Michigan Bound or Returning Snowbird?

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2022, 01:47 PM
Default Michigan Bound or Returning Snowbird?

Sure would love some Montmorency cherries

Last edited by jeannieg; 08-15-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

The wife and I used to live an hour and a half from Traverse City and we would regularly make the run to get cherries in season. I also miss the wonderful bi-color (or "yellow & white" or "peaches & cream") sweet corn, the cider doughnuts in the fall, the deep-fried perch and walleye and, of course, the Koegel's hot dogs. Fortunately, "Koegel's on the Road" brings those to The Villages, but it's hard to get the rest. We're going back for a bit in October and will get the doughnuts and fish (too late for the cherries and corn!).

We spent 20 years in North Carolina and the strawberries, peaches, watermelon and cantaloupe there are the best I've ever had. We just made a short run back there to get peaches, watermelon and cantaloupe (missed strawberry season by a few months).

Here in Florida, I've gotten hooked on fresh local shrimp, Florida-style barbecue (much better to me than the vinegar-based North Carolina BBQ) and Honeybell Tangelos.

There is great food to be had in every state and to be missed when not in those states!
Closed Thread

Tags
michigan, bound, returning, snowbird, love

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.