps many many Florida micro breweries. Nice people too.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:14 AM

We were impressed by the Sunny Pint on 44 north of Brownwood. Specials, excellent flatbread, and heated patio as well as good beer and hard cider menu. I think it is more reasonable than WOB. You may want to make a trip to St Petersburg also.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:38 AM

Our family loves microbrews as well. I highly recommend an overnight trip to St. Petersburg. We had the best time hitting multiple high quality breweries all within walking distance of each other. The best breweries we've experienced in Florida since moving here. Among them were: Overflow, Cycle, 3 Daughters, and St. Petes.

Last edited by SusanStCatherine; 02-13-2022 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Add facts
Old 02-13-2022, 09:47 AM

Definitely Sunny Pint! They always have great selection. Food is good but limited. Very cool tap set up. Very convenient to south Villages, it is in the first building outside the bubble west of Brownwood medical.

Unfortunately for craft beer fans WOB now caters to Villagers, using valuable tap space for beers like Mick Ultra and Bud light, which you will never find on tap at Sunny Pint.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:19 AM

Bully in Leesburg I thought was pretty good. Mammoth was not impressive to me. Clermont Brewing Company in Clermont was great!

Sunny Pint taphose (similar to World of Beer) is nice and food is good but I agree is pricey.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:25 AM
Default Tap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilclif View Post
Definitely Sunny Pint! They always have great selection. Food is good but limited. Very cool tap set up. Very convenient to south Villages, it is in the first building outside the bubble west of Brownwood medical.

Unfortunately for craft beer fans WOB now caters to Villagers, using valuable tap space for beers like Mick Ultra and Bud light, which you will never find on tap at Sunny Pint.
I saw a Bud Light tap at a brewery once and asked about it. They said that was their water supply LOL
Old 02-13-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBToo View Post
My daughter and son-in-law are coming to visit in a few weeks. They are both fans, if not connoisseurs, of micro-brewery beers.

Does anyone know of any breweries or establishments that feature micro-brewery beers, in or around the area? I am aware of ‘World of Beer,’ but not any others. I’m sure they would like to explore what central Florida has to offer while they are here.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Try- Big Hammock Brewery in Ocala, they also have a nice menu.
Old 02-13-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
Chicago Fire is a micro-brewery - they brew their own beers, and most are pretty good. Yes, it's not fancy, but the beer is good.

Neither Sunny Pint nor Flying Boat are micro-breweries. They don't brew their own beers (the definition of a micro-brewery), they offer a good selection of micro-brews from various breweries. Both offer food and beer. Flying Boat is superior to Sunny Pint in several ways - it offers more beers (most of which are local Florida beers) and beer is consistently more reasonable in cost. While I like Sunny Pint, their prices are consistently higher than every other micro-brewery in the area.

Bully's is small, but every beer on tap is high quality. They offer a very wide variety covering the various types of beers. If going to Leesburg, I would definitely hit Bully's, and then Mammoth Oak. Mammoth is hit or miss depending on the mood the brewer was in for the past month or so. Sometimes I'll find a number of beers I like, and other times the brewer has gotten on specific beer style kick and there is nothing on tap that makes me want to order a 2nd one.
Totally agree! But…we often do a 2 stop jaunt to go to both, in order to support these small owner run businesses! They are close enough to visit both in one trip…if you don’t “sample” too many!! And the dog at Bully is too cute!
Old 02-13-2022, 01:12 PM

Mt Dora Brewing Co.
Very good selection of brews and good bar food. I haven't been there in 2 years, I would Google it for location, hours etc.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,630 Times in 600 Posts

We enjoy going to micro breweries, big difference drinking at the brewery, and stopping at a place that sells micro brews.

Many times actually talk to the brewer, or one of the owners. They know their product, and love to give you info on their life’s passion. Up north we have 15 micro’s we visit. We love dark, and reds, never IPAs. Last time we were at one of our favorites, owner greeted us, brought 3 new, not on the menu yet. Pride in a micro is worth the trip.

Google is only your friend, to get directions, experience speaks volumes over google
Old 02-13-2022, 02:31 PM

Make a trip to Gainesville! Terrific breweries up there. Our absolute favorite is Swamphead which has a huge selection of ever changing beers, and food trucks on site. Big Top Brewing is wonderful-great beers and a fantastic food menu. First Magnitude is also great. Added bonus is you can throw in a stop at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods!
Old 02-13-2022, 04:04 PM
Platinum member

Check out Mt. Dora area. Very eclectic and un-like TV(too many chain restaurants).
Old 02-13-2022, 05:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosegooseman View Post
Crooked Can Brewing Company
(407) 395-9520

Located at the Plant St Market in Winter Garden. About 45 min or so from TV. Great beers and also awesome food place too.
Love Crooked Can.
And BTW a micro-brewery MAKES beer, most of the places mentioned POURS beer.
Big difference to the afficianados.

Skip
Closed Thread

Tags
beers, micro-brewery, offer, area, aware

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.